Profession WQs - How they feel.

Professions
As many likely noticed, Blizzard removed profession WQs (and possibly a few other types) from counting as credit towards completing emissary quests.

This change devalues professions and makes them less rewarding for choosing a particular profession while out in the world. Instead of being able to quickly finish one of the 4 WQs required for an emissary, there is essentially zero reason to go and do the profession WQs because the amount of mats they give is unrewarding in the first place.

So by removing the profession WQs from the completion requirements for Emissaries, you have taken away a reward source for players and that feels horrible.

Either keep profession WQs part of emissary completion, or remove them but buff the amount of reward they give. But by removing them and keeping the reward they give at such low quantities, there is nothing fun about venturing all the way over to an area for 20 ores I could have mined closer to town.

Another suggestion would be to make Profession WQs more rewarding but increase their difficulty. Perhaps you could make them into mind-puzzles like the tortollan WQs or Kirin Tor WQs and increase the yield of mats they provide. Then at least they would give more benefit and be more interesting than simply doing what is normally done but with added travel time.

Thanks for reading, I hope this feedback was constructive and reaches someone.
Not going to do much as this is all part of the gradual weening process.

All professions are being removed in the next expac as stated so no need to keep people interested in BFA.
11/11/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Roghallough
Not going to do much as this is all part of the gradual weening process.

All professions are being removed in the next expac as stated so no need to keep people interested in BFA.

Source?
Revealing his source would require removing the tinfoil hat and that's all that stands between him and THEM

I hardly feel like the change is "horrible", just mildly inconvenient. And I got over that fairly quickly.

Do the profession WQ for the +1 skill or the recipe ranks. Personally don't see any other reason to do them.
11/11/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Tinkerizmo
Revealing his source would require removing the tinfoil hat and that's all that stands between him and THEM

I hardly feel like the change is "horrible", just mildly inconvenient. And I got over that fairly quickly.

Do the profession WQ for the +1 skill or the recipe ranks. Personally don't see any other reason to do them.

But my professions are maxed. Leveling them doesn't even matter to me, so long as I can craft the 385 gear.
11/11/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Tinkerizmo

Well In legion they had WQs that awarded fish, or money, or resources.

It’d be cool if they awarded those random loot fishing bags that fishing dailies used to award in wotlk and cataclysm ...