Least Favorite WoW character

Story Forum
1 2 3 5 Next
As of right now, who would you say is your least favorite character in World of Warcraft? For me, it’s a tie between Vereesa and Aethas. Vereesa’s always felt flat as a character to me, and Aethas is...Aethas. I can just never find anything to like about him for some reason. I don’t really hate him, but I wouldn’t mind if he disappeared for a few years.
Baine. Not even close. He was always pretty crap but Golden in particular has made him into the one of the most pathetic characters in fiction to date. He's like if you took Quisling and Chamberlain and combined them together, and then threw in some weird furry !@#$ erotic stuff just to really spice it up.
Genn always struck me as one-note. I never had much interest in him. He just seems like another angry rabid one dimensional sack. It could be any other Alliance general. Jaina, Anduin, Shaw, others have more depth and range.

I never liked Garrosh at all. He seemed wimpy at the start and stupid at the end. I loathed him when I first met him. I was bitter when I saw he was present in Wrath, and he really turned me off to Cata and MoP.

I didnt play most of MoP. Its my "lost expac". I resubbed for the Darkspear Revolution in 5.3 / 5.4 because we would be fighting and removing Garrosh.
Probably Jaina at this point, she is honestly one of the most poorly written and unlike Baine, who can be traced back to a single author's influence, Jaina's issue have just been there.

She also seems to be blizzards preferred look at how evil the horde is narrative. That or punching the night elves teeth in. She also represents all the most terrible plot points in wow, the writers poor understanding of neutrality, the over focus on Dalaran, the OP Characters, the inconsistent characterization, the vilifying of the horde, human talent, alliance warcrimes being retconned or ignored, the fact the rest of the alliance is made stupid to make her look competent, being better friends with some horde leaders then the rest of the horde...

Yeah, i don't like jaina, but unlike anduin, who at least is partially irrational, Jaina i view as the purest form of wow's bad writing. Sylvanas, Saurfang, Baine and Anduin are up there mind you, they just don't check as many boxes as Jaina.
Sylvanas
Tyrande. She doesn't exist as a character. She's just a plot device or power level to throw around.
Nathanos
Any Horde character who cares about muh honor
Its a toss up between Baine, Malfurion and garrosh

10/06/2018 06:38 AMPosted by Tråpstar
Baine. Not even close. He was always pretty crap but Golden in particular has made him into the one of the most pathetic characters in fiction to date. He's like if you took Quisling and Chamberlain and combined them together, and then threw in some weird furry !@#$ erotic stuff just to really spice it up.

10/06/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Cursewords
I never liked Garrosh at all. He seemed wimpy at the start and stupid at the end. I loathed him when I first met him. I was bitter when I saw he was present in Wrath, and he really turned me off to Cata and MoP.

Yeah, what those guys said

But lately nathanos is pissing me even more, he was a literal who before but now not only is he wierdly ommipresent, he also is invincible
Any Horde character who fanatically kowtows to Sylvanas despite it being blatantly obvious that she's made decisions that weren't just "dishonorable," but strategically nonsensical.
Contemporary Sylvanas just frustrates me. Any and all the charm, likeability, or relatability she had before seems to be completely gone. She feels like she’s now being written purely for her core fandom that will seemingly buy anything she does, and at the same time, constantly gives the rest of the Horde fanbase a big middle-finger. Any scraps of integrity the Horde once had, are completely scattered to the wind by starting yet ANOTHER war. Still not a believeable Warchief, yet people are still going to eat it up because it’s Sylvanas. It really just bothers me how desperate for a good Horde leader we are that we’ll follow anything that remotely resembles competence. Even going so far as to throw our entire faction identity out the window.

Contemporary Thrall bothers me too. All he’s done since Cata has been to do nothing for about the majority of the expansion only to show up at the end when all goes to hell to save the day. Did it in MoP and did it in WoD, he’s literally become a walking Mcguffin at this point. I’m sure he’ll be back to pull something at the end of this expansion too since Metzen has been getting surgery done for the past few months and cousln’t be there earlier. But seriously, what happened to Thrall that he straight up just no longer cares about his Horde? Is Aggra just THAT good in bed to the point where he’d rather be porking his wife than helping out his bros(literally all of them are dead now). It’s just tragic, really. How he used to be the most beloved Faction leader on both sides, Alliance AND Horde, to a washed up meme.
characters that do nothing and never change.

so probably veressa and aethas are on my top list.
veressa character trait:Revenge and never change.
aethas character trait:incompetence and useless, a disgrace to their faction.

there are other characters who are inconsistent but at least they do something.

and poor tyrande is probably the pinnacle of inconsistent writing.
She was a great hero in wc3, where she could destroy entire waves of ghouls.

then in wow she randomly attacked belfs after she helped them.
she was outsmarted many times in combat by garrosh, and being throw under the boss to look others better, like varian or most recently, !@#$ing nathanos the biggest mary sue in wow history.

She doesn't deserve this.
Gallywix.

Seriously, they should've just let us kill the triple-chinned creep during our war campaign. We'd be doing the Horde a favor.
Sylvanas. I didn't mind her in Cata. It started when how on Broken Shore Vol'jin was still very much alive and still very much Warchief, but Sylvanas was the one running the show and having banter with Varian for some reason. And then Vol'jin was killed off by a mook after he did absolutely nothing as warchief, and made her warchief because "lol voices said so" simply to facilitate faction war.

Then it just got worse from there. My problems with her aren't her actions precisely, but how the narrative bends over backwards for everything she does and she never has to deal with any consequences.

-Odyn, the possessive and prone to anger giant gold jackass, says nothing about her working with his mortal enemy and trying to enslave his servant.
-Saurfang is the only person who had anything bad to say about Teldrassil, and he then proceeds to sit in jail instead of doing anything. No one else has made a peep about it afterward.
-Saurfang (and to a lesser extent Baine but he stepped aside after just one confrontation) was the only person who had anything bad to say about the blight+skeletons in Undercity. not even Lor'themar, who has always hated Sylvanas and threatened to kill her during SoO if she raised Horde, said a word.
-Speaking of the blight, for some reason the Alliance had no plan to counter it even though the Forsaken always use it in every battle since it was invented.
-In 8.1, Talanji and Baine learn that Vol'jin wasn't told by the loa to promote Sylvanas, but by some dark mysterious entity. Bwonsamdi and even the Lich King both say Sylv is going too far and killing too many. And yet Baine and Talanji both shrug and say "Oh well, she's warchief so let's make sure she does a good warchief job."
A very close three way race between Anduin, Illidan, and the PC. I think Illidan probably edges out the other two, though.
10/06/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Feldaran
A very close three way race between Anduin, Illidan, and the player character. I think Illidan probably edges out the other two, though.
Literally! He’s just so edgy!
Sylvanas. Constantly bemoans undeath, yet is perfectly okay subjecting more people to the supposed abyss she's damned to.
Baine, Warchief Sylvanas, Anduin, and post-angry Varian.
Also Baine, he'd let the Alliance dash a Tauren infants head against a wall with barely a grumble.
Hordeside, it's Baine. Gutless, worthless, and an utterly ****ty Tauren leader who's only "actions" seem to be toothless pseudo-threats and simpering apologies to his lover. The aftermath of the raid on Dazar'alor is a new low when he meakly begs for there to be negotiations with the Alliance. B****, Sylvanas blew up a country. They don't want to talk, they want to kill you, or at least her! They just raided a Horde city and killed the Troll King, and you want to see how much buttkissing you can do on your Boy-King master? Gag.

Allianceside, it is Anduin Wrynn. He's just so perfect, kind, and everyone is always willing to listen and believe when it comes to him! He's always right, the only people who don't agree with him are objectively villains, the Light tells him what is wrong or right based on his magic bones, and he can inexplicably recover from a crippling injury that should have left him physically frail for the rest of his life to being a warrior capable of killing a Troll in single combat. Other characters, like Jaina Proudmoore, were ruined in order to prop him up as the new "peace lover" amongst the Alliance, despite his beliefs never being personally tested. He's never made a single sacrifice for his ideals, or anything for that matter, everyone just loves and adores him because he's "right". All of the other, supposedly sovereign, nations of the Alliance bow and scrape to their liege like a bunch of serfs, and even most Horde characters love him to some degree because he's "good".