DARKMOON FAIRE : WHAT ITEMS ARE BEST TO BUY

New Player Help and Guides
ok so I am a non paying role player I was saving up darkmoon faire tickets for a tonk thinking that a hunter could use one as a hunter pet big mistake anyway I wanted to know what items are most usefull in battle hopefully I can figure out what to use them on
heirlooms there are some toys also

you can get 100 tickets but you'll need to fish up 100 darkmoon fish. the fishing vendor has a quest for 100 fishies. this quest can only be done 1 time per character. the easiest way to get fish is to run up and down the cost (easier at 20 with a mount) fishing at debris as you'll get some each cast.
Most heirloom 1-60 pieces cost 50 tickets apiece so with the fishing quest, you can get two. You can, however fish on many toons, do the quest on each, and purchase heirlooms that can be useable by all your Hunter's.
The heirloom gun, bow, and polearm costs 75 tickets.

At level 20 on a trial account, you are't going to be using heirlooms for the XP bonus and you can probably get compareable armor from questing or dungeons. I would get the gun/bow if you are MM or BM, and the agi polearm if you are SV. The hunter heirloom weapons are either Best in Slot at 20 and lower, or pretty close to it.

If you want armor, mail helms are non-existent at 20 and below except for heirlooms and shoulders are rare. A good alternative to the helm is a leather agi eyepatch that is a quest reward from the Stockades dungeon that o an run at 20. You can queue for other dungeons starting at 15.

Gnome Hunter's start with the ability to use mechanical pets (a Mechnical-rabitt IIRC) and other race Hunter's can learn the ability from an item later on. There are a couple of other low level mechanical pets - like mechanical striders - that they can tame.
The tonks, however are battle pets, useable by anyone and are not Hunter combat pets.

Save one ticket to purchase a Darkmoon Storage Box, which is a 16 slot bag limited to 1 per character.
11/10/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Nok

Save one ticket to purchase a Darkmoon Storage Box, which is a 16 slot bag limited to 1 per character.

i didn't know this but if you buy the faction tabards and run dungeons. you can rep grind 16 slot bags for all bag slots + your 3 bank slots. (well the 3 you can unlock as f2p)

there are pets and mounts and such. you can look at all the vendors to see if you want anything since you said you're a rp'er. you can hit the marygoround for a 10% xp gain buff for up to an hour. you can use this till you hit 20 (fyi it's because your 20 capped not because it stops working after that)
11/10/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Nok
Most heirloom 1-60 pieces cost 50 tickets apiece so with the fishing quest, you can get two. You can, however fish on many toons, do the quest on each, and purchase heirlooms that can be useable by all your Hunter's.
The heirloom gun, bow, and polearm costs 75 tickets.

At level 20 on a trial account, you are't going to be using heirlooms for the XP bonus and you can probably get compareable armor from questing or dungeons. I would get the gun/bow if you are MM or BM, and the agi polearm if you are SV. The hunter heirloom weapons are either Best in Slot at 20 and lower, or pretty close to it.

If you want armor, mail helms are non-existent at 20 and below except for heirlooms and shoulders are rare. A good alternative to the helm is a leather agi eyepatch that is a quest reward from the Stockades dungeon that o an run at 20. You can queue for other dungeons starting at 15.

Gnome Hunter's start with the ability to use mechanical pets (a Mechnical-rabitt IIRC) and other race Hunter's can learn the ability from an item later on. There are a couple of other low level mechanical pets - like mechanical striders - that they can tame.
The tonks, however are battle pets, useable by anyone and are not Hunter combat pets.

i didn't know this but if you buy the faction tabards and run dungeons. you can rep grind 16 slot bags for all bag slots + your 3 bank slots. (well the 3 you can unlock as f2p)

there are pets and mounts and such. you can look at all the vendors to see if you want anything since you said you're a rp'er. you can hit the marygoround for a 10% xp gain buff for up to an hour. you can use this till you hit 20 (fyi it's because your 20 capped not because it stops working after that)

thanks for the help so far you two
11/10/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Gargamell
most usefull in battle
Heirlooms.

Everything else is just fluff.

If you'll be f2p for a while but plan to upgrade eventually, you can work towards filling out the heirloom tab of your Collections. Their EXP bonus and scaling stats are in effect up to level 60 at first, but there are upgrade tokens that extend the effects until 90, 100, and 110. Only the level 90 tokens can be purchased at the DMF, 100 tickets for the armor upgrade and 120 for the weapon, but watch the calendar for holidays because sometimes you can buy the 90 or 100 tokens with special currency earned from the holiday's activities. IIRC the next one with a token is the Lunar Festival in early February.

If you think you might also get into pet battling (a la pokemon), the tonk and the zeppelin are commonly used. Pet battles are only available if you've paid for game time.
I believe that the f2p starter accounts are still restricted from doing pet battles.
11/11/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Nok
I believe that the f2p starter accounts are still restricted from doing pet battles.

it is. i'm on a vet account and yes, no pet battles.
11/11/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Jakjak
Pet battles are only available if you've paid for game time.
I suppose to clarify, they're only when your sub's active, not when the account is in Starter status.
hey jakjak thanks for all the help all the time

11/11/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Jakjak
Pet battles are only available if you've paid for game time.
I suppose to clarify, they're only when your sub's active, not when the account is in Starter status.

11/10/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Gargamell
most usefull in battle
Heirlooms.

Everything else is just fluff.

If you'll be f2p for a while but plan to upgrade eventually, you can work towards filling out the heirloom tab of your Collections. Their EXP bonus and scaling stats are in effect up to level 60 at first, but there are upgrade tokens that extend the effects until 90, 100, and 110. Only the level 90 tokens can be purchased at the DMF, 100 tickets for the armor upgrade and 120 for the weapon, but watch the calendar for holidays because sometimes you can buy the 90 or 100 tokens with special currency earned from the holiday's activities. IIRC the next one with a token is the Lunar Festival in early February.

If you think you might also get into pet battling (a la pokemon), the tonk and the zeppelin are commonly used. Pet battles are only available if you've paid for game time.
bye the way guys when does the darkmoon pit master drop a ticket chest into the pvp arena
11/11/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Gargamell
bye the way guys when does the darkmoon pit master drop a ticket chest into the pvp arena

i don't think f2p accounts can touch the chest
awww that's to bad

11/11/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Piale
11/11/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Gargamell

i don't think f2p accounts can touch the chest
I don't remember fishing for any tickets. I did the dailies.
You can trade in a certain kind of fish (dark moon dagermaw I think) to the fishing vendor at the end of the pier and get a swimming mount - its useful if you haven't fished up the turtle (available at higher levels) to cross water at faster mount speeds.

Some of the potions you can get from the vendor on the main drag in front of where the cooking daily guy is increase stats - good to pop at lower levels if there is a rare or boss you want to have more bite on.
hey guys random question what happens when a free account gets to lv 20
11/12/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Gargamell
hey guys random question what happens when a free account gets to lv 20

Nothing really. You get gold in lieu of XP but your gold cap of 10g stays the same and the only things you can really spend it on are bags and riding.

Any XP you would have learned on the character gets "banked". In the event that you convert to a paid account later on, all banked XP is applied to your character. You can bank enough XP to get to level 30 immediately upon getting a sub.

Even on a free account, you can create up to 50 characters with a limit of 16/18 per realm.
11/12/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Nok

Any XP you would have learned on the character gets "banked". In the event that you convert to a paid account later on, all banked XP is applied to your character. You can bank enough XP to get to level 30 immediately upon getting a sub.

[/quote]
this is only for free accounts right not vet accounts right? if i do return for old world i don't want this one leveling if i log into it.

to op if you plan on subbing you can bank the gold by buying runethread i think it's call (the most expensive thread it's 2.40-3gold per 1 thread depending on rep) it stacks to 200 and you can bank it untill you sub then sell it all for a gold boost.

this is only for free accounts right not vet accounts right? if i do return for old world i don't want this one

Yeah, just for free accounts that have never had paid time.

Be aware though that if you turn XP off for a vet account character, the XP gets turned back on automatically when paid time is applied to the license.