Alliance complaints about "Their Choices"

General Discussion
I didn't want to be drowned out by all the incessant crying in that other post so I decided it best to post my own thread. So, here goes.

Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing. It should not take a genius to figure out why this is the case. The alliance have a much more solid foundation and collection of both cultural and moral ideals.
The horde were barely scraping by with honor as their collective ideal, and that is being torn apart by Sylvanas. Hence the splintering of their inner factions and players getting these types of choices.

I get the urge to ask for fairness and the same kind of choices, but is that what you really want for the alliance? This horrible sundering of the faction just so you can make a choice?

If you want the same kind of agency I completely understand, however complaining favoritism because something pivotal is happening in the other faction does nothing to help your argument and just makes you look like self-intitled children.
11/14/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Sathrago
I get the urge to ask for fairness and the same kind of choices, but is that what you really want for the alliance? This horrible sundering of the faction just so you can make a choice?

Vengeance or forgiveness.

but i do agree that the crying from alliance players is way too much, they sound like spoiled kids who wants the same icecream that the other kids have because they are just jealous.
It is really strange that the Alliance hasn't had much inner conflict, when you think about it. The closest they get is Moira locking down Ironforge offscreen, Katrana Prestor, Jaina messing up Varian's talks with Silvermoon, and most recently, Tyrande standing up to Anduin.

When a lot of conflict happens within their own nations, for there to not really be any in the Alliance made up of different races and cultures is strange.
Alliance, send troops to the War or to back up the Night Elves in Darkshore?

Wow. that gave players choice and turmoil in the faction. Guess you're wrong
Just give me fat pallys and I’ll go sit in the corner quietly.
Alliance does have inner conflict, its just either resolved off screen or within like 5 minutes.

Maiev going rogue, Jaina going rogue, Genn going rogue, rogers going rogue, tyrande/malfurion going rogue.....

holy crap alliance has a lot of rogues.
Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing.
The Alliance storyline for the patch starts with Tyrande arguing that the night elves must reclaim their ancestral lands. Anduin refuses to lend aid, saying that they need to focus on Zandalar and Arathi. Tyrande refuses to accept this, storms out with Maiev and Shandris, and Genn joins her because the Gilneans owe the night elves.
I honestly think a lot of people would prefer not to choose if they didn't have to.
11/14/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Midlight
It is really strange that the Alliance hasn't had much inner conflict, when you think about it. The closest they get is Moira locking down Ironforge offscreen, Katrana Prestor, Jaina messing up Varian's talks with Silvermoon, and most recently, Tyrande standing up to Anduin.

When a lot of conflict happens within their own nations, for there to not really be any in the Alliance made up of different races and cultures is strange.

That's because they simply do not put in the same quality of writing.

They potential for interesting content is there but it is almost always brushed over or ignored.

This thread is basically complaining that the Alliance want interesting content.
I didn't want to be drowned out by all the incessant crying in that other post so I decided it best to post my own thread. So, here goes.

Of course, you also had the option of not posting an angry thread at all...
If you don’t play alliance then why do you care what they do or don’t have.
I can’t wait for the next thing they announce for the horde and the ensuing “why not alliance too?” threads that would follow.

Delicious alliance tears.
Honestly the horde choice is artificial, won't change the endgame, if you're going to give me a choice then make it matter, so all this claim about bias is too much from some alliance players. But, if the choice is really going to change something both factions should have it.

Also, who said a choice should only be about "who's gonna be the least worse horde warchief", alliance have ground to make choices too as some of the posters already said.
Honestly, i could careless.

what i really want, is for those toxic players from servers that was dedicated horde pvp servers to stop invading our shards.... our rp realms that is.
We'll happily take the inner turmoil if it gets us some actual story content.

For that to happen, you'll have to give up your control over the story. Are you willing to do that?
Soon the complaints from Alliance will cease as their faction also will.

You just need to be patient. It's coming!
11/14/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Archmage
Soon the complaints from Alliance will cease as their faction also will.

You just need to be patient. It's coming!

before or after the hordes complaints as well?
11/14/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Sunday
Alliance, send troops to the War or to back up the Night Elves in Darkshore?

Wow. that gave players choice and turmoil in the faction. Guess you're wrong

Im glad your not one of wow's story team. :)

Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing. It should not take a genius to figure out why this is the case. The alliance have a much more solid foundation and collection of both cultural and moral ideals.
The horde were barely scraping by with honor as their collective ideal, and that is being torn apart by Sylvanas. Hence the splintering of their inner factions and players getting these types of choices.

If you want the same kind of agency I completely understand, however complaining favoritism because something pivotal is happening in the other faction does nothing to help your argument and just makes you look like self-intitled children.

We don't write the story, why the Hell are you blaming the players!?

Like, how dense can you be?

Horde: "You don't get interesting stories because your faction is bland."
Alliance: "Blizzard please write us more interesting stories."
Horde: "Shut up, you should try being interesting instead of whining."

Do you not see the catch-22 feedback loop we're specifically asking to switch up?
Inner conflict does not have to be the only reason for player choice and agency to occur, though that's certainly one way. It can also pertain to things like problem solving. "How should we deal with the Horde/3rd party? What issues should we prioritize? Who should we work with most prominently?"