OCE still lagging

Arenas
OCE players especially those on frostmourne are suffering from huge unplayable lag spikes begging to end of certain arenas.

Not sure wht it is but it needs a fix asap....
thought vpn would fix it but doesnt.

Observed latency rising 100~ ms each time, then it goes to 400 to 800, and the game just spikes 5 seconds forward and backward for the whole match. again, only in arenas.
thats what happens when you are connecting to servers over 8000 miles away bud
10/23/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Sbgoaty

you're retarded

try turning wm off, could be a coincidence but it worked for a mate and i, no idea why it would in arena but w/e
10/23/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Nyz
10/23/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Sbgoaty

you're retarded

try turning wm off, could be a coincidence but it worked for a mate and i, no idea why it would in arena but w/e

100 miles of signal travel can equal up to 1ms of latency btw, clearly you know nothing about networking

If you have some arenas with lower latency then the arena is hosted on a local server meaning either you are playing vs other OCE players or the players on the other end are getting shafted by high ping.
10/23/2018 10:05 PMPosted by Sbgoaty
you're retarded

100 miles of signal travel can equal up to 1ms of latency btw, clearly you know nothing about networking

If you have some arenas with lower latency then the arena is hosted on a local server meaning either you are playing vs other OCE players or the players on the other end are getting shafted by high ping.

I’m with the other guy, you are retarded.
10/23/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Jxxey

hey look another clueless OCE player

we have played for years with 200-300 ms connecting to american servers for instances, including since we got oce servers.

only now (last week or 2) the lag when connected to an american server is unbearable. feels like 2000ms even tho blizz status thing says 200ms.

my team has had to stop queing and we have barely logged on this last week. would not renew sub if i weren't a fool and already paid for 6 months to get the mount. not sure about my 2 mates tho
10/23/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Sbgoaty
10/23/2018 10:14 PMPosted by Jxxey

Nobody is talking about standard OCE lag that we’ve dealt with for years.
We’re referring to unusually high spikes only in certain instances / phases over the last week.

‘Oh look, another clueless ‘merican’

they're not talking about the normal 200ms ya dkhead

mudfish apparently helps too
you're retarded

when you try to act smart without understanding the fault

yikes
10/23/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Jxxey

We’re referring to unusually high spikes only in certain instances / phases over the last week.

10/23/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Nyz

10/23/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Cynalessa

yikes

Latency spikes are amplified over higher average latency, yeah it might be a problem on Blizzard's end but the main culprit is the distance. Whether you use a vpn or not your packets are still travelling the same distance.
Something is definitely up with Aussie servers. I queued into an Aussie hosted BG and like 70% of the players were unable to leave spawn/function.
I couldnt queue arena or island exp, stucking during the loading page.
I dont think I had this problem before.
10/23/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Nyz

hes got 2000ms brain lag
<span class="truncated">...</span>

yikes

Latency spikes are amplified over higher average latency, yeah it might be a problem on Blizzard's end but the main culprit is the distance. Whether you use a vpn or not your packets are still travelling the same distance.

Right, but the connection we get in game to US realms is a stable, slower speed.

It doesn't rubber band and DC in general, at least not since the mid-late 2000s.

I'll re-read some of the posts but I would be interested to know if people had experienced this on US realms in open world, because I've had no issues when I'm moved to US realms in world zones. I think this is only within instances, which would not be purely a distance issue.

Also remember it's only impacting the connection between OCE and US so it wouldn't be like a spike everyone is feeling, but that we're feeling harder. Unless of course, you are also experiencing connection issues to other US realms within arena?

Edit: removed a bit I derped, sorry not sober
todays problem is different, stuck on arena loading page a few times. had to restart the client.
-45 rating fix server brizzard
stuck in loading screen for 3 disconnections yay

I think activision gave our server capacity to black ops....