My only complain about Classic...

Classic Discussion
...Horde doesn't have any nice looking races.
In my mind each class has best RPG based race for it. So, I like Gnomes because I feel them Mages. Night Elves - Hunters. Humans - Paladins.

On Horde side: Undead - ugly. Trolls - ugly. Orcs... uhh fine as Warriors, but I don't play warriors. Tauren - Warriors or Shaman, again don't play those.

Blood Elves! Give me Blood Elves!
Really, really no accounting for tastes.
It was maybe a big reason why blood elves were introduced. Vanilla population was approximately 3:2 Alliance favored across the whole game.

While many servers were Horde heavy, most were Alliance.
We're perfectly happy without any blood elves, thanks.
I mean... sort of? That's not really how it works, but if you don't find them aesthetically pleasing, that's part of the reason the Alliance had a larger population in vanilla and why they added blood elves in the first place.

Blood elves didn't exist in vanilla. High elves did (if I recall correctly), but they obviously weren't playable.
This is the whole point of the Horde. They are the outcasts, the noble savages, the monsters, etc. It's part of what made early WoW so unique with having unique factions with a stronger identity.
11/14/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Espur

Blood elves didn't exist in vanilla. High elves did (if I recall correctly), but they obviously weren't playable.

Sadly. High Elves are sort of like Elite Sylvanos Black Rangers - the only cool looking undead, wiht no bones sticking out. They are in game but not playable.
Would love to pick those as a race. Or High Elf ;)
11/14/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Fyedora
This is the whole point of the Horde. They are the outcasts, the noble savages, the monsters, etc. It's part of what made early WoW so unique with having unique factions with a stronger identity.

I actually liked Goblins as Horde choice - as rogues and warlocks.
11/14/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Vlasta
11/14/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Fyedora

I actually liked Goblins as Horde choice - as rogues and warlocks.

I agree, Goblin race in Horde was a perfect fit :-)
It might have been if they could have actually given them any gravitas, instead of tying them to that obnoxious faux-mobster theme, including a racial leader who had no justification for surviving the starting quests, and making freaking pygmies show up as an enemy. *grumbles*
Blood elves didn't fit with the horde at all, it was a terrible addition in all honesty. The Forsaken weren't exactly a great fit either though but at least they weren't friggin elves. Those things have no place in the horde.

If anything the Forsaken and Blood Elves belonged in their own 3rd faction. Maybe throw Naga in there too for good measure. But whatever, Forsaken fit a lot better with the Horde than Blood Elves that's the bottom line. Horde is not supposed to be pretty.
11/14/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Vlasta
In my mind each class has best RPG based race for it. So, I like Gnomes because I feel them Mages. Night Elves - Hunters. Humans - Paladins.

On Horde side: Undead - ugly. Trolls - ugly. Orcs... uhh fine as Warriors, but I don't play warriors. Tauren - Warriors or Shaman, again don't play those.

Get a load of this guy /snicker
The only people who play female belfs on wow is fat chicks that can't get f'd. They play BM hunters and get a cat pet. They xmog to look as slutty as possible. They have some cutsie name and virgins know its a girl so they are extra nice to them.
On Horde side: Undead - ugly. Trolls - ugly.

There are some female undead faces that are pretty. They look good as warlocks, mages, and rogues.

Trolls make great hunters, and shaman with the whole witch doctor thing.
11/14/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Ziegfried
Blood elves didn't fit with the horde at all, it was a terrible addition in all honesty. The Forsaken weren't exactly a great fit either though but at least they weren't friggin elves. Those things have no place in the horde.

Actually, they originally considered making the night elves a horde race and the forsaken an alliance race.

Thematically night elves DO fit better with the horde - being all about nature and ancestor worship and savage like. They have a lot more in common with them than blood elves do.

And forsaken are literally former alliance members. It's ridiculous how they had to twist their mentality to make them enemies of the Alliance.

Either way I agree blood elves don't fit with the horde at all.

@ OP : Then don't roll Horde? I don't see the problem. Besides, troll and orc females are plenty sexy.
11/14/2018 11:40 PMPosted by Tyándra
Actually, they originally considered making the night elves a horde race and the forsaken an alliance race.

IIRC UD went Horde and NE went alliance because Blizzard was worried that having them go the other way around would make region control among the Alliance and Horde too one-sided on the two continents.

I think the rationale for the BE's going to the Horde was WC3's Garithos. Doesn't make any sense since he's one bigoted general among many other figures, but eh.
11/14/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Abada
IIRC UD went Horde and NE went alliance because Blizzard was worried that having them go the other way around would make region control among the Alliance and Horde too one-sided on the two continents.

I think the rationale for the BE's going to the Horde was WC3's Garithos. Doesn't make any sense since he's one bigoted general among many other figures, but eh.

I think you have somewhat of a point, but at that time it was definitely more of a reason involving Garithos for the UD than it was for the BE. BE were shoehorned into Horde for the population issue. The reasoning was really poor - the spying was basically an insult.
As a Tauren, I'm damn sexy. Tastes may vary.
11/14/2018 11:16 PMPosted by Cybertilded
The only people who play female belfs on wow is fat chicks that can't get f'd. They play BM hunters and get a cat pet. They xmog to look as slutty as possible. They have some cutsie name and virgins know its a girl so they are extra nice to them.
Let me guess, you're one of those guys who absolutely refuses to accept that you just tried to hit on another guy right?
  • Stop sending me creepy !@# whispers
  • Stop sending creepy $%^ whispers to anyone, it's never going to work for you
  • Edit: While you're at it you might as well brush up on rules #1 and #2

i have mained belf since BC, i also played during vanilla. while i dislike people who take it too far and just spew hatred for belves, the reality is that vanilla did not have them. what the horde had going for it, was their racials. so we picked function/performance over appearance. really the only choice we had.

i plan to main a troll hunter this time around, unlike originally- which was a night elf hunter.

no. vanilla is not getting an expansion pack feature.