Demo 8.1

Warlock
Good Morning,

I am not a Demo player and never even tried it but with the Buffs Heading its way in 8.1 im wondering how they will look for Mythic +

With a Warlock our cleave is quite poor and for higher cleave a lot of people want different classes, With Demo being better with the AoE will this buff help?
Demo is already solid in M+, and the buffs to nether portal don't really affect it because honestly sacrificial souls will probably still be better
Warlock dps is fine in M+ The main thing holding us back is the lack of a single interrupt.
More like nerfs. Demo always gets nerfed first big patch guarentee every expansion.

Sacrificed soul just got nerfed to 4%

It honestly wont change my mind in choosing takents though. Nether portal is still on a long timer and not worth it even with 25% invreased damage.
One of those buffs is just compensation because pets were dipping on haste for energy regen so it's not really a buff.

Also, Demo's not fine because it needs an interrupt.
until demo has something that says take me over these other guys its not fine just another bench warmer
Demo isn’t getting buffed. It’s probably getting nerfed due to the sacrificed souls number shuffle
Demonic consumption might be the best after patch with the nerf. Stacking the tyrant trait on ptr i could get some insane damage out of him.
11/14/2018 05:42 AMPosted by Harlach
Demo isn’t getting buffed. It’s probably getting nerfed due to the sacrificed souls number shuffle

theyre buffing pets to compensate
11/14/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Thötbane

Ummm, no, the pet buff is to compensate for the haste nerf on pets, so that's a wash. With the talent nerf, it's an overall nerf to Demo. Pets, particularly imps, were getting double haste, so that has been fixed. They increased damage slightly to compensate. I think on PTR, most are seeing a noticeable dps loss.
11/14/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Thötbane

It will just be garbage unless the tyrant is up. Sacrificed Souls is largely propping up the spec right now because demo haste scaling is so bad and the amount of haste on gear sucks. They should listen to everybody and increase uptime through instant cast tyrant and felstalkers.

Demo would still be turrety as all hell with sbolt and hog. This would just speed up the rotation and provide something when you have to move. The specs ramp up for both aoe and St are brutal to begin with. Give us something not glued to haste especially if you are nerfing sacrificed Souls.