Mark of Honor

General Discussion
Where can I get some of these without being forced into BGs or Arenas?
It's a PvP reward. You have to engage in PvP content to get it.
Legion "PvP" world quests that had 0 PvP never should have given them in the first place. If you want PvP mogs, go PvP. They drop like candy from BGs and Arena.
11/05/2018 10:22 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes

^ Pretty much this.
Marks of Honor are the current currency for PvP content they aren't obtainable from "most" PvE content.

Legion "PvP" world quests that had 0 PvP never should have given them in the first place. If you want PvP mogs, go PvP. They drop like candy from BGs and Arena.
This is the only exception to the rule. The PvP WQs in Legion occasionally provide Marks of Honor as a reward at quite a substantial rate. If you really want the Marks but don't want to engage in PvP content then they might be an option.
Otherwise you have to suck it up and PvP.

^ Pretty much this.
Marks of Honor are the current currency for PvP content they aren't obtainable from "most" PvE content.

This is the only exception to the rule. The PvP WQs in Legion occasionally provide Marks of Honor as a reward at quite a substantial rate. If you really want the Marks but don't want to engage in PvP content then they might be an option.
Otherwise you have to suck it up and PvP.

legion pvp world quests no longer exist, I think they removed em
11/05/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Detestable

Which sucks, because I need those to buy my armor recipes for PvE :-/
i kinda wish they had made PvP brawl WQs for BFA, only appearing if you had warmode on of course.

i just want some damn marks for profession recipes to level up my skills :(

BGs as alliance makes me want to bang my head into the desk :(
11/05/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Truebow

they still exist.
they weren't removed.

11/05/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Scruit
BGs as alliance makes me want to bang my head into the desk

do them on a horde character, and mail the marks to your alliance character.
11/05/2018 10:32 PMPosted by Haavi
The PvP WQs in Legion occasionally provide Marks of Honor as a reward at quite a substantial rate.

At the end of the day i had about 5 -6 alts with order hall upgrades to insta complete a WQ.

Esy pesy mohs , i still have a lot of it left over though

Except they are needed for "PVE" professions.

they still exist.
they weren't removed.

[/quote]

The Marks were removed from them. Leaving us at "you MUST BG or Arena to get marks" and even then the drop rate is terrible.
11/05/2018 10:57 PMPosted by Nobully

they still exist.
they weren't removed.

11/05/2018 10:53 PMPosted by Scruit
BGs as alliance makes me want to bang my head into the desk

do them on a horde character, and mail the marks to your alliance character.

The WQ's still exist yes but they dont award marks of honor anymore. Not even rarely. Now its just waking essence or order hall resources, or maybe some gold.

With that said you can still get a single mark of honor as bonus loot from a rare class hall mission board mission.
They literally rained from the sky in Legion, at first. This was before they added the alternate rewards, the old PVP stuff, as a possible.

So, mainly from the PVP towers (which were almost always just PVE), I got:

The Stylist title.

Tons of mogs on my Hunter, as well as this character, then finally all of the Legion mogs and a couple of older ones on my newly 110 priest.

Oh, plus:

I got all of the mounts, which you could now buy with Marks of Honor which used to just be honor. I got THEM ALL!

So it was pretty cool, for a time.

Then they switched to so many other possible rewards, then they switched to not having marks of honor at all.

I kind of assumed, at the time, that if they nerfed anything it would be the rate at which I could earn marks this way. So I was doing them on this character, once I boosted it, as well as the hunter. Then I'd also use this character's "autocomplete whatever thingie" for when it was a WQ at black rook hold/whatever for marks. I stocked the heck up!

Last expansion there were open world PvP areas and WQs to get them. Now we have warmode, but none of the other stuff.
11/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Jacara

to get upgraded recipes?

you get the marks even from losses now. Just queue up and have some fun.
11/05/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Nicodemùs
The WQ's still exist yes but they dont award marks of honor anymore.

i don't recall claiming they still awarded marks..
i simply responded to the incorrect statement that the quests had been removed.

....to learn to make pvp gear.

I think you all need to take that up with blizz. That is dumb.

JMO, I don't want alliance who don't want to PvP being in BGs with me..
11/05/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Jacara

Certain Legion order hall missions still award them as bonuses. Run those on all your 110+ alts and you'll have enough for whatever you need to get in a few weeks. Yes it takes a while, but zero pvp time-wastage required.

I'm also fairly confident they didn't remove the warden tower WQs from the broken isles, as some have suggested, but let me check. Yep, still active! Those sometimes award Marks of Honor as well. Good to check them each day to see.

They should've never required PvE players to go into PvP to get currency for buying transmog appearances. I don't want to be there, you don't want me to be there, I just want some goddam transmogs. Fortunately, as I outlined above, you have to engage in exactly ZERO PvP to get a ton of these.

I'm sitting at around 140, and that's after buying everything I've ever wanted to buy off PvP transmog vendors.
11/06/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Sterly
11/05/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Jacara

Certain Legion order hall missions still award them as bonuses. Run those on all your 110+ alts and you'll have enough for whatever you need to get in a few weeks. Yes it takes a while, but zero pvp time-wastage required.

I'm also fairly confident they didn't remove the warden tower WQs from the broken isles, as some have suggested, but let me check. Yep, still active! Those sometimes award Marks of Honor as well. Good to check them each day to see.

They should've never required PvE players to go into PvP to get currency for buying transmog appearances. I don't want to be there, you don't want me to be there, I just want some goddam transmogs. Fortunately, as I outlined above, you have to engage in exactly ZERO PvP to get a ton of these.

I'm sitting at around 140, and that's after buying everything I've ever wanted to buy off PvP transmog vendors.

Quests are still there but the Marks are no longer a reward.

They should of never changed the old transmogs from gold into marks of honor to buy also.