Explain the logs on this Zek fight.

Priest
Not my logs, obviously:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C93m1qF6QhMBL842#fight=9&type=healing&source=16

Guild seems to hit a wall at 10% on heroic. Just looking up the logs to compare what others are doing to what I'm doing.

Those large four large spikes of atonement healing. What is setting this off? Rapture? Or is that halo when those little soldier things come out?

edit: Digging deeper, quick navigation buff seems to align with the time stamps. hm
11/01/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Bangheal
Not my logs, obviously:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/C93m1qF6QhMBL842#fight=9&type=healing&source=16

Guild seems to hit a wall at 10% on heroic. Just looking up the logs to compare what others are doing to what I'm doing.

Those large four large spikes of atonement healing. What is setting this off? Rapture? Or is that halo when those little soldier things come out?

edit: Digging deeper, quick navigation buff seems to align with the time stamps. hm

The priest is preping atonement for the surgings then using evangelism. If you want to do this, set your dbm/big wigs to highlight when surging is 15-12 seconds away depending on raid size and combo off on the surging with evangelism. If you want to know specific spell usage throw the log url into wowanalyzer.com and look at the timelines on the bottom.
11/01/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Dovapriest
11/01/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Bangheal
Not my logs, obviously:

The priest is preping atonement for the surgings then using evangelism. If you want to do this, set your dbm/big wigs to highlight when surging is 15-12 seconds away depending on raid size and combo off on the surging with evangelism. If you want to know specific spell usage throw the log url into wowanalyzer.com and look at the timelines on the bottom.

Ah, perfect! First time seeing that site too. That's a HUGE help.

So he's doing radiance, radiance, evangelism, schism, shadowfiend, halo, then rotation. That helps a lot. Thanks man. Especially that website.
11/01/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Bangheal
11/01/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Dovapriest

Ah, perfect! First time seeing that site too. That's a HUGE help.

So he's doing radiance, radiance, evangelism, schism, shadowfiend, halo, then rotation. That helps a lot. Thanks man. Especially that website.

Just a tip if you're looking to emulate this; make sure you throw out shadowfiend and Halo prior to Schism! SF does not benefit from the increased damage, and though I am not 100% sure if Halo does damage wise, it doesn't double dip into atonement healing anyway, so it's a waste of the Schism buff to cast them while it's active.

~Lil
I've always kept one radiance rolling on cooldown. And I completely read evangelism wrong. Embarrassing to say, but I thought it meant extends all atonement that were placed after it was cast; not current atonements. This is my first round playing disc, so I'm still getting the feel for it.

This was a great help. Thanks guys.
11/01/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Lillin
SF does not benefit from the increased damage, and though I am not 100% sure if Halo does damage wise, it doesn't double dip into atonement healing anyway, so it's a waste of the Schism buff to cast them while it's active.

For SF yes that's correct, I'm not sure that's accurate for Halo though, unless I'm mistaken Halo does convert to atonement healing but it's only the first hit from it.

I need to test it but I've always assumed Halo benefits from schism, but not sure what happens if the first hit from it is on something other than your schism target (say an add), in theory that's what would be converted to atonement so it would not be buffed by Schism.... Again, I would have to test it more in depth but I'm leaning towards thinking that Schism then Halo is optimal if your Halo will hit the schism target first and the other way around if it will hit something else first.. Anyway it's probably a very minor difference in any case if you do it one way or the other, I've been doing Schism then Halo.
11/01/2018 10:57 AMPosted by Holymonky
11/01/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Lillin
SF does not benefit from the increased damage, and though I am not 100% sure if Halo does damage wise, it doesn't double dip into atonement healing anyway, so it's a waste of the Schism buff to cast them while it's active.

For SF yes that's correct, I'm not sure that's accurate for Halo though, unless I'm mistaken Halo does convert to atonement healing but it's only the first hit from it.

I need to test it but I've always assumed Halo benefits from schism, but not sure what happens if the first hit from it is on something other than your schism target (say an add), in theory that's what would be converted to atonement so it would not be buffed by Schism.... Again, I would have to test it more in depth but I'm leaning towards thinking that Schism then Halo is optimal if your Halo will hit the schism target first and the other way around if it will hit something else first.. Anyway it's probably a very minor difference in any case if you do it one way or the other, I've been doing Schism then Halo.

Most of the time stacking halo with a 15-20 atonement evangelism is gonna just overheal. But on zek I tend to use halo after the atonements fall off if there is a last tick of surging. there are times when I will halo in my evangelism burst windows though.