Mythic+ is dying.. do something about it.

General Discussion
1 2 3 17 Next
In legion, I cared about my score and I got it to 3k+ because Mythic+ was actually fun and the dungeons were cool and great.

However, In BFA.. I dislike the dungeons sorry... not a fan of Shrine, temple, or manor.. not even King's rest.

All what people care about is the weekly +10. one time and I'm done for the week.

I finished a +10 day one of Mythic+ release in BFA when my ilvl was 360+ or something lower I dont remember.

My legion score was high which means I have a great and awesome knowledge about everything how to kite + affixes.

Why suddenly I need 1k+ score in order just to finish a +10 ?

"Push your key, Make your Own group"

Listen, I said, I do not like the dungeons.. If my key is +9 Kings rest or shrine or whatever on tyrannical + Bursting or other bad week I'm not wasting my time even with top players.. No thanks.

That is why we look for quick keys..

Blizzard - for the love of god, just do something about this issue already.
Nice anecdotal evidence bud
That's why I dislike Raider.IO

In legion I finished a +23 in time... and now people won't get me for +10?

What kind of a joke is that?

At least make the Website to show all your progression in legion so people could actually know how good you are.

In pvp, if you were rank 1 glad in previous season.. it stays there for ever in the statistics..
If you were at the mdi stage yesterday you wouldn't feel this way that's for sure.

As for your problem, I'm not sure what they can do?

Your primary complaint is that you don't enjoy some dungeons, right? How can that be solved?

Suggest some actual things that could change about them that might help you warm up to them, but realize that redesigning dungeons is just not something that will likely happen any time soon.

I tend to worry about people making comparisons to legion dungeons though, because I feel like they remember doing them when they were super over geared compared to what dropped and doing dungeons clearly not designed with affixes in mind.

Things are far more difficult now and they actually have real challenges each week. If you don't enjoy overcoming challenges like that, that's totally cool, but just realize that is an intentional implementation and not something that needs to be fixed.
LET IT DIE. 8D

Designing around esports has destroyed dungeoning. I miss the days dungeoning had a firm, definite endgame that was easily accessible as long as dungeoning was your endgame. Having heroics be the hard mode they were supposed to be, without all this stupid bonus BS becoming *required* for dungeoning to be your endgame.

Let it die.

Esports GTFO my RPG.
I think if they removed about 15% of the trash in each dungeon they’d feel a lot better.

Also, pushing fort and tyrannical down to +2 might have been a mistake due to the difficulty jump from 0.

Just some observations from someone who doesn’t do these very often.
They don't even care that some of the dungeons are 30% harder than others or that the timers for shrine, temple and king's rest are about 5 minutes too short.

Every week is the same. A slog through a mountain of trash mobs until your senses are completely deadened. Then you do a boss, which take a completely random amount of time. This council boss on a +10 on fortified might take 5 minutes while a boss like the first of freehold might take 2 minutes on a +10 tyrannical. Some bosses have completely random hp like the last boss of freehold having something like 8 million hp on a 10 tyrannical. You just fight damage sponge after damage sponge after damage sponge.

My friends who originally wanted to push keys this expansion have all given up on them. They simply aren't fun.
I feel like it's unrewarding. The only slots I need upgrades in beyond 370 (Azerite and weapons) can't Titanforge, and only two pieces of loot per dungeon drop. Not only do I need a specific piece to drop for it to be an upgrade, I also need it to Titanforge. Raider.IO is literally the only reason I have to run Mythic+; it's no wonder key leaving is at an all time high this expansion (anecdotal, I know).
11/04/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Metrohaha

What they can do is to actually add Raider.IO in game instead of a Website first. Second, Make Raider.IO shows your actual Experience in M+ Overall even if it was the last expansion.

Because getting a +10 now isn't harder than finishing a +23 back in legion.
11/04/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Lacoste
My friends who originally wanted to push keys this expansion have all given up on them. They simply aren't fun.

2 of my best friends that I used to do them with back in legion are gone now because of this reason.
The game has just gone from doing a gold challenge mode in 14 minutes to doing a run that is just as clean taking 44 minutes and missing the timer. They tried way, way too hard to make pulls impossible to pull together. You win guys. We don't have infinite interrupts and most mobs are pretty much immune to in combat cc anyway and have 3x more hp than they should. Also infested, their 'you can't pull big because god damn we're sick of you having fun.' All of the crybabies complaining about 'aoe fests' have now made our dungeons 'single target fests' so thanks for that by the way.

It's the most boring the dungeons have ever been in any expansion specifically because they were designed to slow you down as much as possible with more mechanics than you can cope with if you pull two packs and an insane amount of HP. It's just annoying. At this rate to get a 15 on time I think the dps in my groups would need to be doing about 25k and the healer and tank doing at least half of that. Complete garbage.
All I know is Mythic plus in Legion was fun. Mythic plus in BFA is a chore. Its absolutely annoying.
If you were at the mdi stage yesterday you wouldn't feel this way that's for sure.

Your primary complaint is that you don't enjoy some dungeons, right? How can that be solved?

Suggest some actual things that could change about them that might help you warm up to them, but realize that redesigning dungeons is just not something that will likely happen any time soon.

I tend to worry about people making comparisons to legion dungeons though, because I feel like they remember doing them when they were super over geared compared to what dropped and doing dungeons clearly not designed with affixes in mind.

Things are far more difficult now and they actually have real challenges each week. If you don't enjoy overcoming challenges like that, that's totally cool, but just realize that is an intentional implementation and not something that needs to be fixed.

Metro, I never want to see you defend retail again.

Your my classic buddy.

Stay my classic buddy.

Let retail... do retail.
11/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Merrymaker

What they can do is to actually add Raider.IO in game instead of a Website first. Second, Make Raider.IO shows your actual Experience in M+ Overall even if it was the last expansion.

11/04/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Lacoste

2 of my best friends that I used to do them with back in legion are gone now because of this reason.

But I literally don't care about your Legion IO score for BFA dungeons. It doesn't translate.

"Hey, I was good in previous content, using a class with abilities that don't exist anymore. That means I am good in current content, and also understand the ins and outs of the new dungeons. Dungeons that I admit I hate running, and avoid every chance I get"
I finished a +10 day one of Mythic+ release in BFA when my ilvl was 360+ or something lower I dont remember. Listen, I said, I do not like the dungeons..

I would guess it was something extremely lower.....day of Mythic Plus release and 360, no.

What exactly do you suggest Blizz does about it? You don't want to push your own key and want people who pushed theirs to, let you in?
You don't like dungeons yet you want in them (The fact you say you don't like them makes you an absolute liability, people that don't like dungeons shouldn't be doing 10's that belong to others) and you want people to let you in their already pushed keys?

I saw absolutely zero suggestion as to how you want things fixed and more of how good you are and should be let in these keys because you are geared and were good in LEGION, which, doesn't matter anymore.

How is Blizz going to fix the people and make them allow you in their key?
Imagine wasting your time pointlessly doing +10s every week when the next normal raid tier drops items higher than the mythic raids right now. Gear has become so easy to get that it’s pointless to bother with it anymore. Real endgame progression is now mount farming and transmog farming
I get why they do it the way they do because of "infinite" replayability, but I preferred the more static challenge of bronze/silver/gold. Mostly because it allowed you to restart without prejudice and be able to discuss what went wrong.
11/04/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Pasmina
LET IT DIE. 8D

Designing around esports has destroyed dungeoning. I miss the days dungeoning had a firm, definite endgame that was easily accessible as long as dungeoning was your endgame. Having heroics be the hard mode they were supposed to be, without all this stupid bonus BS becoming *required* for dungeoning to be your endgame.

Let it die.

Esports GTFO my RPG.

I regret I can only like this once
Honestly can't wait for the day if it comes, Raider i.o bull!@#$ with all the douchebags you support it and demand absurd scores for lower keys can go DIAF.....so fed up.
11/04/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Akston
11/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Merrymaker

But I literally don't care about your Legion IO score for BFA dungeons. It doesn't translate.

"Hey, I was good in previous content, using a class with abilities that don't exist anymore. That means I am good in current content, and also understand the ins and outs of the new dungeons. Dungeons that I admit I hate running, and avoid every chance I get"

This guy gets it
11/04/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Merrymaker
All what people care about is the weekly +10. one time and I'm done for the week.

They care for loot and that's all.