RETRIBUTION Paladin needs fixing

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
I think, one major problem is, that rets aren't perceived as "bad" by many in the community (perhaps due to our representation, ret seems to be a popular spec) and as soon as ret gets somewhat good at anything, other classes cry for the nerfbat...which usually hits shortly after.

Perhaps we still have this stigma of being a levelling spec for paladins and as soon as we hit level cap we are meant to switch holy or prot.
10/30/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Jovey
You are in the same boat as shadow. We had a blue post but it didnt really change anything they actually did a hidden aura nerf by 3% across all spells so its looking like an actual loss over all. Survivability things are pretty nice though minus the fact that it competes with our only movement spell in the game which happens to be a talent.

Shadow is receiving huge changes in 8.1. We can't even get communication.

Again those "huge" changes you are talking about turned out to be an actual net nerf not gain. No one will use the new talent because you have to give up mobility and the problems with shadow haven't remotely been fixed yet. This isn't just my perception of it, even blizzard agrees, as indicated by what Ion said at blizzcon.
You fall under the Spriest, Feral, Enhance, Ele, Demo perception that the community as a whole has put upon you. It took us priests about 1500 posts before we got a response. Ion himself said you can and should blame blizzard for not making your classes good enough that the community would want to play with you. With the MDI you can be certain some changes are sure to come when every single team had literally the same cookie cutter setup because they all perform well at all tasks. So much for niches right?
Also if you want to be noticed you need to get everyone that is playing paladin to post and open up discussion. Pally was one of the first classes I played in wow so I have many personal feelings about the class and the 3 specs. I would love to see ret return to its former glory. I still have no idea how no brainer things like the throwing a divine storm didn't stay in. That alone surely would make you insane for M+.
This was one of my first wow characters ever still has the old gear.
11/04/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Lunchtables
Also if you want to be noticed you need to get everyone that is playing paladin to post and open up discussion. Pally was one of the first classes I played in wow so I have many personal feelings about the class and the 3 specs. I would love to see ret return to its former glory. I still have no idea how no brainer things like the throwing a divine storm didn't stay in. That alone surely would make you insane for M+.

The main issue, is that i feel like the ret community is just tired. To be honest, im just tired, i was here posting like a madman on legion for them not to destroy crusade, i was here giving feedback of how the class should be improved, i was here on the 800+ answers thread about our dead talents and what could be done to give the spec other options besides only crusade, i was here, and i was here on other xpacs too, but i'm tired.

I'm tired and guess the rest of the community its the same, this is a xpac that i come here, and see a bunch of ret threads scattered around, some with just rants, some with a somewhat good feedback, also there is an awesome thread on the paladin forums, and a really good one on reddit, but it's always the same, we have issues, and we get the silent treatment, we get no feedback, a class that is just failing in everything on the game, full of issues, completely out of niche, and we get absolutely no feedback whatsoever, and no hope for changes, its like this every single time.

ret is awesome to make people cry tho, cause every single time, a noob gets owned by a ret on world pvp that is simply, just the one thing that i can say that we are pretty damn strong (meaningless tho), they cry for nerfs, and probably a dev see thats and goes like: ah they are fine, we have other priorities (like bloating the azerite talents even moar, yeah, fixing the balance issues by adding more talents feels like a reaaaaally good solution).

all in all, this is tiresome, after playing this spec for like 10 years, it gets tiresome to ask every single xpac for our issues to be fixed, feels like we just want to be overpowered, and i wish this was the issue, but its not, this is never the issue, we want to be competitive, and have fun while playing a class that we love, is that so wrong Blizzard?
4 weeks to go an still no changes to our rotation...bad, really bad.
By this time I really don't give a *%&$ about our AoE or anything. Just give me a rotation without constant thumb twiddling because of every ability being on cooldown.
Ya all need to learn to play.
My RET blasts through everything I encounter in PVE,
and has no trouble whatsoever. It's a total faceroll.
11/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Rizzaki

Lies
Keep hammering blizz with our problems and potential fixes, do not relent peeps keep hitting them hard maybe we will finally get a response
I've waited for the longest time to see some changes...nothing happened. It's now 4 weeks til 8.1 release and there won't be any substantial changes to ret. That is just not acceptable or, in my case, bearable. Some new flashy animations alone won't do it for me.
Sub cancelled.
11/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Rizzaki

Post with him so we can see raider.io and logs to see if you really blast through everything or you're just blasting through lies.
I hope it
https://i.imgur.com/zHXa6iG.png
explains why ret dmg buff should be considered.