No changes

Classic Discussion
Now Is the time to speak up.
No sharding and no loot trading, these are my biggest concerns currently.
11/05/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Daturas
No sharding and no loot trading, these are my biggest concerns currently.

Likewise.
Agreed
Your name reminds me of Goosebumps the show on Nickelodeon. Viewerbeware you're in for a scare!
#shut up
I understand how sharding at the beginning can be helpful for Blizzard. I can already imagine the angry forums from people who can't kill Hogger cuz of people traffic. Definitly not long term however. No loot trading in any form.
I want changes as long as they don't violate Vanilla's design philosophy.
No changes will kill the game
the nochanges bandwagon is getting kind of old to me now, instead of just yelling no changes i'm being specific. Like the guy said above, sharding and loot trading are my concerns. I've actually grown to think loot trading is a bigger issue then sharding.

Sharding, if made clear when it'll be used won't be the end of the world to me. In the starter zones I usually don't connect with any players anyways that early on or make friends, obviously that's just me though.

I'll accept sharding for i'd say a week or two maximum and in the 1-15 leveling area, with no plans to use it further like with the AQ gate opening. You have no idea how flooded Classic is gonna be at launch and without some sort of fix to the launch pop it'll be a mess to get out of those starter zones. The problem is nobody can come up with an alternative to sharding cause there isn't one. Dynamic respawns suck and aren't authentic anyways just like sharding.

Then again my experience with server launches were competing with about 7-15k players at once and not whatever realm pop limit Classic will have ( assuming around 3k~ or so). So I could be wrong and sharding might not be necessary. I hope you'll think about what i'm saying and not just yell NO CHANGES NO SHARDING CASUAL.

A sharded area with a good size of people running around that are on my same server will feel more authentic then running around with thousands of players at once. Remember sharding isn't cross-realm zones atleast. Just a few days ago I was still 100% no sharding side, guess i'm turning into a noob retail player.
Limited sharding only in starting zones. I can deal with that. If I hit Westfall and my journey begins as it normally would? Cool. I pretty much speed out of starting zones anyway. I smell the roses, but chances are... in less than 6 hours of decent playing (I remember all the quests) I'll be out of there. It really doesn't take that long to get level 10-12 and move on.

On the other hand: Loot trading? You're creating a new dynamic of "outsiders" vs "friends." What that means is, you no longer have fair competition on casual dungeon running. So, us people like myself, who thrives and loves low-level and non-raid dungeon running and meeting new people... has to sit here and wonder: "Is this group going to play fair, give me a chance to get items, or am I just insta-screwed out of decent gear?"

Yeah, go ahead. Say it: "Join a guild. Make friends."

Guildies aren't always in your level range. They aren't always online. And I like meeting NEW people aside from just confined to my guild. How is that about community? Telling people to stick to their guild? "Hey, we want an authentic community based system, but now our players are saying GG play with guildies only."

Oookaaay. That attitude is terrible and saddening. I am 100% anti-loot trading in 5 man dungeons. Us casuals like to take it slow and enjoy the game. We like getting decent casual dungeon drops. Not everyone wants to just rush to end-game and do MC. Come ON. Not everyone just wants to RAID RAID RAID.
Transmog anyone? If LFR made it in the demo. You can expect transmog to. So much for no changes.
11/05/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Stemavra

I hate this argument and I agree with you fully, just sticking to your own guild and not playing with anyone out of it, how's that any different then retail? That's dividing the community right there, what most people argue is hurting retail.

11/05/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Mooniah
Transmog anyone? If LFR made it in the demo. You can expect transmog to. So much for no changes.

cmon dude, don't be ignorant. LFR was already confirmed in the panel to not be in the game and transmogs won't be either. Go watch the panel and q&a
11/05/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Stemavra

I hate this argument and I agree with you fully, just sticking to your own guild and not playing with anyone out of it, how's that any different then retail? That's dividing the community right there, what most people argue is hurting retail

You are exactly right. You are essentially segregating people into different groups. If this change does stay in (I hope to GOD it doesn't) then I am unfortunately going to be forced into the same type of behavior. Sticking to guilds, and IF forced into pugs, I'll have to lean over to my wife's computer and say: "Hey baby, roll on this for me 'cause these guys are gonna try to do the same." So I can create better odds for myself, against people DOING IT TOO!!!

Why would I do that? So that I don't get ninja'd by people in regular, random 5 mans. In essence, Blizzard is now promoting a different type of gameplay. This issue is avoidable, at the cost of meeting new friends and doing randoms. Some of my best buddies were met outside of my guild, during late-night randoms. I still remember a Gnome I met during Zul'farak named Weggit. I loved that lil' buddy, he was a random.

I want fair competition and not the outlook of: "Yep, better run with my guildies. Too bad they're offline. But if I do PUGs I'll just waste time losing every item. Better not risk it. Guess no dungeons for me as I level."

Yeah, thanks. Essentially everyone is going to form a clique, that will shun outsiders and nobody is going to meet in dungeons anymore. And if people do randoms, they're get screwed. YAY FOR AUTHENTIC COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE!!!

all for ... what? Blizzard not having to answer tickets? Oh.
You say that. But pirated servers changed stuff from 1.12 So you are eating your own words.
#YesChanges
#NOCHANGES
Have you not seen the comments on the sharding thread?
theres going to be lfg for dungeons i have no doubt
So for the people complaining about sharding, did none of you watch the blizzcon videos or listen when the guy was talking?

They literally said they did it for the demo so everyone could play smoothly and that it might only be used for the games release to assist when they have a high number of players early on.

Like any X-pac or game the number of people will drop off dramatically. Look at BFA as example of a dropoff and that just came out.

I feel like these people complaining about shards really didn't listen to a word that was said at the con. Good luck to those that pay attention and read and listen to things and think objectively.
"No changes" needs to change to "Lots of changes". Instead of starting from the old client and server they are amending the modern versions. What the demo has shown us is that it will be alot of work to 'correct' the situation.

We should hold Blizzard to a higher standard than the laziest possible solution.