Vampiric Embrace changed to a raid buff

Priest
5% or 10% global leech for all raid members, with maybe an active component as well. What do you guys think? Nice, but not all that strong of a raid buff.

And yes Shadow needs more, but this is so 'easy' and 'minimal' that it'd probably get in.
I would love to have that buff. Much more unique than the jank that is current Vampiric Aura.
I dislike vampiric embrace as a CD, but practically in 5-mans and 2s it is far better than a passive but much weaker aura.

What if they give you a buff(or debuff even) that when you deal damage it heals everyone in your group/raid. The big change is that this is a smart-heal that heals the person with the lowest health. This allows the healing to be spread around a raid group but can provide meaningful healing to an individual person when needed.

Of course the biggest issue is that blizz wanted to really tone down healing that DPS can do(try aff warlock, it's a joke).
I guess turning it into old atonement isn’t bad. Old Vampiric Embrace is more iconic though, and I’d prefer that.

Maybe it could function like Paladin’s Protection Aura during Legion and WoD, where it has a given power but dilutes itself based on the amount of players in the party.

That way the spec gains some desperately need survivability while out questing and in Warmode and PvP. But it’s still a solid healing presence in 5 mans, and verbatim old Vampiric Embrace when in raids.
Not all that strong? 5-10% leech on everyone is massively strong.
10/29/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Aeterna
Not all that strong? 5-10% leech on everyone is massively strong.

Yeah, that would be strong, but if the "leech/heal" was based off the damage the shadow priest is doing, ala atonement (with a smart heal attached to it), then I can see it being pretty nice.
+5% leech perhaps to just group, not raid?

or +5% leech to self and to group if speced san'layn talent?

OPs solution seems simple and elegant to me, rly like the idea, but needs tuning.

Perhaps all friendlies caught in your void eruption get 10% leech for 10 seconds, or 5% for 15 seconds?
This can literally be even 1% leech to entire raid for any ST damage and 0.5-1% mana return for any Mind spells that hit the target. Activating VE would remain same as live but smart heal up to 5 targets. Bring back the vampiric leech side to SP!

As eleshams have their AG, albeit very weak talent and shouldn't be chosen over cheat death and boomies have resto affinity ysera's gifts + WG + rejuv. SPs need to be the kind of leech casters. Affliction needs to throw us a bone since they're already king of dots.
Personally would of liked to have seen a 5% haste aura similar to Feral's 5% crit. At least that way it would also mean the spec would never have unbearably low Haste.
#MakeShadowManaBatteriesAgain
10/30/2018 04:12 AMPosted by Malyx
Personally would of liked to have seen a 5% haste aura similar to Feral's 5% crit. At least that way it would also mean the spec would never have unbearably low Haste.

Feral's crit buff is PvP only though from what I can read. Its listed as a PvP talent.
I would love to have shadow priests be mana batteries again. This would make us feel like we bring something unique to the table like Lust/Brez/Raid Buffs/Debuffs that other classes have
It would make sense that 2 of our 3 specs are heals and the one dps spec supports healers via mana replenishment
I'd love to be a mana battery again, but I highly doubt blizzard would go back down that route, because it would pretty much make 1-2 shadow priests mandatory to bring in mythic progression content (which, as a shadow priest main of 12+ years, would be cool), but it goes against their whole "bring the player, not the class...except on -insert multiple bosses that require certain raid comps to beat here-"
Doesnt the bring the class not the player already exist. This would at least give some incentive for shadow to be included in content
10/28/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Guldalina
5% or 10% global leech for all raid members, with maybe an active component as well. What do you guys think? Nice, but not all that strong of a raid buff.

And yes Shadow needs more, but this is so 'easy' and 'minimal' that it'd probably get in.

That would be so overpowered it would be unreal. Mythic progress groups would run 2-3 healers and run 5 shadow priests if that was in the game.
10/31/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Dovapriest
That would be so overpowered it would be unreal. Mythic progress groups would run 2-3 healers and run 5 shadow priests if that was in the game.

Even if it didn't stack, 5% would be nuts. That'd be a dps spec bringing ~15000 raid HPS at current mythic levels of play. 10% raidwide leech would be more healing than most if not all of your healers :)
Vampiric Embrace: CD 45 seconds.

For the next 15 seconds duplicate the passive effect.

Passive: You heal for 20% of all damage done, and heal up to 4 other friendly targets for 5%.
10/31/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Fiftyrip
10/31/2018 08:24 AMPosted by Dovapriest

Even if it didn't stack, 5% would be nuts. That'd be a dps spec bringing ~15000 raid HPS at current mythic levels of play. 10% raidwide leech would be more healing than most if not all of your healers :)

DH have a talent for a passive 10% leech, its not as much as you think it is tbh. Most raid healing is burst healing, not a sustained trickle, so you barely get any use out of leech anyway. 5% to the whole raid in theory, if EVERYONE was getting damaged constantly, would be like 500-1k hps/person. but there isn't any fight besides G'huun where this actually happens. And even then, 5% leech isn't going to let you survive another stack of that debuff...
I don't mind it as is, just wish it wasn't on gcd. Same with Rapture.