Azerite purchase values on today's build...

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
This seems a bit much. If the 1250 pieces are targeted at 3 weeks, and the specific pieces take 2.6 times that value. You're looking at 2 months per targetted piece. That feels pretty extreme.

Like tiers last 6 months, we get 3 pieces a tier? IDK man, I don't think there is any reason to be so stingy with THE ONLY system that lets us modify our character this expansion. There are no talents, no glyphs, no abilities, no tier. Only Azerite.

I was thinking more like 4-5 weeks per targeted piece, I don't mind a bit of a grind but a month feels like long enough for a single piece of gear. Not two months.
agreed, i understand Blizzard is afraid of people gearing up too fast for the content but the value/time to get a specific gear is way too extreme, make it 1,5-2 weeks for random and 2,5-3 weeks for a specific gear.
1250 @ 3 weeks doesn’t sound like much of the special dust is going to be dropping per chests and scrapped gear...

Has anyone scrapped something in the 355-370 range to see how much currency is given?
10/23/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Varrow
This seems a bit much. If the 1250 pieces are targeted at 3 weeks, and the specific pieces take 2.6 times that value. You're looking at 2 months per targetted piece. That feels pretty extreme.

Like tiers last 6 months, we get 3 pieces a tier? IDK man, I don't think there is any reason to be so stingy with THE ONLY system that lets us modify our character this expansion. There are no talents, no glyphs, no abilities, no tier. Only Azerite.

I was thinking more like 4-5 weeks per targeted piece, I don't mind a bit of a grind but a month feels like long enough for a single piece of gear. Not two months.

I agree, but I honestly didn't expect Blizzard to make this anything less then painful.

I'm not looking for a bag of loot just for logging in, but another over the top grind is the kind of trash fix that hurts as much as it helps.
10/24/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Zerksis
10/23/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Varrow

I agree, but I honestly didn't expect Blizzard to make this anything less then painful.

I'm not looking for a bag of loot just for logging in, but another over the top grind is the kind of trash fix that hurts as much as it helps.

This is actually in practice overall less loot. People just haven't caught on....

You have to scrap more, and grind longer, to get less pieces overall.

Your ability to offspec or even play around with builds within your main spec is severely limited.

And whatever you do farm, by the time you're even getting close to done, the next patch will be around obsoleting it... They don't even stick around and aren't upgradable like legendaries were... You just scrap them for a fraction of what the next upgrade is going to be worth.
Agree - this seems to be a LOT of time.

Especially if you're constantly being asked to tank/heal to help out the guild in raids or M+'s as on off-role/spec.
10/25/2018 07:46 AMPosted by Thòrhammer
Agree - this seems to be a LOT of time.

Especially if you're constantly being asked to tank/heal to help out the guild in raids or M+'s as on off-role/spec.

It seems to be their intention that your gameplay loop looks like this:

Get 385 piece for each slot. To fill gaps in the build you want (Raiders will have more complete sets).

Use 370 pieces from Emmisaries for offspecs and to swap your gameplay up. Target the 385 pieces you like based off the 370s you enjoy.

Personally I'm not a fan of this, because honestly its not the optimal way to progress. Everyone is just going to scrap any 370s they get to get a little closer to the piece they want unless the reward for scrapping them is pitiful. At which point why let us scrap them for the currency in the first place...
They big issues before vendors was agency and accessibility. The accessibility was the bigger of the two issues because of their stated expectation that they don't want reforging happening and also having multiple sets for different specs/content.

The other concern I have is that with the NEW traits coming in, that they'll need all of 8.1 to tune those based on track record so far this xpac. What happens when you save for 6 weeks+ for a specific piece only for it to be dirt nerfed right after? This is going to happen for sure and that won't feel good.

There is no reason why you should have 3 slots be the lowest ilvl slots on your toon when they're supposed to be the main itemization and character progression system. We're basically looking at how legion would have been if there were no legendaries, no sets, and your artifact weapons dropped but less than legendaries.

They removed one layer of RNG but added no increase in accessibility. That's the issue.
Blizzard does like to keep things on the more restrictive side so they can ease up on it rather than having something be too easy and have to restrict it.

That said, Azerite is THE form of character customization for the entire expansion. It shouldn't be overly restrictive to get the armor and if the currency ends up being too stingy it will hurt more than help.
This is how they always are then make a change that looks great on paper but when you see it in game you realize it is actually garbage and changes nothing.
Had a feeling it would be like this, honestly. Then saw the costs.

Imagine finally getting that piece you want and then seeing the trait get nerfed to oblivion a week later.

Still wondering why major glyphs didn't return to the game yet instead of systems like this.
I completely agree. The system isn’t beyond redeemable though.

The cost of a specific piece needs to be reduced significantly, maybe 2-2.5k Dust.

The chest reward should scale past 10 for Dust, scrapping Azerite gear should not be a thing and you should get a small amount of Dust for completion of a M+.

Then the reward is where it seems to be intended: squarely on rewarding M+ players while greatly rewarding those doing high end M+.

I don’t think anyone is excited as the prospect of running every single M0 and every variant of Uldir and Dazaralor just to get their specific pieces 1 or so weeks earlier.
Just scrapped a 325 and a 355 that I got on the PTR doing the assault quests (new content) and got nothing from them. Not sure if this is intended or not but if its RNG whether you even get ANY of the azerite impurity from scrapping then this patch is DOA. Given the costs of pieces a 355 scrap should net you like 65 Impurity at least. Since that is all i'm able to scrap for the moment I will have to farm some more and see what I can get my hands on to scrap. I am no longer optimistic about these vendors, especially considering the phrasing I saw implied that we could get it by doing M+ dungeons but the tooltip on the PTR reads

"Azerite Impurity: Unpowered remnants of Azerite armor, obtained from Mythic Keystone weekly chests and by scrapping or disenchanting Azerite armor."

So based on that the ONLY sources of this will be your weekly M+ chest and scrapping, and if my scrapping test is any indication prepare for Expolsum on steroids.

Edit: got another world quest piece and scrapped it and bought 20 COA Azerite Helms and scrapped them. Nothing from any of that. Its possible that this is restricted to only scrap out of stuff from the new content, if this is the case things are seriously screwed up.
Not only is it going to take a long time, those who play multiple builds will be punished extra hard. What if you're spec gets nerfed? What if it starts underperforming for that patch? Outlaw did in legion, it started off great but was barely used by the time people were clearing tomb of sargeras. What will we do then? Switch to a different spec? Good luck farming all the new azerite pieces you'll need after realising you're in a dead spec.

Not to mention, nobody in their right mind will be relying on RNG and buying the random pieces, people will be looking up what sims the highest and buying the best pieces for their spec. Enjoy the 15 week grind! I sure hope blizzard doesn't nerf you halfway through!
10/25/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Xoja
Had a feeling it would be like this, honestly. Then saw the costs.

Imagine finally getting that piece you want and then seeing the trait get nerfed to oblivion a week later.

Still wondering why major glyphs didn't return to the game yet instead of systems like this.

to me...the system that wa sin place during wotlk was the best. badges to buy gear that didnt drop for you yet. gem slots on gear with meta gems. enchants for more slots. minor and major glyphs. plus the "pvp boss" that dropped gear and could drop tier gear. unsurprisingly this was the pinnacle of wow subs and the game itself. granted the exansion story and antagonist were also the best it has had
10/24/2018 11:56 PMPosted by Shinrael
This is actually in practice overall less loot. People just haven't caught on....

Not true at all.

I have done +10s on 2 different characters the last 4 weeks, and got 1 piece of Azerite gear out of the weekly cache total.

With the new system, I would have at least 2, and getting closed to a 3rd and 4th.
So Blizzard have no idea what they're doing?

I see.

No more to see here then.

Move along.
I just want to be clear I think this is a very good idea, we absolutely need this vendor. I'm still not sold on the pacing though (unless my numbers are incorrect)
I haven't formed an opinion on this yet, but honestly, I'm just relieved an option is even available at this point...
This kind of seems like a non-issue for raiders. The Azerite armor from raid having 2 trait rings makes it wayyyy easier to get the trait you want. The raid is both longer (+1) and drops more azerite armor per boss then the previous.

TLDR: traits from raid ez.