[Suggestion]: Tribute To Stan Lee, Jeffrey Kaplan

General Discussion
Jeffrey Kaplan game directed Wrath of the Lich King, which is in it’s 10 year anniversary, whom now game directs Overwatch

Stan Lee, having passed away, writer of Marvel Comics, appeared briefly in Marvel Films, should logistically make one final appearance in World of Warcraft

Idea: An icey-frost Nerubian spider pet that launches to it’s enemy target with web slinging action, named “The Marvelous Comical”, and when the pet gets hurt, the hunter bulks up in great green anger
11/13/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Calibre
Jeffrey Kaplan game directed Wrath of the Lich King, which is in it’s 10 year anniversary, whom now game directs Overwatch

Look up anything in-game that says "Tigole" and you'll find references to Kaplan, since that used to be his user name when he was a WoW dev.
oh look another thread about a famous celebrity who died begging for an in game tribute.

Why? Why should Stan Lee get an in game tribute in a game he had nothing to do with?

Everytime some famous person dies you can be sure that people will clamouring here to beg for some in game tribute for no other reason than they were famous.

I would hazard a guess that most people didnt know Stan Lee's name until he the boom of comic book movies began.

People like Gary Gygax should have in game memorials to them (instead of some flavour text on a garrison follower from WoD).
should logistically make one final appearance in World of Warcraft

Im sure you mean logically but please explain why he should get an appearance.

Because he made some comic book characters doesnt really seem to cut it as a reason why he should be memorialised in a game he had nothing to do with.
11/13/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Sinnabun
Why? Why should Stan Lee get an in game tribute in a game he had nothing to do with?

have you seen the amount of celebrity references in wow?

now guess how many of them actually played wow.

I'm 100% indifferent towards a tribute for Stan Lee, or for anyone, but you are grossly minimizing the influence Stan Lee has had on WoW, and almost every other video game, development. Many, many artists and developers were inspired and influenced, directly or indirectly, by Stan Lee's works and contributions to pop culture.
11/13/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Greenegg

References not tributes.
11/13/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack

I'm 100% indifferent towards a tribute for Stan Lee, or for anyone, but you are grossly minimizing the influence Stan Lee has had on WoW, and almost every other video game, development. Many, many artists and developers were inspired and influenced, directly or indirectly, by Stan Lee's works and contributions to pop culture.

That throw away line. Keep pretending that Stan Lee was a bigger deal than he really was.
A reference would be neat, a tribute seems a bit much for a game he had no part in. With that said, asking for a reference/tribute takes away from the reference/tribute if they actually implement it. I think I get more satisfaction from getting a reference without knowing about its implementation beforehand.

Stan Lee, having passed away, writer of Marvel Comics, appeared briefly in Marvel Films, should logistically make one final appearance in World of Warcraft

Idea: An icey-frost Nerubian spider pet that launches to it’s enemy target with web slinging action, named “The Marvelous Comical”, and when the pet gets hurt, the hunter bulks up in great green anger

I’m not very smart, but what’s the reason you bring up Jeff Kaplan?
oh look another thread about a famous celebrity who died begging for an in game tribute.

Everytime some famous person dies you can be sure that people will clamouring here to beg for some in game tribute for no other reason than they were famous.

I would hazard a guess that most people didnt know Stan Lee's name until he the boom of comic book movies began.

People like Gary Gygax should have in game memorials to them (instead of some flavour text on a garrison follower from WoD).

This is why I hate male night elves, everyone who plays one has a stick so far up their rear end it tickles the back of their throat. The man was a legend, and seeing as there are other celebrity tributes (deserving or otherwise) I don't see anything wrong with this.
11/13/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Sinnabun
Because he made some comic book characters doesnt really seem to cut it as a reason why he should be memorialised in a game he had nothing to do with.

I mean, they did put in a tribute for Robin Williams.
11/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Felsavior
This is why I hate male night elves, everyone who plays one has a stick so far up their rear end it tickles the back of their throat.

I dont play one. I play a human paladin. This is just my forum toon.

So youre theory is flawed.

because hes goddam stan lee you don't speak about stan lee in this manner. this is not okay.
11/13/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Sinnabun
11/13/2018 03:01 PMPosted by Whiskeyjack

That throw away line. Keep pretending that Stan Lee was a bigger deal than he really was.

He was a big deal you internet tough guy lol
11/13/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Sinnabun
11/13/2018 02:54 PMPosted by Greenegg

References not tributes.
lol what? so after someone dies their reference then has to be removed from wow?

there's literally no difference between a reference and a tribute aside from emotional meaning.
Whoa. I read the title and thought "is Jeff Kaplan dead too?"
Yes to the first, no to the second.

I mean, the guy is responsible to some degree for the current mess we're in with the game.

If anything we should have some option to throw rotten fruit at in game likeness.
11/13/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Sinnabun
Yeah if downvotes still existed I can't even begin to imagine how much downvotes you would rightfully receive.

Who cares if nobody knew his name until the movies (Which isn't true), does it change anything about why he was beloved by so many? Are you going to try and negate all care for the revolutionary writer that he was by stating nobody knew him?

RIP Stan Lee, and give that legend a tribute.
Had to go look to see if Jeff died too, who's like exactly half the age of Stan Lee. Horrible click bait title.

Was watching Antman & Wasp last nite and there was the inevitable cameo. Heard he filmed a bunch of cameos to be used in future movies so that's good. So funny.

Rest in peace, Mr. Lee. You were a huge contributor and visionary to a few generations of comics/super hero fans. The world won't be the same now.