Weaving doesn't work on Hunters anymore

Classic Discussion
Rip in pieces vanilla hunters
You mean auto shot weaving?
Can you macro your weapon swaps?
hunter pet stances dont work either, pet acts like it does in BFA , just stands there and bugs out doesnt assist you... constantly just not moving when enemy dies ( not returning to you )
11/04/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Velossena

Yeah, it's borked. One of many things. Idk how they're going to fix the sea of problems in 6-7 months if this is how it looks after 2 years but I guess time will tell, lol
I feel that this problem could've easily been fixed had they decided to build up from old files rather than build down from current files.
11/04/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Xjum
11/04/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Velossena

Yeah, it's borked. One of many things. Idk how they're going to fix the sea of problems in 6-7 months if this is how it looks after 2 years but I guess time will tell, lol

It works, you just can't be moving. If you're running in the demo autoshot won't fire.
11/04/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Lunarshine
I feel that this problem could've easily been fixed had they decided to build up from old files rather than build down from current files.

The blizzcon panel "Restoring History" goes into great detail about why this wasnt viable.
Confused about what you're talking about... weaving auto shots? You don't even have aimed shot yet on the demo to weave in between them.
Not sure what your talking about. If you're referring to the idea that hunter's auto-shot was on a timer and you could run then stop when the timer was up that worked fine for me(but if you go over that time, it won't fire right away). You can't fire the auto-shot while running like you can in retail.

Other than that I have no idea what you are talking about.
11/04/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Lagspike
11/04/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Lunarshine

The blizzcon panel "Restoring History" goes into great detail about why this wasnt viable.

Not really.

It explains why they made this choice, and I can understand why. Both cases did involve fixing an enormous amount of bugs, though.

It was a matter of 'have a working backend and fix everything about gameplay' or 'have a working gameplay experience and fix everything about the backend'. They chose the first, which I can respect, because the back end is important. From a player perspective, though, the fact that the demo was released in the state of so many things still needing to be fixed does tend to make us wonder if they'll manage to fix everything that they signed themselves up to fix.
11/04/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Velossena
If you're running in the demo autoshot won't fire.

Oh wow, really? That sounds like a huge bug. They should totally fix that.
11/04/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Xjum

No, that's how it was in Vanilla. #WorkingAsIntended
11/04/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Xjum

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell through text.
are u talking about the separate swing timer for normal and range weapon?
u should be able to melee attack a mob than autoshot the other mob that is on your pet and both should have their own swing timers

or are u talking about normal rotation with aimed shot ? (can u even get to lvl 20 on the demo?) because u cant do proper aim shot rotation with any weapon until 3.4 speed (3.3 is doable depending on quiver 3.2 will clip swing timer)
They need to make autoshot uninterruptible but not castable when moving. Just so it can stay primed when relocating and not need to be reactivated.
11/04/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Sylee
or are u talking about normal rotation with aimed shot ? (can u even get to lvl 20 on the demo?) because u cant do proper aim shot rotation with any weapon until 3.4 speed (3.3 is doable depending on quiver 3.2 will clip swing timer)

I don't remember which patch, but by 1.12 autoshot clipping was removed.