Classes still Garbage

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Nothing that you will do Blizzard will stem the tide of people leaving. 8.1 nope, 8.1.5, nope 8.2 and beyond, nope. The classes still are hot garbage to play. The Azerite system will not fix that. The classes in BfA are just turds that you lazly crapped out because the company is too cheap to hire real class developers to work on the classes. You can put out new content, but when people feel as if they are playing with arthritis or on a bad trip from a drug cut with bulls**t, they will stop playing. Their character is how they interface with the game, and that seems to be long forgotten. Poor interface, poor player retention.
Azerite wont fix this problem, people who actually care about this game will. This current group of grifters working at Blizzard need to go. And when Blizzard pisses on your face, they send Ion out there to use us lawyer double speak and try to convince you it's just raining. This does not bode well for the game at all.
11/08/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Bruzes
The classes in BfA are just turds that you lazly crapped out because the company is too cheap to hire real class developers to work on the classes.
They don't even need to hire 'real' class developers.
1) load up a copy of a MoP server, open the spellbooks for each class, copy & paste into BfA.
2) Make Azerite traits enhance the MoP spells.
3) Watch the subs roll in (I know I'd resub if I had my MoP hunter back...)
11/09/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Bheleu
11/08/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Bruzes
The classes in BfA are just turds that you lazly crapped out because the company is too cheap to hire real class developers to work on the classes.
1) load up a copy of a MoP server, open the spellbooks for each class, copy & paste into BfA.

To make it even easier, they could leave out #2 all together because you'd actually have well-developed specs that don't need to be propped up by azerite/artifact traits.
11/09/2018 06:40 AMPosted by Signey
...They don't even need to hire 'real' class developers.

To make it even easier, they could leave out #2 all together because you'd actually have well-developed specs that don't need to be propped up by azerite/artifact traits.

I’d buy a sub for the whole year if they did this. I’d give them so much money if they did this. Do they not want my money?
They don't even need to hire 'real' class developers. 1) load up a copy of a MoP server, open the spellbooks for each class, copy & paste into BfA.
This, just SO much, especially for all Ranged DPS and Healers.

Personally, I loved WOD. First time they really started pushing the storytelling in the game, lot of good music, gorgeous zones, only thing really lacking was 1 raid tier.

The problem with WOD is the change in the developer team from people who liked fun class design that evolved alongside raid design... to some clowns who think "immobile turret" is a good design goal. It's not, it's archaic outdated garbage. This is why melee in Legion got twice as many mobility tools as before, because being able to be more active during raid encounters, even when doing mechanics, is fun.

I don't know why melee were allowed to evolve in design but ranged dps were not.
Encounter design evolves, it asks more of players more often. So just let me use a darned Shadow Bolt while moving. It's not that complicated.

Move the guys who did that dumpster fire of Ranged DPS and Healer changes in WOD, move them to WoW Classic, because they're the ones living in the past with outdated archaic foolish ideas on class design. Let them work on the game from 15 years ago, and get some MOP-minded folks to work on the current game.
Dont forget the bad RNG to include that depressing pruned classes. LOL just about every time for boss its just azzerite power that drops and no gear, even using a seal.
I just read through the Ele Shaman and Bear MOP guides on Icy Veins..... man...... what the hell happened to this game....

This, but the new team's arrogance is excessive and they're too proud to do it. Proud of what I can't say, this new class design feels like a social experiment to see how many people stay with gameplay as attractive as refuse.
I really want to enjoy the game and keep playing but classes are so pruned to hell and the gcd changes have slowed us down to a crawl, i have lots of alts I've been trying but they are all just a boring slog.

How could blizz have removed legenderies and artifact weapons with all its passives and given us nothing decent to replace them going into bfa???
Bottom line is I want to PLAY the game. This means, actually have the tools to deal with encounter mechanics. Running out of the "fire" with no way to do any damage is not PLAYING the game. It's stupid, garbage, out-dated class design. Having fun means learning to use your tools to deal with encounter mechanics. Casters simply do not have the tools.

Right now, the only reason casters are taken is because of spread mechanics where everyone can't be bunched or too much damage is taken. Otherwise, melee do better damage and have the tools to deal with movement. I want to continue to like this game, but it is really at the point where I get angry at how completely incompetent and useless the current dev team is.
11/10/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Majyka
Bottom line is I want to PLAY the game. This means, actually have the tools to deal with encounter mechanics. Running out of the "fire" with no way to do any damage is not PLAYING the game. It's stupid, garbage, out-dated class design.

I like you. You say the things I say.

11/10/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Majyka
Right now, the only reason casters are taken is because of spread mechanics where everyone can't be bunched or too much damage is taken.

Spread mechanics and forcibly being the only way to get gateway and mass dispel into the party.
I mean, I do well on the meters for my raid group (right now, that kind of thing comes and goes)
But, first and foremost, I'm a gateway and a soulwell. Anything else I do is incidental to that.
(I also made and geared a Priest due to a lack of Priests to be a walking Mass Dispel. Yay forced single-class mechanics!)
I actually leveled down this xpac. 110-120 was more like being lvl 99 again. So trash, and no you DO NOT CARE BLIZZARD, because if you did you would have listened to feedback from Alpha and beta and NOT deleted the corresponding forums so no one could call you out for feigning ignorance.
I haven't purchased BfA. I purchased every expansion starting with BC. The reason I haven't purchased BfA is the poor class design. I am upset they have removed so much from dps DKs. Frost already felt pruned in WoD while having Blood Pressence, strong AMS, Lichborne and Death syphon. Frost DK has lost everything.

Blood Pressence, gone
AMS, gutted
Death syphon, gone
Lichborne, gone

Frost DKs now...

Mobility: Awful
Control: Awful
Defenses: Awful

Why have some specs been absolutely gutted?
11/11/2018 12:46 PMPosted by Victor
DKs now...Mobility: Awful

To be fair, that's always been a DK thing. Unholy Presence was just 15% MS and that was all you had.
Totally disagree. 8.1 is a big step in the right direction
11/14/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Rizzaki
Totally disagree. 8.1 is a big step in the right direction

8.1 Does nothing for classes. They do some minor numbers tuning that could have been hotfixed in months ago. There are no steps here, because the numbers tuning isn't even that great. I don't think any of the "reworks" result in even a 5% dps increase, and they sure don't fix any of the mechanical issues.

Pathetic.
I have eight classes at 120 and several are performing just fine and 8.1 will help the others. Not leaving, but you are welcome to, bye
11/14/2018 05:43 AMPosted by Piselie
I have eight classes at 120 and several are performing just fine and 8.1 will help the others. Not leaving, but you are welcome to, bye

Did you really need to post the same thing on two different characters within an hour of eachother?
Thinking the interns need to be smarter in their posting habits.

;)

To expand further, there are a number of specs that are suffering horribly. Shadow, Elemental, Enhancement, Feral, Guardian and Marksman to name a few. There has been blue posts of the subject of improving these specs (with the exception of Guardian), where only a very small percentage of the stated changes will improve their quality of life, despite thousands of pages of good feedback that would absolutely help the specs, are completely ignored with no such back and forth communication in working out what's needed for each design.

To think 8.1 is going to be an improvement for those specs, one would have to be ignorant, full of !@#$, or %^-*ing delusional...
All the classes are just refuse, turds that come from individuals that DON'T CARE about class development or the game. The people who did this have no interest or passion for the game. These classes are the most lazily, hamster wheel oriented, creatively bankrupt, and apathetic designs that have ever been implemented. The leadership is a joke, and yet there is a doubling down on this vomit. 8.1, 8.1.5, 8.2 wont fix that. It will take a leader who knows the game, who understand that the characters we play are our interface with the game, and an awful interface = and awful game.