Griefing / Shard lag out

General Discussion
Intentionally lagging out a shard by spamming totems, battle flags and AoE everywhere to the point where logging off, traveling to, hearthing and general movement or connectivity becomes impossible should be immediate grounds for a guild wide ban.

Change my mind.
Blizzard doesn't ban anymore, they only suspend.
11/13/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Smadinker

Sounds like it should change, intentionally disrupting connectivity and taking down a part of the world should not be tolerated.

What do you mean "anymore"? And suspension only happens if you cheat/undermine their ability to make money.
11/13/2018 06:29 PMPosted by Neghrar

What do you mean "anymore"? And suspension only happens if you cheat/undermine their ability to make money.

Well, I mean that Blizzard doesn't throw around bans anymore. I don't really know how to say it differently. Suspensions happen for all sorts of things; such as botting, exploiting, real world monetary gain from WoW, this list could go on and on for miles. Used to players were actually banned. Now you just wait out your suspension while playing on a burner account.
Buy a better computer.
You're just making up problems that don't exist.
11/13/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Cyniel
Buy a better computer.

You should tell that to blizzard because each shard has a limited amount of resources, by spamming AoE, totems and battleflags you can easily hit that limit and effectively bring a shard to a dead stop.
Any one else remember the bug when you could log out, and totems would lose ownership. Causing them to attack anyone nearby. The bank alt massacre was real.