Getting Real Tired of the Void Elf Hate...

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
i dont know why we get void elf in the first place and needing to farm argussian reach rep bcuz playing the argus questline i have not seen any connection between the brokens and the void elves
You're a void elf now darling. So when people sneer at you on the streets you don't act like a little emo boy, you embrace the void and shade those hoes.
I love the world today, everyone gets offended by everything and you need to feel special.
10/11/2018 06:39 AMPosted by Alurna
10/11/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Astya
I still want high elves, but I also really like void elves for what they are and as their own thing. That and the glowy void blue color is one of my favorite things in this game.

Honestly, the sooner High Elves are added as an Alliance Allied Race, the better it'll be for Void Elves. They can finally be their own thing instead of living in the shadow of a non-playable race.

I'm not saying that to garner support for High Elves either.

So long as people see Void Elves as a, 'Compromise Race,' then they'll always be held up to High Elves and will never be able to measure up. Once High Elves are added people will see it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I hope Blizzard adds High elves, but the story line is they come from void elves that purified themselves of the void using an arcane artifact. And were finally able to return to the Sunwell, So they are horde, and just another eye color adjustment for Bloodelves.

That would be great.
10/10/2018 05:40 PMPosted by Amayna
The way I see it, at least we're not addicted to some shining bowl of magic liquid sun or hooked on that mana leyline crack they sell in the streets of suramar

So we got that going for us lol

Actually you are addicted to power and corruption, that’s why you are a void elf.
Enjoy it.

It is a great model with an amazing and unique theme not yet used on another race (the Light Theme has been exhausted...).

Ignore the haters and Helf delusioned fanatics.

Go hard.
All elves are just tainted trolls. They are lesser beings, crippled by addiction.
10/11/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Bigoledoinks
All elves are just tainted trolls. They are lesser beings, crippled by addiction.

Stop being such a troll in the forums--

*looks at portrait*

Forget I said anything.
10/11/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Profíen
I love the world today, everyone gets offended by everything and you need to feel special.

I am special. The voices in my head tell me so.
10/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by Nithridiak
I like who I am.

Gnomes - Literally a Joke race.

:(
I'll admit I've thrown my fair bit of shade at Void Elves but I've never called for them to be removed from the game.

Yes, I wanted High Elves. When Void Elves were announced the hope was for an Alleria-style Void Elf. Didn't happen. Then they released the models and there were asks for just less bleak customization options .. not full High Elf skin but less anemic looking skin, more hair styles WITHOUT tentacles .... didn't happen. The majority of the Void elves i see all have the same 1-2 hair styles and same 1-2 skin colors. It makes the entire race seem very bland when everyone's toons look pretty much the same.

Other than the terrible customization, the problem I have with Void Elves is their creation from nothing and their 10 min intro story (Blood Elves that get kicked out of Silvermoon and get welcomed back into the Alliance just on Alleria's say so). It was the absolute weakest of all the allied race intro stories and did nothing to present this race as anything other than what it was: Bliz's attempt to appease Alliance players who wanted a High Elf model to play and wouldn't cheese off the Horde players who would scream "but MUH MODELS!"

(Cause heaven forbid we don't appease the Horde players #bias)

Now ... I will concede that I have race changed to a Void Elf twice on my mage cause I really want to like them .... and clearly it didn't stick. Just never looked right with the limited customization. I have seen some Rogues, Warlocks, and Shadow priests that look great as Velfs.

I cringe everytime I see a Void Elf holy or disc priest (as I do when I see a Lightforged Goat shadow Priest .... but no one's playing lightforged goats anyway).

If you're enjoying them then I'm happy for you but there are valid reasons not to like them for a percentage of the player base.

Gnomes - Literally a Joke race.

:(

Sorry, but it's more or less how Gnomes have been presented in this game. They're comedy relief sidekicks. The most notable gnomes for ages has been Millhouse Manastorm.
But void elves are all those things. They were an absolute !@# pull of a race, especially because they are tied to the void, which in of itself has been a really not well received lore component.

Worse yet, blizzard has said the reason we dont get high elves is because there is to few of them left, yet they gave us void elves while only dwindled the small population as is.

Alliance SHOULD have gotten high elves, but we got void elves which were a total $%^ pull, that was all based off a single character. There was never any "Void elf" army or faction, then enterity of the faction is based off a single lore character.

Thats why you get the hate, because you should have been high elves, not void elves. We should have gotten the elves that have had a long standing in the alliance, not a hamfisted race outta no where.
Gonna need to suck it up buttercup. Blood Elves have been getting heat since release, use them tentacles to deflect and not to reflect.
Void elves are traitors because they cried and ran away from home because daddy wouldn't let them use a power that seeks to extinguish the source of their livelihood (the sunwell) the void assault on the sunwell with alleria just being close to it demonstrates why they were kicked out of quel'thals, for very good reason.
10/11/2018 08:42 AMPosted by Totalycereal
Void elves are traitors because they cried and ran away from home because daddy wouldn't let them use a power that seeks to extinguish the source of their livelihood (the sunwell) the void assault on the sunwell with alleria just being close to it demonstrates why they were kicked out of quel'thals, for very good reason.

Man, if only the blood elves in general didn't consort with a force that wanted to exterminate all life in order to sustain themselves with power before the Sunwell was turned on again....
I'm actually investing in Void Elf hate and leveling a Void Elf rogue specifically for Warmode cause you know ganking people in warmode as a Void Elf is REALLY gonna agitate the Horde. Maybe even more so than pink haired gnome rogues do
10/11/2018 07:17 AMPosted by Vahallae
10/11/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Bigoledoinks

Stop being such a troll in the forums--

*looks at portrait*

Forget I said anything.

According to lore I'm correct.
But they were a buttpull race, they didnt even exist until their recruitment in 7.3.5
My Rogue VE looks amazing on his heritage armor. Love it.