Alliance complaints about "Their Choices"

General Discussion
11/14/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Hnetu
11/14/2018 02:22 PMPosted by Sathrago
I didn't want to be drowned out by all the incessant crying in that other post so I decided it best to post my own thread. So, here goes.

Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing. It should not take a genius to figure out why this is the case. The alliance have a much more solid foundation and collection of both cultural and moral ideals.
The horde were barely scraping by with honor as their collective ideal, and that is being torn apart by Sylvanas. Hence the splintering of their inner factions and players getting these types of choices.

I get the urge to ask for fairness and the same kind of choices, but is that what you really want for the alliance? This horrible sundering of the faction just so you can make a choice?

If you want the same kind of agency I completely understand, however complaining favoritism because something pivotal is happening in the other faction does nothing to help your argument and just makes you look like self-intitled children.

We don't write the story, why the Hell are you blaming the players!?

Like, how dense can you be?

Horde: "You don't get interesting stories because your faction is bland."
Alliance: "Blizzard please write us more interesting stories."
Horde: "Shut up, you should try being interesting instead of whining."

Do you not see the catch-22 feedback loop we're specifically asking to switch up?

I giggled.
11/14/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Enekie
We'll happily take the inner turmoil if it gets us some actual story content.

For that to happen, you'll have to give up your control over the story. Are you willing to do that?

None of us have control over the story.
I didn't want to be drowned out by all the incessant crying in that other post so I decided it best to post my own thread. So, here goes.

Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing. It should not take a genius to figure out why this is the case. The alliance have a much more solid foundation and collection of both cultural and moral ideals.
The horde were barely scraping by with honor as their collective ideal, and that is being torn apart by Sylvanas. Hence the splintering of their inner factions and players getting these types of choices.

I get the urge to ask for fairness and the same kind of choices, but is that what you really want for the alliance? This horrible sundering of the faction just so you can make a choice?

If you want the same kind of agency I completely understand, however complaining favoritism because something pivotal is happening in the other faction does nothing to help your argument and just makes you look like self-intitled children.

You guys act like Blizzard doesn't write the lore.
We don't need a choice because there's not enough division to require a choice. Tyrande's frustrated with Anduin, but not directly adversarial like Saurfang and Sylvanas.

For that to happen, you'll have to give up your control over the story. Are you willing to do that?

Yeah cant wait to see your tears after you realise what getting story mean...

Cant wait to see the alliance destroying themself and having the horde telling to them how they are evil and how the alliance should be dismantle and having nothing to say against because it is true...
11/14/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Petals
If you don’t play alliance then why do you care what they do or don’t have.
I would honestly love to have choice on both sides. Or even choices based from My characters Race.

They could have done so much with the Night Elves. With Tyrande's vengeance and an insane quest chain for Night Elves only to seek vengeance and retake Darkshore from the Horde.

To show that when the Alliance Failed-- they were willing to stand alone.

Just like Argus. So many missed story opportunities.
11/14/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Lenastus

Yeah cant wait to see your tears after you realise what getting story mean...

Cant wait to see the alliance destroying themself and having the horde telling to them how they are evil and how the alliance should be dismantle and having nothing to say against because it is true...

If you'd really like to see that, join us in protesting. Demand more story for the Alliance alongside us.
I'm hopeful that after so much of the bad that happened to the Night Elves and the fact the rest of the Alliance wasn't really there to help them, they're going to return to their more savage roots, and start some real drama within the Alliance. I want to see night warrior Tyrande start down a dark path and maybe pick up Void corrupted Alleria, adn then we see a distinct set of two paths between them and say Turalyon & Anduin... and the Alliance leadership is truly split and divided. Genn will have to decide between his more feral nature that'll want to go with Tyrande, and his father figure responsibilities to Anduin.

I want the Alliance leadership on Tyrande's side start to do stuff that's really beyond the pale, make them dark, make the brutal, make them give the Alliance that dark in the moral grey they so desperately need to feel like a more interesting faction. And have the Light siders start to get really bent out of shape about it, trying to hold them back, but then we start to see more of the fanatical end of things coming from them too.

And then let the Alliance characters choose what side to really follow. That would be pretty awesome.
idk why this is a thing. alliance and horde have differing stories. and it should be that way. otherwise, why is there a faction divide at all if they were both going to have parallel stories? and in legion, alliance had an extra story quest in anduin's grief over his father's death.
11/14/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Kyveli
Alliance, when you start having actual turmoil between your inner factions like the horde does, then and only then will you get to make choices similar to the ones we are facing.
The Alliance storyline for the patch starts with Tyrande arguing that the night elves must reclaim their ancestral lands. Anduin refuses to lend aid, saying that they need to focus on Zandalar and Arathi. Tyrande refuses to accept this, storms out with Maiev and Shandris, and Genn joins her because the Gilneans owe the night elves.

Perhaps that is the split, just like their counterpart on the Horde, the Alliance would have classic faction of races that go for careful planning and diplomacy and another faction that is just as ruthless and cold as the Forsaken and -fill race here (I'm not sure which one could be so determined to stay with the Forsaken, Blood Elves maybe considering their debt to them?), made up of NE and Worgen that no longer want to wait for justice but rather make it happen at all costs.
This entire thread is why we must all back Sylvanas. The Alliance needs to crumble and die by any means necessary. It's World of Warcraft. Not World of Cuddle Buddies.

I haven't felt like I've had control for ages. It's almost always "The Horde is being lead by an obvious supervillain that no one has any reason to follow or tolerate, but do so anyway! Hey [playername], perform this blatantly stupid evil-aligned nonsense to further my own selfish ambitions that will make everyone hate us - the exact opposite of what we want - for no reason other than we need to force a conflict." This all started with Cataclysm. I don't remember this happening in Warlords, but over half the story was missing in that expansion.

I honestly don't think this "choice" Blizzard keeps touting will actually amount to anything; that would require more work and effort. No, what we're going to get is the illusion of choice - what looks like two different paths, but instead wrap around and meet again at the same end result.
The choice is dethrone anduin and the monarchy or choose Genn greymane. If you choose Genn Anduin dies. Sounds Fair?

Except you are wrong buddy, inner turmoil is not a requirement to introduce player agency. If you've ever played Guild Wars 2, then you'd know you can make various player driven choices on how to proceed, and guess what? It didn't need you to have inner conflict, just external conflict regarding an opposing force.
Your terribad writing makes you make stupid choices.

Our terribad writing makes us all sit around wringing our hands because war is sad!

The logic of this entire conflict is juvenile.

Maybe sylvanas is possessed by an elder god. Who knows? who cares?
[
Except you are wrong buddy, inner turmoil is not a requirement to introduce player agency. If you've ever played Guild Wars 2, then you'd know you can make various player driven choices on how to proceed, and guess what? It didn't need you to have inner conflict, just external conflict regarding an opposing force.
This is not guild wars 2. Blizzard have already stated in the recent Q&A at BlizzCon that these types of choices will be rare and when you choose them they will actually impact the game.
I am sure that you can make quests for alliance to choose different things, but they are not in a situation as important as choosing to between cold calculated death incarnate or the old blood an honor beliefs to lead their faction.
As far as the story goes it is not your time so stop complaining.