Can void elf’s use fel?

General Discussion
Hi everyone I’m playing a void elf warlock but I’m enjoying destruction. Something has crossed my mind can void elf’s “who have mastered shadow magic,” use fel? I know it is stupid to ask but I want to ask is it stupid to play destruction warlock void elf?
You can play whatever you want too my curious charmer, don't use labels like stupid. Leave the name calling for the bedroom, where it belongs.

/tentacleflip
Since we are warlocks I'm going to say yes?
Yes, a void elf can use fel magic.
Blizzard just wanted to give the most popular race to the Alliance.

It's not like they make sense at all.
11/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Æx

But you are the one that makes no sense.
11/13/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Fiznazzle
11/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Æx

But you are the one that makes no sense.

You will run tired of trying to justify lore nowadays.
Anyone can use fel as long as you have the felflame campfire. I especially enjoy using it with my LF.
"You can use Fel because reasons".
/signed Blizz
It can be the same argument with Void Elf Priest using the Light to heal people. If Void Elves were using the Light to heal people as Priests. Why isn't the Healing Spells Shadowly? Same with Warlocks in terms of Fel. Why are Void Elf Warlocks controlling the Fel after they mastered the Void?
oh there so many things in game wrong class/race combos. Forsaken death knights.. get risen to die again to get risen as a death knight. love that one. Forsaken holy priest. Tuaren paladins. Dark iron paladins really makes no sense. Im not complaining. Draenei shamans. the list goes on.
11/13/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Lucifuge
You can play whatever you want too my curious charmer, don't use labels like stupid. Leave the name calling for the bedroom, where it belongs.

/tentacleflip

Luci! You're back!

I missed you in that window where I didn't see any of your posts for a while!
Sure they can! Fel and shadow/Void magic go hand in hand together. You even see the Burning Legion and other warlocks regularly making use of both.
Don’t overthink it
Just remember that Tauren can be Priests and Paladins and then you’ll laugh and remember that lore doesn’t exist anymore.
Seems odd that a “void elf” can use “fel” aka warlocks but Zandalari can’t lol
Warlocks can use fel because they don't internalize it. Void elves cannot be demon hunters because demon hunters internalize the fel, which'd result in them going boom.

Bad juju, that.
11/13/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Lucifuge

/tentacleflip
this made me chuckle more than it probably should have lmao
Blizzard really muddied the lore reguarding Fel and Void during Legion.

Originally there was no disconnect between the two. Back in WC3 Fel and Void were two parts of the same power. Undead were created by a Fel Demon through Shadow Magic.

Then in Vanilla and again in Burning Crusade a distinction between the two was established.

This was further reinforced in Wrath of the Lich King with a heavy focus on Shadow magic in regards to the Undead, and next to zero mention of Fel.

Then in Legion we get this brand new lore that Fel is in direct opposition to Void, just like Light, but stronger. It is also directly stated that Fel and Void do not mix. And that Demons were created to eradicate the Void.

Then later in Legion, all of this is thrown out the window as Demons tap into Void for greater power.
11/13/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Azralon
Something has crossed my mind can void elf’s “who have mastered shadow magic,” use fel?

umm...
warlocks master shadow magic too....

aff is all shadow.

Warlocks are users of shadow, fire, and fel.

aff focuses on shadow dmg.

demo is a mix.

destro is mainly fire and fel (fel fire ftw?)

according to lore

went light collides with void in twisting nether fel magic is born.