Guy's playing as female characters?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 14 Next
Who cares? Play what you enjoy playing, don't put irl problems into someone creating a female character.
10/14/2018 05:19 PMPosted by Porwasil
Why do so many guys play as female characters? I mean it's 2018 you can identify with or represent yourself as whatever, but it seems strange. I feel like a disproportionate amount of men choose to play female characters in this game as compared to real life men who would consider identifying or changing their body to be female? Is it mostly about identifying a different gender?, or something else?

You're actually the strange one.

Its 2018. Who cares what gender, race, class, faction people choose in WoW.
Its a game.
Why do so many guys play as female characters? I mean it's 2018 you can identify with or represent yourself as whatever, but it seems strange. I feel like a disproportionate amount of men choose to play female characters in this game as compared to real life men who would consider identifying or changing their body to be female? Is it mostly about identifying a different gender?, or something else?

Night Elf males are aesthetically ugly. It really does just come down to what I want to look at. Night elf women are better than night elf men, dwarf men are better than dwarf women, orc men are better than orc women, troll men are better than troll women, draenei women are better than draenei men and so on.
Isn't the much more important question, why do all you humans play as gnomes/elves/orcs/sentient future hamburgers/ etc?
It's quite simple.

I don't like most male character models in this game. The only ones that feel like they fit (to me) are Orc, Dwarf and Tauren. I won't play Tauren as it's too big (I prefer smaller character models so as not to take up the whole bloody screen). I don't play Dwarf because (like gnomes), you can't see anything of their armor.

So I like to play Blood Elves, Void Elves & humans (females. Can't stand the males for any of those). They're about the right size and they work great with their armor. Plus femHumans have gihugic weapon models, which looks awesome with some weapons.

I do play a few male characters, most notably a male Orc Warrior that I RP with. Named Herp'dar Dumbaxe. RP'd as the village idiot. XD
Herp'dar Dumbaxe not know why face hidden.

Is Herp'dar Dumbaxe face too hideous for snooty elfses?

They're all eggs just waiting to crack open and reveal the chick inside.
I have no preference i have both male and female characters maxed.

Orc male and Orc female

Gnome male and Draenei females.

Blood elf males and Goblin females.

I dont play as exclusively one gender or race.
10/14/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Minicillin
Isn't the much more important question, why do all you humans play as gnomes/elves/orcs/sentient future hamburgers/ etc?

I am actually a sentient hamburger.

I use my lettuce to click rend.
*Reads title*

*Raises hand*

My wife has a dude toon, too.
10/14/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Korojin
10/14/2018 09:22 PMPosted by Minicillin

I am actually a sentient hamburger.

I use my lettuce to click rend.

nice to meat you
Because the name Teal'c was unavailable.
you’re playing a video game as a Tauren. basically pretending to be a cow ... lol
Eh, its pretty simple and I've said it before. I just love female heros/adventurers and have since the early 90s. So playing as a female hero is extra enjoyable to me.

Think of it like watching The Neverending Story: I'm just there alongside my characters helping/guiding them on their adventures

I also generally just love how female characters look in various armor in all of the RPGs/MMOs/etc I've played over the years.
Darling, many of us are not even playing human!! Oh the Horror
Its just a preference for me. I will never play a male BE or NE, they look bad. On the other hand, I prefer to play only male Orc or Tauren. Some races I play both, like Humans.
I don't identify myself with any character on the screen. I think more like as watching a story evolve with whatever avatar I choose as the central character

I especially do this with open world games like new vegas or skyrim and try to see all sorts of different scenarios like in Dragon Age or Mass Effect.

As for this particular, I get a good laugh every time this silly panda does anything but also playing on the highest graphic settings you can tell the female Pandaran got a lot of love in it's creation, one of the best avatars in the game visually.

And my female Demon Hunter and Void Elf Lock are pretty smokin hot.
I tried making a female Night Elf Warrior so I could maybe feel like I was playing close to a Warden type of character but that didn't work out very well.