Make Mythic Cross Realm from the start

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/10/2018 08:54 AMPosted by Durbanpoîson
you guys are missing the point of why I want mythic cross realm from the start. I do not want to raid in a guild. I do not want to commit to a regular schedule for a entire tier. I do not like toxic RLs and Raiders. I am tired of being in guilds where everyone is just sitting there yelling at each other and if u defend yourself you get kicked from the guild.

Usually, if you get yelled at by an officer/GM in a Mythic raid, MOST of the time you did something wrong. All these stories you hear are from people that have made mistakes, and get kicked as a result.
It sounds like you gotta suck it up, this is an mmorpg. If you want a game that only caters to you, might I suggest you look at playing single-player games.
11/10/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Werbatim
Yes, xrealm mythic should be a thing on day 1 of mythic being released but not because some big mean raid leader is randomly yelling at people which isn't even a real thing.

you say it isn't a real thing and it isn't always the RL but yelling at other raiders on your team and calling them all retards does happen way more then you think. if it hasn't happened to you, you are lucky I guess.
11/10/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Chargie
It's like saying you want to do 2.5k+ RBG's with randoms and no voice chat. Would you want to risk losing your rating?

What do you lose if your pug can't kill a boss? The only people against cross realm mythic are those who are bitter for two different reasons. The first group are a bunch of alliance crybabies who want to punish everyone who doesn't want to play alliance. The second are the people in guilds which aren't competitive who think that since they were forced to join a guild that sucks to get a few mythic kills then everyone who wants to do mythic should be forced to join a crappy guild. If you're good enough to pug some of the bosses they despise you since they are not. They complain that there needs to be reasons to join a guild so let's make a completely contrived reason up.

Here's a hint for you guys: if the content is hard enough to require joining a guild to do and people want to do it they'll join a guild. You shouldn't be forced to join a guild to do content that isn't hard enough to require joining a guild to do. Common sense. Get some.
11/10/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Werbatim
11/10/2018 09:02 AMPosted by Chargie
It's like saying you want to do 2.5k+ RBG's with randoms and no voice chat. Would you want to risk losing your rating?

What do you lose if your pug can't kill a boss? The only people against cross realm mythic are those who are bitter for two different reasons. The first group are a bunch of alliance crybabies who want to punish everyone who doesn't want to play alliance. The second are the people in guilds which aren't competitive who think that since they were forced to join a guild that sucks to get a few mythic kills then everyone who wants to do mythic should be forced to join a crappy guild. If you're good enough to pug some of the bosses they despise you since they are not. They complain that there needs to be reasons to join a guild so let's make a completely contrived reason up.

Here's a hint for you guys: if the content is hard enough to require joining a guild to do and people want to do it they'll join a guild. You shouldn't be forced to join a guild to do content that isn't hard enough to require joining a guild to do. Common sense. Get some.

You lose the Mythic lockout the rest of the week.
11/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Maizono
It sounds like you gotta suck it up, this is an mmorpg. If you want a game that only caters to you, might I suggest you look at playing single-player games.

It isn't about sucking it up. this is just a game to sit back, relax and have fun. toxic behavior and talking to people that way in VC just cause ur in a higher power position doesn't give you the right to treat people that way and it can make your raid team less productive. I have been RLing for years and tons of people say I always stay very positive and I am very mellow about everything and we always get !@#$ done and I don't have to behave like an animal over a silly game people like to play to relax and escape from RL. these people wouldn't talk to people in RL like that. yea some times people in RL in positions of power do this %^-* but they have also been killed and gotten there !@# beat doing it.

Okay, so nothing. People know that and are pugging the raid anyway. Does that make you angry?
11/10/2018 01:18 AMPosted by Ollin
Nah.

I think they need to lock even more horde content behind alliance progress, just to punish you for dogpiling one faction instead of balancing things out.

Agreed.
11/10/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Werbatim

Okay, so nothing. People know that and are pugging the raid anyway. Does that make you angry?

you do not just lose the lockout. when I pugged mythic HFC cross realm I would do it multiple times a week every week. people would add me to btag and show up to the raids for the rest of the week and even next week. mythic HFC was cross realm for like 9 months and it was very successful. tons of pugs clearing 9/13M etc every week. my pug got all the way to mythic many and we got him to the last phase a few times but I didn't need any gear anymore on any of my alts and I honestly got tired of no one helping me RL Mythic Manny cause the fight so so damn mechanic heavy and a lot of those people didn't have a lot of exp on the fight so I basically got tired of talking for the whole fight so I just stopped.

you do not just lose the lockout. when I pugged mythic HFC cross realm I would do it multiple times a week every week. people would add me to btag and show up to the raids for the rest of the week and even next week. mythic HFC was cross realm for like 9 months and it was very successful. tons of pugs clearing 9/13M etc every week. my pug got all the way to mythic many and we got him to the last phase a few times but I didn't need any gear anymore on any of my alts and I honestly got tired of no one helping me RL Mythic Manny cause the fight so so damn mechanic heavy and a lot of those people didn't have a lot of exp on the fight so I basically got tired of talking for the whole fight so I just stopped.

Nice and there are still trolls/scum who will say you didn't deserve to do those runs because you weren't in a guild.
11/10/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Durbanpoîson
11/10/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Maizono

It isn't about sucking it up. this is just a game to sit back, relax and have fun. toxic behavior and talking to people that way in VC just cause ur in a higher power position doesn't give you the right to treat people that way and it can make your raid team less productive. I have been RLing for years and tons of people say I always stay very positive and I am very mellow about everything and we always get !@#$ done and I don't have to behave like an animal over a silly game people like to play to relax and escape from RL. these people wouldn't talk to people in RL like that. yea some times people in RL in positions of power do this %^-* but they have also been killed and gotten there !@# beat doing it.

Well good for you on your raid leading achievements and attitude, you're still demanding the game cater to you, when it's clear Blizzard is trying to correct their own mistakes regarding faction balance by making it require X clears on both factions. If they just wanted non-pugs to experience it first it would only need X clears in general. I don't want to argue the point with you though, it's a lost cause really since you believe you're superior to me, and well everyone that's responded to you so far in this thread. Just throwing my two-cents in.
I think they just need to get rid of the factions and let alliance and horde raid together. that's really the only one to fix that problem at this point to be honest. and it isn't just catering to me there are a lot of people who would prefer just pugging mythic cross realm. there are a lot of people cause of there job, RL issues, etc where they cannot commit to a guild. when I was in the army there was no way I could ever commit to a guilds schedule unless they were fine with me missing weeks of raids at a time.
Well good for you on your raid leading achievements and attitude, you're still demanding the game cater to you, when it's clear Blizzard is trying to correct their own mistakes regarding faction balance by making it require X clears on both factions. If they just wanted non-pugs to experience it first it would only need X clears in general. I don't want to argue the point with you though, it's a lost cause really since you believe you're superior to me, and well everyone that's responded to you so far in this thread. Just throwing my two-cents in.

All this 'fix' does is punish people for playing on low population realms. People on high pop realms were pugging the first bosses of Uldir from the first lockout onwards. It's only people like me who cleared heroic a long time ago and had nothing to do until 100 alliance guilds killed g'huun that are punished. We shouldn't accept any solution to faction imbalance if it punishes people on the realms who don't even have a top 100 horde or alliance guild on the server.

They should reward the first 100 of each faction to kill the boss. That's fine. Punishing the rest of the community for not having enough alliance raiding guilds? That's garbage.
my mains and guildies just changed servers because we couldnt get enough people to put together a mythic team. all the guilds were spamming for the same roles so we couldnt merge guilds, and getting into or even finding a mythic pug on the server was like pulling teeth.

this is my problem. you can pug it, its just realm specific. it would be more accessible to more players if it was cross realm.

one problem is the server first kills and the top 100 guild kills. the real problem is how they track this, and how they would have to change that metric.

does (those guys) get the 5th ghuun kill and server first when they are RL friends with 5 dudes from method and they ran with them for the kill? does that kill not count in that instance?

the other problem, does making mythic cross real hurt forming guilds. being in a good guild makes clearing content easier in the long run. does making mythic cross realm from the start hurt the formation of guilds, which in turn means less people actually clear the content, leading to having to create easier content.
11/10/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Durbanpoîson
I think they just need to get rid of the factions and let alliance and horde raid together. that's really the only one to fix that problem at this point to be honest. and it isn't just catering to me there are a lot of people who would prefer just pugging mythic cross realm. there are a lot of people cause of there job, RL issues, etc where they cannot commit to a guild. when I was in the army there was no way I could ever commit to a guilds schedule unless they were fine with me missing weeks of raids at a time.

Now that I actually agree with you, factions and faction-conflict only really serve to drive a wedge in the playerbase imo. I mean sure making the game factions helps with the pvp aspect of the game, but the pve suffers. I myself work graveyard shifts/weird hours/extra days so I know the pain of being unable to commit to a guild its why I've missed a majority of the past two expansions.
Pugs will be able to fully clear mythic content if it is cross realm. u can be picky about who you invite to the group. a lot of people who know how to RL and form proper pug groups clear heroic the first week of every tier. I got my aotc week 2, didn't even try week 1 cause I didn't feel like it and I was 7/8H week 1 of the tiers release with barely any wipes. when I did kill heroic ghuun the 2nd week we did it in about 25 pulls which was faster then most guilds in the game. not faster in just clearing heroic but also less wipes in total.
I just looked it up. heroic ghuun took me a total of 28 wipes and it was a 6 min and 28 sec kill week 2. less attempts, got the kill a lot earlier then most guilds and a lot faster kill then most guilds and it was a straight pug with basically everyones ilvl around 360.
and a que that will solve the raider io problem.if you got a que for lfr you can put on in for m+.
[/quote]Now that I actually agree with you, factions and faction-conflict only really serve to drive a wedge in the playerbase imo. I mean sure making the game factions helps with the pvp aspect of the game, but the pve suffers. I myself work graveyard shifts/weird hours/extra days so I know the pain of being unable to commit to a guild its why I've missed a majority of the past two expansions.[/quote]

I myself was alliance for years. I was on one full server that was 98% alliance. it was so full that at the start of WoD if you tried to log into the game in the evening u were in queue for about 2 hours. for some reason everyone decided to go horde and the server become a medium server and eventually a low pop server. I myself prefer alliance cause I like the cities a lot better and I wanna be a void elf, but I am forced to stay horde so I can actually do harder content like pushing keys and easily clearing heroic raids etc.
11/10/2018 01:06 AMPosted by Durbanpoîson
They require a 90-95% attentadance rate regardless if you are in the hospital or not.

Okay, that's just not true. Typically speaking guilds do want you to handle real life prior to/after raid, but there are emergencies that do come up.

Assuming you are someone who doesn't miss raid a lot (if even at all) then a couple of days MIA won't hurt you and just explain "hey I was in the hospital" and they will understand.

Now if you are missing from raid once a week, then go MIA, then yeah you probably lost your raid spot.

The biggest thing with raiding and attendance is communication.