Millions Can’t Be Wrong... Right?!

General Discussion
I want to stay inside and play WoW all day. I can work from home for a living and order anything online. Just let me live in peace, by myself. Anyone else think this is The Dream?
I dream of millions of dollars too.
11/14/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Jelybeantoes
I dream of millions of dollars too.

Why dream of something you can never have? You’ll just be forever depressed.
Not sure playing WOW all day is the same as working from home. As an introvert, I'm glad I'm forced to go out into the world most days. Balance is important, and it's not my tendency.
As a 100% verified human person in a terran body, I also think that humans behave strangely. Ha, us human persons are so weird right?
11/14/2018 04:20 PMPosted by Prizn
I want to stay inside and play WoW all day. I can work from home for a living and order anything online. Just let me live in peace, by myself. Anyone else think this is The Dream?

It's completely possible for you to do all of that yes. But I don't think it's the dream.

It's a great recipe for social anxiety and depression though, not to mention the health issues involved with not going outside or getting any fresh air.

There are possibly a hundred statements I could add as well as evidence and clarification but I think it's sufficient to say, staying indoors forever, and excluding yourself from normal social interactions are both really bad for the physical and mental health of a person.
I figured out a while ago if I had a lot of money, I'd just buy a house in the middle of no where in a secluded area and never see another person. Not having money forces me out into the world to interact with others which is actually better although I may not like it most days. Sucks to not have money, but there are positives to it, too. Money can't buy happiness. Even if you were rich, you could still fall into depression. Enough lottery winners have learned that by falling into drug and alcohol abuse and then ending up bankrupt.
Ugh. Not me. I go crazy if I don't go outside. And I can't keep my horse in the house anyway.

(Plus, I really didn't like being all by myself all the time when my hubby was deployed.)
I was forced off the job due to illness and believe me, the novelty wears off very fast. I have a nice apartment and nice things, healthy savings and enough disposable income week to week to buy any games and electronic goodies my heart desires but you can only play so many games and watch so many 4K movies until you start wishing for your old life back.

If i could have my health and go back to my career i'd do it in a heartbeat :(
You're not really alone if you have the interwebz.
11/14/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Rechab
You're not really alone if you have the interwebz.

Yes, the RP chat.... heheEhe..
day trading and wow

that would be pretty sweet for a while
11/14/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Virus
If i could have my health and go back to my career i'd do it in a heartbeat :(

I'm so sorry to hear about this. You're in my thoughts. I hope against hope that good vibes help.
No thanks. I like outside sometimes - dinners, movies, work, shopping. I like talking to adults, not just nameless/faceless pseudo ones on this forum or game chat. Lunches with friends, etc.

Stayed home last year for a week when my hubby was on a business trip. All alone, played WoW, watched blurays, on demand TV, crafted stuff, cooked stuffs...got bored after 3 days. That's my limit.
As the guy on shark tank says. "Money doesn't fix your problems just drives you to them in a Ferrari."

Idk how people make 50k+ a year at home I need that job.
I hate people too
11/14/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Jamalia
You're in my thoughts.

Very kind of you to say, thank you ^_^
My personality type is Hobbit.

I just want to live in my Hobbit hole, read a bunch of books and pet my cats and never, never, never go on any adventures.

It's probably best for my health that I never win the Lottery or come into any money that can make that happen.

Had/still have that exact option. It's not great at all really, it's just OK. Maybe for a month?

people need variety in their lives or they get depressed and or more depressed than they already are. I go back and forth on whether its great or just kinda sad but I have options for work and i'm never out of it or money so its not a complaint so much as an observation of what just kinda happens if you do get your dream.

Here is a big thing about WoW, money and having options because you have economic stability: WoW becomes a distraction from more fulfilling things you never knew about until you acquire more financial freedom. Once you have a job that facilitates traveling or staying at home you start to discover things much more interesting to you than WoW and the dream of having that option becomes just goal you met in the past and better dreams take its place. Plus, having more money kind of lets you go out to places that cater to your tastes more and you can basically avoid a lot of the types of people and places you don't like.

One mans burden is another dream, it's all perspective.