Told Shadow and Shamans to wait till 8.1..

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Then you did nothing but numerical tuning that could have been done via hotfix 2 months ago, that people on this forum could have come up with in 10 minutes.

The class design is so bad at this point, that I almost wonder if there's some conspiracy involved.

There's no way that after having 14 years of past experience and feedback, they can be this bad, so out of touch with what the players actually want.

I'm not exaggerating at all, it's so mind mindbogglingly bad that it's almost as if it is being done on purpose. Am I the only one that has had this thought?
11/10/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Thorhammer
Am I the only one that has had this thought?

Nope.
Don't forget warlock... we are always forgotten.
It's incredibly confusing to me why these changes don't just get hotfixed in right away. There are no new talents, no mechanical changes, just some number changes that look like they couldn't have taken more than a couple of hours to put together. Yet, we wait months for this?!? And have to wait until 8.1? It's a pathetic joke, and so are these devs.
It sounds like Blizzard actually wants to bring WoW down to a state where they can port the next expansion to mobile only...

I just can't think of any other reason any more... the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. *You feel dread crawling up your back*
Then you did nothing but numerical tuning that could have been done via hotfix 2 months ago, that people on this forum could have come up with in 10 minutes.

The class design is so bad at this point, that I almost wonder if there's some conspiracy involved.

There's no way that after having 14 years of past experience and feedback, they can be this bad, so out of touch with what the players actually want.

I'm not exaggerating at all, it's so mind mindbogglingly bad that it's almost as if it is being done on purpose. Am I the only one that has had this thought?

I'm at the point of wanting them fired. This is beyond a joke now.

Virtually every other thread in this subforum is about this, so no.

It's pretty clear they aren't going to invest time into actually fixing classes until 9.0. Your options are to suck it up or unsub until they feel compelled to make appropriate changes.

Class design in this game has always been pretty bad. It started out as a game designed by some guys who played EQ a lot and who had no real design experience (and no talent at it) and just copied EQ stuff. They do some good once in awhile, but that's just pure chance over the course of 14-15 years of randomly trying stuff.

If I could describe WoW in a nutshell, it's basically a game designed by untalented/inexperienced people, but who have had a great art team (and the Blizzard/Warcraft IP) carrying them all this time.

[/quote]

https://youtu.be/BOVfw5O5c1g?t=144
And you still have this group of players that will defend anything Blizz does.

"Well, it's better than nothing."

They, and these clueless group of devs, will help sink this game we love so much.
11/10/2018 08:29 AMPosted by Mhezzo

Class design in this game has always been pretty bad. It started out as a game designed by some guys who played EQ a lot and who had no real design experience (and no talent at it) and just copied EQ stuff. They do some good once in awhile, but that's just pure chance over the course of 14-15 years of randomly trying stuff.

It can't be the same guys who started it: class design was actually really good at certain points in the game, and just started falling apart two years ago when there was some sort of reboot to the classes.

It just can't be - nobody can be that incompetent after 14 years at the job.
Maybe there is only one class dev for all classes.
I think there are a few devs for all the classes, and I can't pretend to know what goes into class design or how difficult it is to do, but they really do give off the impression that they are out of touch with the community. It seems like their philosophy is to design the class based on their own data without taking in to account the majority of community feedback, and to keep interaction and communication with the community at a minimal so as not to cause too many problems.
11/10/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Signey

It's pretty clear they aren't going to invest time into actually fixing classes until 9.0. Your options are to suck it up or unsub until they feel compelled to make appropriate changes.

They didn't bother with fixing them in 8.0 with all the good feedback they asked for and were given. What makes you think that 9.0 will be any different?

Fire Ion, replace the class devs and for the love of the Light, bring in people who actually play these classes to make changes to them.
So when the !@#$ is my class going to get fixed? We ran out of time in alpha. Then we ran out of time in the beta. We ran out of time again for 8.0. 8.1 seems like a pathetic 2 hour hotfix. Seriously, Blizzard charges way too much money for this kind of garbage. So, when is my class going to be finished?
I think there are a few devs per class, and I can't pretend to know what goes into class design or how difficult it is to do, but they really do give off the perception that they are out of touch with the community.

That is absolutely not the case -- there are nowhere near that many class devs. There is no developer who specializes in, say, priest (let alone any spec of a given class). It never fails that with every patch there are changes that make experienced players say "what?" That's the result of devs making changes to specs they don't fully understand. And I'm not mad at them for that; nobody can master every spec in the game (at least not while also working a full-time job). What I am a bit mad at them about is that they don't recognize that and listen to feedback from people who have mastered individual specs.
11/10/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Drunkgnarble
11/10/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Signey

They didn't bother with fixing them in 8.0 with all the good feedback they asked for and were given. What makes you think that 9.0 will be any different?

Fire Ion, replace the class devs and for the love of the Light, bring in people who actually play these classes to make changes to them.

^
11/10/2018 02:43 PMPosted by Linjea
at least not while also working a full-time jo

Unless that literally is their full-time job...

If you're going to throw a junior dev at the single, most important customer-facing aspect of the title then you've already failed. Which again goes back to Ion and his director work being inadequate.

Unless, of course, Blizzard has pulled another Titan project and sucked all the grade-A talent away from WoW again...
Shadow priest changes are substantial, about the best you can expect honestly.

Talent changes on spriest open up different playstyles quite a bit. I don't think Ele changes are as good (Surge of Power is just a bad talent), but its definitely better than what enhance got.
11/10/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Plytofski
Shadow priest changes are substantial, about the best you can expect honestly.

Talent changes on spriest open up different playstyles quite a bit. I don't think Ele changes are as good (Surge of Power is just a bad talent), but its definitely better than what enhance got.

Go back and look at the Spriest changes. All they did was lengthen Void Form a bit and increase it's damage slightly, and nerf damage outside of void form to compensate. That's it. Zero changes to actually fix issues.

This is the same problem with every spec change they are making in 8.1 - they're just number adjustments that could easily have been done three months ago in a hotfix.