Raids available at start of 8.1?

Tides of Vengeance PTR General Discussion
This is has probably been asked already, but has anyone confirmed that one of the new raids will be available at the launch of 8.1?
There is never a raid release right at the launch of a new major patch. Usually it's the next 1-2 weeks after especially for people to adjust to the new class changes. Small changes can have a huge impact and Blizz would rather see how it plays out in the world before opening a raid to everyone so they can adjust the raid or spells accordingly if things aren't matching up the way they anticipated.
If it's similar to Legion, I'd say it will be a few months after 8.1 hits, probably in January.
The current tier is the smallest first tier of an expansion ever. 1 raid with 8 bosses? Lol
I don’t think they have officially said yet but I highly doubt it will be out at the same time. I would guess a month at the least.
10/27/2018 09:37 AMPosted by Misuzu
The current tier is the smallest first tier of an expansion ever. 1 raid with 8 bosses? Lol

That's actually not true, the Highmaul intro raid had 7 bosses in Warlords.

10/26/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Nixis
but has anyone confirmed that one of the new raids will be available at the launch of 8.1

No, neither will be.

Right now there are still a fair number of issues and gaps in class design for 8.1, so I honestly don't expect it to drop anytime soon. In fact, the earliest would be late November or early December. Personally, I'd rather they delay 8.1 and make sure to get things right to avoid the continued bleeding of subs, but that's just my take on the situation.

Either way, the unlock schedule for Battle of Dazar'alor will depend heavily on when the patch ships. The first raid tier still probably has at least another 3-4 months of relevance before the next raid tier opens.

Battle of Dazar'alor most likely opens late January to mid-February.
Crucible of Storms most likely opens late May to June as a carry over.
10/28/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Naros

10/26/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Nixis
but has anyone confirmed that one of the new raids will be available at the launch of 8.1

No, neither will be.

Right now there are still a fair number of issues and gaps in class design for 8.1, so I honestly don't expect it to drop anytime soon. In fact, the earliest would be late November or early December. Personally, I'd rather they delay 8.1 and make sure to get things right to avoid the continued bleeding of subs, but that's just my take on the situation.

Either way, the unlock schedule for Battle of Dazar'alor will depend heavily on when the patch ships. The first raid tier still probably has at least another 3-4 months of relevance before the next raid tier opens.

Delaying them that much will CAUSE MORE subs to bleed out
10/28/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Slyru
10/28/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Naros

No, neither will be.

Rushing it and having it be as bad as 8.0 is would be even worse.

Legion first raid Emerald Nightmare had only 6 bosses and we didn’t get Nighthold until 4.5 months after launch.
10/28/2018 01:52 AMPosted by Slyru

Not only that, remember that Zandalari and Kul'Tirans come AFTER those two raids. If we're not playing those two races by Christmas, you can expect WoW to be pretty much a dead game. No one will trust Blizzard again, and I'll be one of them. It's obvious their just trying to milk subs at this point.