I Miss MOP Second Wind

General Discussion
It's a joke of a talent now.
Classes at the end of MoP were all pretty great. It's a shame how far everything has fallen now.
It was OP- that’s why it’s gone.

Do you miss burst of speed too?
me too but it'd be a giant meme if you couldn't hit an execute to stop that second wind in this day and age and tbh most of the classes lost their executes minus warrior
Shadow the hedgehog!

Hello
I miss MoP's class designs. My level 15 Hunter on the Classic demo has more buttons than my level 120 BFA Paladin, lol.
11/11/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Erelir
It was OP- that’s why it’s gone.

Do you miss burst of speed too?
Dunno, never played a Rogue.

11/11/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Daltorax
Shadow the hedgehog!

Hello
:)
Agreed
I miss metamorphosis
I miss MoP Warlock in its entirety.
I miss MoP Ele shaman and Marks Hunter
Second wind is fine, lets me jump off high platforms and regenerate health quickly.
I remember running Ulduar in MoP with a couple of friends, one of which was a warrior. We lost on Yogg but because of Second Wind the warrior would never die. He'd just sit there gripped and thrashed around by a tentacle, forever and ever.
I don't remember the exact differences. But I do know that Second Wind is almost always shrugged off as a "useless" talent, and I find myself at least once a week in some situation in which I've SPECIFICALLY used it to save my life.

Hamstring + Leap + kite = activate SW and heal to full in like 5 seconds. How people don't find that useful is beyond me.

I understand that it's SITUATIONALLY useful... but to say it flat out sucks like almost every site says is wrong.
11/11/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Rhekkar
Second wind is fine, lets me jump off high platforms and regenerate health quickly.
You're better off eating and bringing a potion that can get the job done better.
11/11/2018 02:32 PMPosted by Brocknor
I don't remember the exact differences. But I do know that Second Wind is almost always shrugged off as a "useless" talent, and I find myself at least once a week in some situation in which I've SPECIFICALLY used it to save my life.

Hamstring + Leap + kite = activate SW and heal to full in like 5 seconds. How people don't find that useful is beyond me.

I understand that it's SITUATIONALLY useful... but to say it flat out sucks like almost every site says is wrong.
Let's just say you were tankier than a deathknight below 35% hp. With effective kiting you were unkillable and didn't need a pocket healer like you do now.
Second Wind was broken af
You're better off eating and bringing a potion that can get the job done better.

You're wrong. I can jump of top of Dazar'alor hit the bottom with 5% health, then immidiately regenerate to full. Then jump off the next ramparts and back to full again. All while mounted.

If you are talking about raiding sure it's not very good, but it can be useful in mythic plus with anti-healer affixes.
11/11/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Rhekkar

You're wrong. I can jump of top of Dazar'alor hit the bottom with 5% health, then immidiately regenerate to full. Then jump off the next ramparts and back to full again. All while mounted.

If you are talking about raiding sure it's not very good, but it can be useful in mythic plus with anti-healer affixes.

Except Second Wind is disabled for all of those. Bursting? Took damage so Second Wind is turned off. Necrotic? I mean you shouldn't bet getting hit anyway, but that is also damage that turns off Second Wind. Quaking? Oops more damage. Second Wind is useless because if you ARE taking damage, chances are that you are going to want to be healed past the threshold of taking damage again before like 12 seconds goes by and you get healed to full by your own talent.

The only scenario where Second Wind can be good in group PvE combat is if it is burst damage with ZERO damage elsewhere, but in THAT scenario that means that the healer has literally nothing else to do besides top people off anyway in the downtime at which point getting healed by the Binding Heal, Atonement, Chain Heal, Pally Flashlight, Wild Growth, etc. etc. is more worth the healers time than you doing it yourself.