Oh boy, the Night Warrior sure is awesome!

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
10/23/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Jerolan
10/23/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Saiphas
This isn't a writer issue, this is a warfront gameplay issue. Which is still dumb but blame needs to be placed on the right dev team for this one imo.
They could have simply had them reclaim the camp, the petrified bodies just standing there the entire time. At what point do we stop assuming stupidity over malice? Hanlon didn't cover that part.

In all types of bureaucracies (which blizzard is), the capacity for stupidity is limitless.
10/23/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Saiphas
This isn't a writer issue, this is a warfront gameplay issue.

10/23/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Garrondorf
This very much is a story issue.
Guys, guys...

It's both.

Also, gonna miss you when you're gone, Jerolan.
10/23/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Lyricalla
ANDUIN IS USELESS!
JAINA IS USELESS!
GENN IS USELESS!
TYRANDE IS USELESS!

MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!

When can I ascend to raid boss status so I can ignore the questlines and just kill people at my own whimsy until the rest of you come to kill me? I could wrap most of this expansion up easily.

https://youtu.be/AEMSUlSaels
10/23/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Ilsevele
Using "Horde bias" doesn't work against bad writing. And this is just straight up bad writing.

Who is benefiting here?

Or more specifically, who is walking away unscathed, gloating all the while, shutting down the 'avatar of Elune's wrath', while simultaneously pulling a deus ex machina to do something they shouldn't have the power to do at all as per previously established lore (*cough* undead night elves *cough*)?

It isn't the Alliance.

Come on, these devs are a hooting Horde fraternity/bad fan fiction writers.

These guys are incapable of letting their favored side take a meaningful loss. Every 'defeat' must also bring an advantage.
10/23/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Ilsevele
Using "Horde bias" doesn't work against bad writing. And this is just straight up bad writing

It's bad writing specifically because the writers can't let the Night elves have even this over the Horde. The Horde has to be victorious even in defeat.
You know what this is?

It's Dudley Do-Right.

Alliance is the dumb, incompetent good guy.

Horde is the mustache-twirling bad guy.
10/23/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Arlifrex
10/23/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Lyricalla
ANDUIN IS USELESS!
JAINA IS USELESS!
GENN IS USELESS!
TYRANDE IS USELESS!

MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF?!

When can I ascend to raid boss status so I can ignore the questlines and just kill people at my own whimsy until the rest of you come to kill me? I could wrap most of this expansion up easily.

https://youtu.be/AEMSUlSaels

Name: Lyrica
Stand: Bestial Void (I suck at names)
Description: She has the power to strike others by assaulting their shadow. Isn't effective when the shadow is hidden behind other shadows. Really sucks at night.

I've never actually watched Jo-Jo's, so this is probably all sorts of wrong. Now I am sad.
that imgur link didnt work for me; what are we mad about?
I'd hardly say there's Horde bias considering the Horde is getting a !@#$ story this expansion too, just a different variety of %^-*.

However, I do genuinely think there is a Forsaken bias in the writing team. The Forsaken specifically, not the Horde at large but the Forsaken specifically, never ever lose.
10/23/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Verlius

Horde quest confirms you save the petrified folk.

Part of the Horde side of the warfront in Darkshore's text has changed to say

04: Free the Ensnared - Name changed from "04: Necessity Frees Invention" to "04: Free the Ensnared". Free the apothecary. Save Master Apothecary Faranell and Deathstalker Commander Belmont from the Druids of the Branch.
Tyrande spares the Forsaken running a death camp after petrifying them, including Faranell and Belmont. Then the Horde just free them in the warfront.
I'm sorry but the only response I can muster up for this whole thing is:

LOL

The characters that Tyrande petrifies to be "left to rot" are actually freed with no consequence whatsoever.

I'd hardly say there's Horde bias considering the Horde is getting a !@#$ story this expansion too, just a different variety of %^-*.

I do genuinely think there is a Forsaken bias in the writing team.

A Forsaken Bias is a Horde bias in this circumstance because the Scou- I mean Forsaken - are the face of the Horde. That is at least until Vol-I mean-Saurfang returns to start a rebellion.

The Horde getting a !@#$ty story is the byproduct of Blizzard thinking this is a good story, whereas I think they have genuine malice for Night elves and their fans.
I'll just be over here trying to imagine which dev threw the on the floor tantrum when they were told the night elves get to win one thing until they got their way. It was fun y'all, but that's the last of this I can handle. I'll be back when the night elves actually succeed at something.
10/23/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Skalla
I'm sorry but the only response I can muster up for this whole thing is:

LOL
S'okay, there comes a nebulous level of sh!tty writing, that at some point you just have to sit back and laugh at how horrible it becomes. It's like watching one of those purposefully crappy made-for-TV horror films on Syfy.
10/23/2018 06:10 PMPosted by Jerolan
I'll just be over here trying to imagine which dev threw the on the floor tantrum when they were told the night elves get to win one thing until they got their way. It was fun y'all, but that's the last of this I can handle. I'll be back when the night elves actually succeed at something.
... this might be goodbye forever then.
I mean to be frank, I am overjoyed that both Faranell and Belmont live.

I'm just sorry you have to look like idiots in the process.
Most of the events that are being referred to as "forsaken bias" are events that set up the forsaken as being more similar to the Scourge and villainous. If there is a bias at work here, i think it is towards the Scourge, and not the forsaken. The themes that initially made up the forsaken are being lost in the wind.
10/23/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Vildaryon

The Horde getting a !@#$ty story is the byproduct of Blizzard thinking this is a good story, whereas I think they have genuine malice for Night elves and their fans.
I'd also like to add that I just literally finished doing part of the War Campaign for Alliance where I help Shandris Feathermoon kill a forsaken Night Elf who she fought beside 2-3 thousand years ago and then watch 3 more Night Elves get systemmatically killed by the vampire elves the Horde seems to be employing.

Vampire elves that are not mentioned AT ALL Hordeside. Like where the hell did they come from.

But my point is if you didn't get enough Night Elf slaughter, Blizzard is looking to try and out do themselves this time around lmao
Okay. So, rationally, I understand that the Horde has a deficit of developed characters and killing off C-list characters is one of the marks of poorly done "OMG the stakes are so high roight naow!" writing.

BUT COME THE !@#$ ON!