Classic should be 5$ a month

Classic Discussion
11/11/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Idun
11/11/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Raggnnar
Obvious troll is obvious.

Are they a troll, though? Poe's Law is a thing.

Number of posts and them saying things in other threads have me convinced much less the "BFA is better" comment in one. Not even retailers think BfA is good for most part rofl.

Fairly convinced they made the freebie account just to troll these forums for luls.
11/11/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Raggnnar
11/11/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Velossena

Let's seem hmmm... after 2-3 years we broke even with just a cheaper classic only sub, in 4-6 years, we'll have made a 100% profit. It's like magic.

You expect a company to wait 3 years to break even?
And you don't even count additional server and maintenance costs?

GG.

If it means turning out a profit in the end and keeping their customers happy, yeah. And don't even go waving post production costs around, you're the one who came up with the breaking even after 2-3 years when you don't know how quickly they would break even, regardless of price.
Did you just assume my subscription?
Blizzard couldn't pay ME $15 dollars a month to play BFA, and I'll never have it installed. I will pay to play classic, and I don't mind it being bundled since BFA players will check classic out for free.
As if Blizz needs more money... 5.00 would be like giving back and saying thanks to all those who still play from the beginning and gifting others who have only heard stories.. And on that note, watch how fast the vanilla servers surpass the new stuff in subscriptions. Bet me.
11/11/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Velossena
11/11/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Raggnnar
You expect a company to wait 3 years to break even?
And you don't even count additional server and maintenance costs?

GG.

If it means turning out a profit in the end and keeping their customers happy, yeah. And don't even go waving post production costs around, you're the one who came up with the breaking even after 2-3 years when you don't know how quickly they would break even, regardless of price.

Umm believe you misread my post. I said they have had a team working on it for 2-3 years. Not that it'd break even in said time. I am not even going to try to calculate all of that.
11/12/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Raggnnar
11/11/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Velossena

Umm believe you misread my post. I said they have had a team working on it for 2-3 years. Not that it'd break even in said time. I am not even going to try to calculate all of that.

Fair enough, but I have to wonder how you think charging less then $15 for a classic only sub would only let them break even? Giving a classic only option will bring in more subs then bundling classic and modern together. I mean there are already people saying they won't even play if there is no classic only option.
When I see topics like this, the only thing I'm thinking about is that if there is a difference for you between $5/mo and $15/mo, playing MMORPGs isn't your primary concern.
Im in wait and see mode now, the demo didn't really seem impressive but that can be fixed up, the sharding and loot trading are the big issues that i see [thats assuming the game is released without the "feel" being off etc]. If its good and almost a 1 to 1 re release, with sharding hopefully removed or only in the first newb zone at most and loot trading done away with, i have np paying 15/month. I think alot of people are in the same mindset and the sub fee is not a big deal its just the quality we get that determines a re sub...
11/12/2018 12:21 AMPosted by Velossena
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Fair enough, but I have to wonder how you think charging less then $15 for a classic only sub would only let them break even? Giving a classic only option will bring in more subs then bundling classic and modern together. I mean there are already people saying they won't even play if there is no classic only option.

Those same people are all talk and most will sub in the end anyway even at 15pmo.
Bunch of whiners.

Guarantee the lot of you spend that if not more than quadruple that per month on completely unnecessary purchases.

15 is fine. Blizzard please just ban anyone whinging about the subscription cost. Can never please some people so we're better off without them.
11/12/2018 12:41 AMPosted by Falnear
When I see topics like this, the only thing I'm thinking about is that if there is a difference for you between $5/mo and $15/mo, playing MMORPGs isn't your primary concern.

14 years ago I had less responsibility.
Now that I have more...

Okay and is it Irony to tell someone that doesn't want to play BFA to play previous expansions when that person wants to play the earliest form of the game?
Nah.

$15 for a World of Warcraft subscription is fine.

We finally know the cost, so it's time for private server players to put their money where their mouths are.

They've said for a long time that they'd pay to play a Blizzard vanilla server, now they're getting it, and are complaining about having to pay regular price for it.

It's almost as if they never really wanted it in the first place, unless it was super cheap, or free.

Those same people are all talk and most will sub in the end anyway even at 15pmo.
Bunch of whiners.

Guarantee the lot of you spend that if not more than quadruple that per month on completely unnecessary purchases.

15 is fine. Blizzard please just ban anyone whinging about the subscription cost. Can never please some people so we're better off without them.

Many will. I won't deny it, but adding an option for classic only will pull in addition people either way. They say they wouldn't pay $15, but most of them like me would $15 for a classic only option with no BFA attached.

That said, please don't pretend like money spent on wow, sub included, is a necessary purchase.
11/11/2018 09:18 PMPosted by Turkeylurger
I know it is, but retail is 15$ and has more content and will have further. 5$ for JUST CLASSIC is all i want. 15$ just to play the bad/easy version of wow is a waste.

Actually BFA has less content than vanilla because all old content is made irrelevant by new content. BFA should be the sub that costs 5$ a month lol.
They'll charge what people will pay. It's not a charity. It's a for-profit company. Always has been.

$15/month is fine with me. ~15 years of inflation and that's probably more like ~$11/month relatively speaking. So really, you are getting it cheaper.
I think at blizcon they only mentioned that classic will be included with current subscription. But they did not say anything about having or not having separate sub just for classic. That would be nice, hope they add that in.
It's almost like the largest neck beards from classic never left the basement to seek a source of income. If you can't, or refuse to pay $15/month for classic, nobody will miss you once it's launched.
I could probably be convinced that the subs should be separate, but $5 per month for Classic--no, sorry. I've been asking for this for many years, so I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.
I'd also like to see a collector's edition so I can even further support the game I love.
11/11/2018 09:14 PMPosted by Turkeylurger
I don't want to play BFA it sucks let me pay for classic, it should cost at most 5$ it's unfair to pay 15$ a month just to include something no one wants.
go back to buggy, boring private servers then. Noone will miss you.