No LGBT+ Representation In WoW

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Please report this thread and any other LGBT/Minority representation in WoW; this is not the place or time to discuss these things and just make both sides sour. WoW is fine the way it is and it's purity.
10/17/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Parallaxa
I still have yet to see LGBT+ representation in this game.

No characters to represent this part of the world community is a travesty. More and more games are starting to allow this kind of representation, but Blizzard has not.

As a game that seems to be increasing in tolerance, why not do this? I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I really think you should listen to your customers.

We want several things done with the game and I think this is one of those things. As you will see in the remainder of the thread, plenty of people will share my ideals and support me.

Thank you for reading!

I agree. We need more of your trashcan politics in my game.
10/17/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Geofferson
10/17/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Killersai
liberalism is a disease. how do you treat a disease? you attack it until it's destroyed before it destroys us.

Just an FYI, being gay doesn't make you a Liberal.

There are a ton of Gay Conservatives. Every few months there's a news story about some Republican senator being caught with a Male Prostitute or with a Male Lover.

There's a whole Gay wing of the Republican Party, the Log Cabin Republicans, that's been around for 40 years.
http://www.logcabin.org
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_Cabin_Republicans
i never said it does. there's no gay conservatives pushing their agendas into video games though. none whatsoever. i'm not anti gay, i'm anti leftist agenda that serves no purpose but to desecrate a medium with identity politics.
10/17/2018 02:28 PMPosted by Meenah
Please report this thread and any other LGBT/Minority representation in WoW; this is not the place or time to discuss these things and just make both sides sour. WoW is fine the way it is and it's purity.

Well.... no, WoW is not "fine the way it is" but that's a completely separate discussion ಠ‿ಠ)

Azerite, anyone?
10/17/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Abattøir
10/17/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Killersai
...am i wrong? sorry that facts don't care about your mental diseases

A. I don't care if there is or isn't LGBTQ representation
B. You're entitled to your opinion.
C. They're entitled to request representation
D. Your presentation of your opinion casts you a person that is deeply unpleasant to spend time with, if this reflects how you treat people IRL, you should probably do some soul searching and attempt to be nicer to your friends, family and random strangers for both you and them

Man...
I wished Condescension was a paladin trait.
10/17/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Eyrinjia

No characters to represent this part of the world community is a travesty. More and more games are starting to allow this kind of representation, but Blizzard has not.

As a game that seems to be increasing in tolerance, why not do this? I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I really think you should listen to your customers.

We want several things done with the game and I think this is one of those things. As you will see in the remainder of the thread, plenty of people will share my ideals and support me.

Thank you for reading!

If you really think there's no LGBTQ representation in WoW, then you haven't been paying attention. There are several examples -- for instance, there's a same-sex couple in Arathi Highlands (pre-Warfront edition).
Plus if you think about it during the Firelands campaign/dailies area,that tauren and nightelf seemed to carry off vibes of a relationship that was more than platonic when fighting side by side refusing to leave the other. Their names escape me and in Legion I do believe there was one nightelf woman concerned for the well being of her partner.
Honestly, who cares if a character isn't obviously homosexual, bi, or otherwise?
Even in the real world people are just people, skin tone, sexuality, etc. does not make up a person and it won't make up a character.
10/17/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Kushner
...like i said, NPCs need a dialogue update. they have nothing else to say.

Yeah, but it is cute and amusing at times. It's like having a parrot that watches MSNBC 24 hours. Just repeats the inane stuff they hear.
it was cute at first. it's just stale now.
10/17/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kirela
So just curious here. In a fantasy world that doesn't exist what other parts of the world community ARE currently represented, OP?

Interracial marriage? Biracial kids? Heterosexuality?

It's almost like you didn't even think about your own question, in your hurry to shut the OP down. That says a lot about you.
It was a mistake posting this on the forums.

I was expecting people to be more accepting or at least not express their homophobic views so aggressively.

Sorry, friends.
10/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Tymberlea
10/17/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Kirela
So just curious here. In a fantasy world that doesn't exist what other parts of the world community ARE currently represented, OP?

Interracial marriage? Biracial kids? Heterosexuality?

It's almost like you didn't even think about your own question, in your hurry to shut the OP down. That says a lot about you.

And all those things are small parts of the game. Very small parts.

Thank you for reading!

What about Saurfang, pretty sure he has a vegana.
10/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Parallaxa

I was expecting people to be more accepting or at least not express their homophobic views so aggressively.

Sorry, friends.

these forums go on a circle jerk on how much latin people suck every other day.
Overwatch and tumblr are that way.
————->
Considering the comedy Blizzard adds to everything it probably wouldn't end well (go look at male Blood Elf jokes). That being said romance is barely a focus outside of characters that have had relationships since way back in the day, most of them before WoW. The game and characters just doesn't focus on it, and that's okay.
Try going to Proudmore server if you want a big LGBT community that has the representation you seek, OP.

Hope this helps!
10/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Parallaxa

Sorry, friends.

You're fine. Sorry about all the negative feedback. I've actually been dying to tell someone about the troll family I found!

I'm sure there are more things like that you just have to look for them.