Raider IO is Cancer

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
11/04/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Grievousxo
11/03/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Conditionerx
Apparently being 2800 xp in arenas doesn't mean I have the awareness to do +10 key content. How the hell are people just coming back to the game going to accrue 1k raid io?

It's extremely toxic for LFG, I get that you want to filter out bads but sometimes its kinda ridiculous.

Warrior with 2099 in 3s after 816 games played. Yikes

Did you know people can pay for their rating? Yep. Leave ratings out of PvE talk. That goes for you too OP
Did a 10 KR earlier with a guildie that is great at PvP...consistently failed mechanics on the very first boss, dropped gold puddles right up there in melee, and struggled to keep his dps barely above the tank anytime he had to peel for mechanics.

It's not for everyone, OP.
I'm old school I guess, but actually having a PVP rating of above 2k means something....and lets not compare pve to pvp....we all know it takes a lot more skill to PVP I'd gladly take anyone with high pvp rating and teach him PVE strats....how about you guys try to teach pvp to a pve guy? yeah...
11/09/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Epicondyle
I'd gladly take anyone with high pvp rating and teach him PVE strats....how about you guys try to teach pvp to a pve guy? yeah...

Great! Teach the OP some Mythic Uldir strats...what's that, all of your characters are only 110? Okay, how about a guildy? Oh, only one of them is 120 and that one hasn't even done LFR?

Hmm, well maybe you can teach something about M+10 strats. Oh wait, neither you nor anyone in your guild has experience with that either...

I know that not doing something doesn't disqualify someone from having an opinion about it, and sometimes people that don't participate in an activity can know more about that activity than the people who are doing it. However, since it would appear that you have no experience with either M uldir or M+, I'd like you to share the basis of your claim that it would be easier to teach those things (that you have never experienced) than PvP?

Oh wait, a quick perusal of your characters and it looks like you've never done any meaningful PvP either...No RBG, highest arena achieve was 1750, even your BG win% are abysmal.

So again, why do you think you are qualified to decide that is easier to teach a skill you don't have than to teach a different skill you don't have?
11/09/2018 03:15 AMPosted by Zothlar
11/09/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Epicondyle
I'd gladly take anyone with high pvp rating and teach him PVE strats....how about you guys try to teach pvp to a pve guy? yeah...

Great! Teach the OP some Mythic Uldir strats...what's that, all of your characters are only 110? Okay, how about a guildy? Oh, only one of them is 120 and that one hasn't even done LFR?

Hmm, well maybe you can teach something about M+10 strats. Oh wait, neither you nor anyone in your guild has experience with that either...

I know that not doing something doesn't disqualify someone from having an opinion about it, and sometimes people that don't participate in an activity can know more about that activity than the people who are doing it. However, since it would appear that you have no experience with either M uldir or M+, I'd like you to share the basis of your claim that it would be easier to teach those things (that you have never experienced) than PvP?

Oh wait, a quick perusal of your characters and it looks like you've never done any meaningful PvP either...No RBG, highest arena achieve was 1750, even your BG win% are abysmal.

So again, why do you think you are qualified to decide that is easier to teach a skill you don't have than to teach a different skill you don't have?

He’s a grandmaster forum troll, he knows everything.

Blizzard listen up!
11/08/2018 01:47 PMPosted by Lexou
11/08/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Swillton
Likewise, there’s no good reason to assume that a player knows how to chain CC just because he has AOTC Uldir.

No but there would be if he had M G'huun. A more relevant achievement that you would have used instead if it didn't make your point seem silly.

10s are exhaustingly simple. I'd be more likely to trust a high rated pvper in pve over somebody who pugs 10s.

There are plenty of cutting edge raiders that suck at PvP. Whether I used CE or AOTC makes little difference.
The disconnect of those who have not run many mythic plus is kinda funny. Yes, you know how to interrupt. The problem is there are three spells going off simultaneously, two which are insignificant, but one which will wipe the group. One mechanics can be ignored, one must be respected. These things don't just risk ruining an entire attempt, depleting the key and denying a player a piece of valuable loot, but even in the best case scenario that lack of experience will translate to a slower run.

And DPS is not the least important role in M+. Low DPS is perhaps the greatest contributor to failed runs. You have upwards of 80,000,000 enemy health to burn through in 7-10 keys, best believe every DPS plays as critical of a role as the tank and healer. Low DPS from one player throughout a run might as well be one or two wipes,no difference
Raider IO is just a metrics tool. Considering there's bots flooding LFG with M+ gold/money sales it means literally nothing since rating can just be bought.

Not to mention the people that are so braindead that they can't dps their way out of a paper bag and get outdamaged by a prot warrior even though they have a 800+ score.
11/11/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Ragehide
Raider IO is just a metrics tool. Considering there's bots flooding LFG with M+ gold/money sales it means literally nothing since rating can just be bought.

Not to mention the people that are so braindead that they can't dps their way out of a paper bag and get outdamaged by a prot warrior even though they have a 800+ score.

The “score can be bought” argument is getting exhausting. Think about this for a second.. in order to BUY a 1k rating your looking at MILLIONS of gold to complete all 10 of the dungeons at that level in time. The amount of people that actually purchased dungeons for rating has to be so below a decimal of a percentage point. It’s ridiculous. Just stop. The bottom line is the score is valuable. Everyone knows the score is valuable whether you like it or not. If you don’t like it, it’s because your score isn’t very good, and if you do like it, it’s because your score is very good.....
11/05/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Longos
Both your replies are cancerous, some of the best players are hand of a'dal and old rank ones but they are just coming back, they are still better players than todd.
Well that's great. I'm a Mythic raider, 2200 RBGer and run M+ frequently and you don't see Gladiators inviting me to their arena teams.

I guess people think it just swings the other way when it involves them but, aren't willing to accept new players into their fold when players want to engage in their main form of content. Mythic+ is not 'easy' by any means. You need to learn the pathing of every single dungeon, each mobs abilities & how to counter it and every boss mechanic.
I personally like raider.io and yes I've had the unfortunate pugs where a 375+ 1k score player can't do above 10k dps and mechanics at all. I understand I won't be invited to a +10 because of my raider.io score and that's fine. I understand this concept when I pug out my own keys and look for people to fill the group appropriately.

Most players are looking to push their keys successfully and there needs to be some metric to evaluate a persons potential.

Also people signing up for groups need to understand that players putting their keys in lfg are also looking for specific classes as well.
11/08/2018 12:47 AMPosted by Longos
Doing arena at a high level such as 2500-2900 is much harder than mythic +10 even if you had "Exposure"
lets stop pretending like you need to have done a +8 or + 9 to do a + 8 or + 9.

I'm not going to take some "gladiator" that has never foot set in a dungeon to a +10 key with me, sorry. M+ takes a lot of repetition to get right, and not having comms makes it even more so a muscle memory exercise. So no. If you want in, start your own damn group and push it to 10. Earn your way to a +10 like the rest of us did.
11/03/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Conditionerx
Apparently being 2800 xp in arenas doesn't mean I have the awareness to do +10 key content. How the hell are people just coming back to the game going to accrue 1k raid io?

It's extremely toxic for LFG, I get that you want to filter out bads but sometimes its kinda ridiculous.

Irrelevant content is irrelevant.

Youre a fury warrior panda that has depleted +5 keys. Id consider taking you to my Random Heroic Ques but thats the best I can do.
why dont you post your own key in lfg and invite the first 4 randos that queue without checking and see how well it goes?
The problem is people expecting 800 rio for an +5 , 6,7 even+3. But if you have 100 rio you dont deserve +10.