The Pros of the Azerite Armor System

General Discussion
Hello. While Reddit and the Forums are filled with the cons of the Azerite Armor System, something that might also help is posting what you actually find WORKS with the system, if you indeed do find it successful in some aspect.

For me personally, I don't have a single pro for the Azerite system, especially when considering what we had to give up in order to obtain it (our artifact weapons/traits and tier set bonuses.) I am hoping others may be able to shed some light on some things I may have overlooked or simply do not understand about the Azerite armor system.

What benefits do you think the system offers?

What do you NOT want to see changed about the system?

Thank you.
the spinny glowy thing that happens when you open it is nice
10/09/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Belba

It's so terrible that I have no interest in grinding gear, so I have a lot more time to play alts, farm t-mogs and work on unlocking profession based mounts.
There are none.
10/09/2018 08:36 PMPosted by Krider

It's so terrible that I have no interest in grinding gear, so I have a lot more time to play alts, farm t-mogs and work on unlocking profession based mounts.
Pretty much this. Stopped gathering azurite altogether tbh. Leveling the rest of my 110 alts, and going back, and doing legion stuff. Mostly doing nightfallen rep on alts also to finish unlocking the class hall sets on the characters that never did the rep grind for it. After that I guess it's break time until pathfinder 2, and the catch up mechs are implemented. Was not much of a fan of artifact power for the weapons in legion, but geez the weapons were cool. A necklace, and azurite gear is just meh imo.
Pro.

Its giving me a good reason to go though my steam library.
The Azerite system benefit is it allows you to play all specs on your class. The top 6/8 traits are all generic. In contrast, we were 100% locked into one spec in legion for over 6 months due to legendaries and separate AP for each weapon. You literally could not play the other specs. This is a huge advantage in BFA cause I play all specs on my three chars.
I think it offers nothing and wasn't asked for by anybody. The big fix for Azerite should be the complete removal of Azerite, and then promise to stop with gimmicky gear and start giving us regular loot again.
Pro: Account sellers now have to level gear to compete in the market.

No more powerleveling to 120 then funneling gear to the toons then bam - instant cash.
I can't think of a clear pro without adding in several caveats. Or there would be a pro if Blizzard allowed it to be a pro.

The closest to a pro is that it is end-game agnostic, except if you want to play Mythic+ then you are rolling on a the chance of a chance.
10/09/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Anacrussys
The Azerite system benefit is it allows you to play all specs on your class. The top 6/8 traits are all generic. In contrast, we were 100% locked into one spec in legion for over 6 months due to legendaries and separate AP for each weapon. You literally could not play the other specs. This is a huge advantage in BFA cause I play all specs on my three chars.

I would like to add that having no system at all and just plain gear would also allow you to play all specs, and it would be better than the Azerite system. I know I just quoted myself :)
I will say it has the POTENTIAL to be good. Unfortunately, that potential is being squandered and I don't think the Devs actually understand the cause of its issues and are instead only interested in Band-aid solutions to address the symptoms until they can release patch 9.0 and throw the entire system into the Junk Folder.
well, like the tier sets/bonuses that it was meant to replace, you don't have to worry about the traits not working if you respec... wait, no. that's wrong. Let me try again.

Even though a lot of abilities were pruned away and/or lost when BfA came around, the Azerite gear and Heart of Azeroth offer nifty actives that replace and outshine those skills... No, that's not right either. Hmmm... Okay, here's one.

Like the artifacts that they were meant to replace, you can get excited over some of the traits way down the line that you'll eventally get, because you can track your progress towards them since the gear is never replaced and traits never change... no, that's wrong again. man, i'm bad at this. Let me try one more time.

Like the legendaries they were meant to replace, they offer powerful, rotation (and sometimes even game)-altering perks that really change how you play your char- ...crap.
10/09/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Aigeiros

I do like watching it. Even if the piece isn't an upgrade.
I don't have any pros for it, regular gear would be better. If the Heart had been the only item and traits could be unlocked on it, that would make sense with the AP system. As it is now, all it does is make sure you never have everything unlocked, and upgrades usually aren't upgrades. No one asked for this type of progression, pretty much the complete opposite.
I think the biggest pro is it has a lot of potential if Blizzard gets their !@#$ together and fixes it. As it stands there are already a few good traits in it but there needs to be way more, and stacking really needs to go tbh (find your bis and get 3 is dumb) with some way to reforge.
Hello. While Reddit and the Forums are filled with the cons of the Azerite Armor System, something that might also help is posting what you actually find WORKS with the system, if you indeed do find it successful in some aspect.

For me personally, I don't have a single pro for the Azerite system, especially when considering what we had to give up in order to obtain it (our artifact weapons/traits and tier set bonuses.) I am hoping others may be able to shed some light on some things I may have overlooked or simply do not understand about the Azerite armor system.

What do you NOT want to see changed about the system?

Thank you.
other than the free heals perks I can't stand the azurite gear--too boring.

Zero, ziltch and nada it is worthless and lame even worse than the artifacts.
pros? whats pros?
I cant see any.
I'm trying!!! am i blind?
Idk...
10/09/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Melithiria
10/09/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Aigeiros

I do like watching it. Even if the piece isn't an upgrade.

Adding to that i just pick random traits on downgrades to see the spinny thing spin.