You are not prepared

Classic Discussion
just saw a thread with 'classic is to easy for 2019 playerbase'

Shall enjoy the rude awakening for you unsuspecting souls. See you back in retail post lvl 10
If a player from BFA plunked down the money for Blizzcon, played the Demo, and still has the opinion that Classic is easy, despite over 90% of the game was unavailable and what was available was mainly an unfinished product...

they have the right to that opinion, an uninformed opinion, but an opinion none the less.
11/14/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Gygen
If a player from BFA plunked down the money for Blizzcon, played the Demo, and still has the opinion that Classic is easy, despite over 90% of the game was unavailable and what was available was mainly an unfinished product...

they have the right to that opinion, an uninformed opinion, but an opinion none the less.

True, and considering that the regen was MASSIVELY off for all races (especially trolls), this is going to be fun =)
I think generally the people saying Vanilla is too easy are referencing raids in 1.12 as compared to modern retail mythic raids. They might legitimately have a point. Regardless, leveling, leveling dungeons, and just getting basic gear are all drastically harder in vanilla.
11/14/2018 07:48 AMPosted by Fyedora
I think generally the people saying Vanilla is too easy are referencing raids in 1.12 as compared to modern retail mythic raids. They might legitimately have a point. Regardless, leveling, leveling dungeons, and just getting basic gear are all drastically harder in vanilla.

Putting boss v boss yes i believe retail wow is harder raiding wise. But these are 20mans compared to 40. Its really hard to compare something so old to something so new, retail is definitely catering a lot more for the casual player, where classic does not.
11/14/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Gygen

The demo wasn't even vanilla-like since it had bleed through of changes from every expansion up to and including legion.
Vanilla required more patients. Many will walk away because of this.
11/14/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Ristra

think you mean patience :) I agree with this 100% people wont understand that they will need to LoS caster mobs, manage mana, watch pulls etc etc
11/14/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Jeebusjones
11/14/2018 08:27 AMPosted by Ristra

think you mean patience :) I agree with this 100% people wont understand that they will need to LoS caster mobs, manage mana, watch pulls etc etc

You already do all this in high lvl dungeons in retail, ask anyone doing 13s-15s.
Great post op, the newbs are truly in for a swift kick to the as$.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You already do all this in high lvl dungeons in retail, ask anyone doing 13s-15s.

And that's a small minority in BFA.
In vanilla everyone had to learn to do that and it starts with your first group quest/first dungeon.

Go to GD and read the TW thread. It's BC time walking and they can't even take down trash mobs cause no one is "CC". One poster there even suggested using fear to CC !
11/14/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Zenshigen
11/14/2018 08:33 AMPosted by Jeebusjones

Yes you do this at max level and not all players do this, in classic you'll be doing these things from level 1
11/14/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Jeebusjones
11/14/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Zenshigen

Yes you do this at max level and not all players do this, in classic you'll be doing these things from level 1

leveling in vanilla is complex asf compared to a very easy leveling experience in retail. Retail is catered for the noob you are helped all the way to max lvl and are still baby sat with catch up mechanics
OP is right, im not coming out and saying retail raiding is harder than vanilla this is to hard to compare. Its just that vanilla is such a god damn grind with so many little complexities which have been touched on by a few people. Blizzard have made retail so it caters to a working lifestyle, vanilla dgaf about your life, youll be thinking to yourself holy crap ive spent this many hours and only done this? 1-20 bracket will kill off so many players especially if you level alone RIP to you sir
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Noodyrun

leveling in vanilla is complex asf compared to a very easy leveling experience in retail. Retail is catered for the noob you are helped all the way to max lvl and are still baby sat with catch up mechanics

There's no catch up. If you want good gear you do dungeons/raids.
If you are not a raider then pvp or dungeon sets 1/2.
No "daily quest" that will give you Naxx equivalent gear.

And absolutely no legendaries for kicking squirrels/picking up nuts.
That's when gear lost all meaning for me in Legion.
11/14/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Spidercup
OP is right, im not coming out and saying retail raiding is harder than vanilla this is to hard to compare. Its just that vanilla is such a god damn grind with so many little complexities which have been touched on by a few people. Blizzard have made retail so it caters to a working lifestyle, vanilla dgaf about your life, youll be thinking to yourself holy crap ive spent this many hours and only done this? 1-20 bracket will kill off so many players especially if you level alone RIP to you sir

here we go one sided mentality at its best. You will have hardcore classic players and hardcore retail players spending hours far greater than the average player. The whole caters for the working lifestyle its just progressing the game? Why make leveling insanely long when that part of the game is dead? We are heading into classic with far far FAR greater knowledge than ever before. Addons will fix your little complexities and player knowledge and experience will cater the rest. Cannot wait for the insane CC mechanics.
I love the use of grind too, like azerite isn't a grind. Your argument is so invalid it hurts.
11/14/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Brockthorn
11/14/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Noodyrun

There's no catch up. If you want good gear you do dungeons/raids.
If you are not a raider then pvp or dungeon sets 1/2.
No "daily quest" that will give you Naxx equivalent gear.

And absolutely no legendaries for kicking squirrels/picking up nuts.
That's when gear lost all meaning for me in Legion.

Was referring to retail for catch up mechanics
11/14/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Brockthorn

And that's a small minority in BFA.
In vanilla everyone had to learn to do that and it starts with your first group quest/first dungeon.

Go to GD and read the TW thread. It's BC time walking and they can't even take down trash mobs cause no one is "CC". One poster there even suggested using fear to CC !

Even in Wrath you could already see the unlearning happening. In late Wrath I got queued into Sunwell Plateau with a group of low 70s in decent dungeon gear, and we got absolutely curb-stomped. Basic things like CC, doing line of sight pulls, etc were all forgotten quickly.
11/14/2018 07:14 AMPosted by Noodyrun
just saw a thread with 'classic is to easy for 2019 playerbase'

Shall enjoy the rude awakening for you unsuspecting souls. See you back in retail post lvl 10

On private servers, the caves with hostile mobs in starter zones are usually littered with skeletons about the entrance. The strong tuning of vanilla mobs can catch pretty much everyone by surprise when starting out.