WoW is like nicotine.

General Discussion
Easier to quit with every patch.
:V
It's sad how much listening to the player base has changed the game I loved back in vanilla and burning crusade into a mess.
11/15/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Matcauthon
It's sad how much listening to the player base has changed the game I loved back in vanilla and burning crusade into a mess.

But I thought blizzard doesn't listen to their playerbase. Or are they not listening to the right players and listening to the wrong players?
11/15/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Sevaira
11/15/2018 12:57 AMPosted by Matcauthon

But I thought blizzard doesn't listen to their playerbase. Or are they not listening to the right players and listening to the wrong players?

That depends who you ask. See how watered down everything Is? See how homogenized classes are? You have the playerbase to thank for that.
World quests? Thank the players.
Being time gated in everything? Again thank the players.

The whole doesn't listen to us comes be cause blizzard tried to actually put rpg elements back into the game and people didn't like that.
Stuff like long term achievable rewards (paragon caches, allied races, and flying are all good examples) are heavily criticized because the modern generation doesn't want to wait for rewards.
11/15/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Matcauthon

That depends who you ask. See how watered down everything Is? See how homogenized classes are? You have the playerbase to thank for that.

The whole doesn't listen to us comes be cause blizzard tried to actually put rpg elements back into the game and people didn't like that.
Stuff like long term achievable rewards (paragon caches, allied races, and flying are all good examples) are heavily criticized because the modern generation doesn't want to wait for rewards.

But I am being told that their stocks are falling because they don't listen to their players. You can see why your statements and their statements are confusing me?

Where have you been? The forums has mostly nothing but hate for everything you listed.

Who are these 'players' and what back channel do they have to WoW devs?
11/15/2018 01:19 AMPosted by Vihoh

Where have you been? The forums has mostly nothing but hate for everything you listed.

Who are these 'players' and what back channel do they have to WoW devs?

Lots of players asked for balance over the years. As for watering down content. Look at all the people who threw a fit about Cata dungeons back in the day or how they react when you have to actually do mechanics in LFR. that is blizzards target player base.
What’s crazy. I played a dwarf hunter named burlo and a Tauren shaman named bamma on this server in vanilla. I really didn’t raid. My reps suck look em up I didn’t raid for real. I did ony and some zg.

I did some pvp on them and I can honestly say I ran the 5 mans and the 10 man ubrs dung for my beast stalkers set. Man I never got bored and love every min of it. If I could just have marks hunter from then back or cata surv hunter play style I’d be in heaven.

I still don’t raid really past lfr because I just prefer open world and small dungs. This expansion I don’t even do the dungs idk why I’m not burned out I love my characters just don’t enjoy the dungs.
When you try to replace it with something similar that looks better and know is better for you you just end up looking like a hipster?
11/15/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Flatulus
very clever op :)
11/15/2018 02:15 AMPosted by Mooñeca
11/15/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Flatulus
very clever op :)

Thank you, honourable sir.
11/10 will steal.
Nicotine patches just gave me messed up dreams.
I still have withdrawals.