Unsubscribing to the new EA of the gaming industry.

General Discussion
How do these big name companies keep thinking they can do this.

Every beloved thing in this company's games has been sucked to an inch of existence.

The "new EA of the gaming industry" will be a salty reminder to make actual good content that the player base wants.

I hope your shareholders throw up their avocado toast this morning when they see the !@#$ storm you created trying to pinch every penny.

Delete this blizzard.
11/03/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Jaiandroy
Delete this blizzard.

Listen to your customers, Blizzard!

Every beloved thing in this company's games has been sucked to an inch of existence.

The "new EA of the gaming industry" will be a salty reminder to make actual good content that the player base wants.

I hope your shareholders throw up their avocado toast this morning when they see the !@#$ storm you created trying to pinch every penny.

Delete this blizzard.

Can I haz your stuffs?
Yeah, I’m done. Got a couple months left on my current sub. Don’t even care. With new Witcher, RDR2, and Fallout 76, Blizzard can suck it. This is what happens when you continually ignore and condescend your player base.

Everything they’ve been doing in WoW and now Diablo is about making money and extending subs. Content is last consideration. Activision will be the death of Blizzard.

Now you are just getting me all excited.
11/03/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Heargen
Yeah, I’m done. Got a couple months left on my current sub. Don’t even care. With new Witcher, RDR2, and Fallout 76, Blizzard can suck it. This is what happens when you continually ignore and condescend your player base.

Everything they’ve been doing in WoW and now Diablo is about making money and extending subs. Content is last consideration. Activision will be the death of Blizzard.

I downloaded Path of Exile last night. Looks better than I remember, gonna try it. Also looking at Grim Dawn, for my Diablo replacement. I have TONS of games I want to try, that I ignored in favor of WoW over the years. I went back to Fallout when I quit at the beginning of WoD, and replayed 3, played New Vegas, and then played the crap out of 4. So glad I did it, instead of grinding apexis crystals. I played Witcher 3 and GTA 5, a LOT. I got back into games like Civ, with 5 &6, and discovered cool indie games, like Prison Architect, Oxygen Not Included, and Surviving Mars. And Goat Simulator.

I'm not worried about my game time and budget, I have plenty of options. We can ask Blizzard for games we want to love, and if they don't want to make them? Cool. Have a good one, see ya around. I have plenty of room in my Steam library.

Delete this blizzard.

Wanna know why? Great lets get into it!

Remember Modern Warfare 2? Better still remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott? Okay long story short a bunch of CoD PC Gamers got together and proclaimed they wouldn't get Modern Warfare 2 as they took out dedicated servers. They took to a number of websites, had a number of people making it sound like there was this following that if they didn't put in dedicated servers? Modern Warfare 2 would be a ghost town on the PC.

Then someone took a screen shot of their Steam group the night Modern Warfare 2 came out and guess what? About 90% of the people in that group are playing Modern Warfare 2. Oh and before you think that was just a one time thing?

A number of the Battlefield games had issues and still sold well. On that note I'm sure Battlefield V will do well even with the whole, "This isn't WW2!" screaming going on. Battlefront 2 for all of the screaming, moaning, and the like? It lost what? Maybe a million or two sales if that? They still had a number of people getting it and still made bank on it. I'm sure the same thing will happen with Fallout 76, I'm sure when Anthem or Division 2 come out we'll have all kinds of people screaming about microtransactions and the like and those will do well in sales.

Here's what's going to happen... Oh people are all up in arms right now over this, and oh yes I know a number of people will never buy anything Activision or Blizzard ever again. And then sometime down the road? Diablo 4 will be shown off.

Half of those people will pretend that they never threw a fit and be throwing money once again at Blizzard. The other half? Oh they will be proclaiming how they will once again never buy anything Blizzard ever again. They will be downloading Diablo 4 off Battle.net and still proclaiming that. And note if someone calls them out on it? Well you see they got gifted Diablo 4, just leaving out the gift was from them, to them. And they still hate the game and Blizzard for what they did, even as they put a ton of time into it.

In other words? Ever time I've seen some kinda Gamer protest or boycott? It falls flat on it's face unless it's something that even casual folks don't like.
11/03/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Gildör
Ever time I've seen some kinda Gamer protest or boycott? It falls flat on it's face unless it's something that even casual folks don't like.
They do but sometimes they don't, it really varies.
EA thanks Blizzard/Activision. They are finally out of the limelight for now. Until they launch Anthem anyway.
They’re hiding threads, too. Originally posted in GD: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769748973?page=11#post-214
In other words? Ever time I've seen some kinda Gamer protest or boycott? It falls flat on it's face unless it's something that even casual folks don't like.

Most boycotts are jokes. Humans are pathetic.

"I'm boycotting Star Wars" yet they'll see it in theaters on opening night even if just to complain about it.
11/03/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Valarien
"I'm boycotting Star Wars"

I actually did boycott. Rogue One was my last star wars film I watched. Wanna know a secret, the Last Jedi bombed, guess why. NO VIEWS!
new Witcher
When? Googling it resulted in nothing but vague confirmations it will happen eventually.

Delete this blizzard.

Wanna know why? Great lets get into it!

Remember Modern Warfare 2? Better still remember the Modern Warfare 2 boycott? Okay long story short a bunch of CoD PC Gamers got together and proclaimed they wouldn't get Modern Warfare 2 as they took out dedicated servers. They took to a number of websites, had a number of people making it sound like there was this following that if they didn't put in dedicated servers? Modern Warfare 2 would be a ghost town on the PC.

Then someone took a screen shot of their Steam group the night Modern Warfare 2 came out and guess what? About 90% of the people in that group are playing Modern Warfare 2. Oh and before you think that was just a one time thing?

A number of the Battlefield games had issues and still sold well. On that note I'm sure Battlefield V will do well even with the whole, "This isn't WW2!" screaming going on. Battlefront 2 for all of the screaming, moaning, and the like? It lost what? Maybe a million or two sales if that? They still had a number of people getting it and still made bank on it. I'm sure the same thing will happen with Fallout 76, I'm sure when Anthem or Division 2 come out we'll have all kinds of people screaming about microtransactions and the like and those will do well in sales.

Here's what's going to happen... Oh people are all up in arms right now over this, and oh yes I know a number of people will never buy anything Activision or Blizzard ever again. And then sometime down the road? Diablo 4 will be shown off.

Half of those people will pretend that they never threw a fit and be throwing money once again at Blizzard. The other half? Oh they will be proclaiming how they will once again never buy anything Blizzard ever again. They will be downloading Diablo 4 off Battle.net and still proclaiming that. And note if someone calls them out on it? Well you see they got gifted Diablo 4, just leaving out the gift was from them, to them. And they still hate the game and Blizzard for what they did, even as they put a ton of time into it.

AstroTurf ™️
Went and bought a Switch along with Breath of the Wild and Mario Party today.
Been meaning to play other games but WoW kept eating up all my game time.

Sub runs out the end of Dec, I have access to the classic beta and I don't even care.

And with Smash Bros coming out early next month and a backlog of games I missed out on these last few years I've got plenty else to play.

I'm sorry Blizzard, I can't watch you do this. ( in Jaina Proudmoore voice)
11/03/2018 07:17 PMPosted by Zubdub
new Witcher
When? Googling it resulted in nothing but vague confirmations it will happen eventually.

The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker. It’s already out on PC available from GOG. Coming to consoles later in the year.
Delete this blizzard.

What do you know, I actually agree with a forum troll for once.

Activision will be the death of Blizzard.

Except Activision has no say in how Blizzard operates, and that has been the standard for the past 10 years. Remember, the Activision-Blizzard merger happened in 2008 before the launch of Wrath of the Lich King.

Look, I don't think anyone likes what happened at Blizzcon with Diablo: Immortal, it was a horrible mess that could have been avoided entirely if they (Blizzard) had read the gaming community after the reveal of Command and Conquer: Rivals and decided that, instead of releasing a mobile game only, they'd release Immortal for PC, Console and Mobile with changes made to each version so that it's obvious that it's not just a hastily ported mobile game.

The following PR blunders probably didn't help either.

But let's not go down the rabbit hole of 'entire company is bad because X team of said company did Y thing that I don't like'.
11/04/2018 03:26 AMPosted by Heargen
The Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker

That's a card game though.
11/03/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Chaosnachos
the Last Jedi bombed

This did not happen.