Mark of Honor

General Discussion
11/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Jacara
11/05/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Detestable
Legion "PvP" world quests that had 0 PvP never should have given them in the first place. If you want PvP mogs, go PvP. They drop like candy from BGs and Arena.

Except they are needed for "PVE" professions.

And guess what pve content is required to pvp; go figure eh
11/05/2018 11:41 PMPosted by Kypookins
They literally rained from the sky in Legion, at first. This was before they added the alternate rewards, the old PVP stuff, as a possible.

Definitely not at first! At the beginning of Legion they could only really be gotten from bgs and a win didn't necessarily get you one. I needed 5 for a sword mog and did over 60 bgs to get them.

There were a lot of protests at how difficult obtaining them was. Blizzard eventually acted and in the end they were very easy to get.
11/06/2018 01:04 AMPosted by Ishamaël
11/05/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Jacara

Except they are needed for "PVE" professions.

That's because this is a pve game. Pvp is mini game.
Certain Legion order hall missions still award them as bonuses. Run those on all your 110+ alts
So far, that's the only place I've seen them outside of instanced PvP. I have eight characters with functional Legion missions tables. Across them all, I see about 3-4 marks a week.

As for the Legion WQs, indeed they no longer award marks.
Maybe this new a.i. bg things will pan out into something really big and you’ll be able to farm a bg for marks of honor pve style. Assuming you can beat the a.i. (Which might be easier than actual players).

is this meant to be a question, or a statement?

...because as far back as i can recall, high end pve has been required to obtain the best trinkets for pvp.

regardless, this thread is about a currency which can literally be obtained by afking.. but hey, let's kick up a fuss over how complex blizz have made things.
Are they in supply crates, or is it just honor and conquest?
Grinding out random bg's isn't that bad. I'm pretty sure you have a high chance, if not guaranteed, to get 1 mark even if you lose. I think it's 2-3 if you win. I don't pvp much because I'm complete !@# at it, but I don't mind occasionally grinding out bg's for transmog purposes. I do feel sorry for my teammates though...
<span class="truncated">...</span>
^ Pretty much this.
Marks of Honor are the current currency for PvP content they aren't obtainable from "most" PvE content.

<span class="truncated">...</span>This is the only exception to the rule. The PvP WQs in Legion occasionally provide Marks of Honor as a reward at quite a substantial rate. If you really want the Marks but don't want to engage in PvP content then they might be an option.
Otherwise you have to suck it up and PvP.

legion pvp world quests no longer exist, I think they removed em

Last I checked, they do exist, they just no longer award Marks of Honor.
Quickest way I found to get them was 2v2 or 3v3 ranked arena, I was getting about 6-14 an hour.
Strangely enough, you'd think that in a faction war expansion, that Blizzard would have carried forward the "PvP" WQs with similar rewards as in Legion.

If you put up, say, 4 Marks as a reward for a BfA PvP WQ, but it required Warmode to complete, I'd bet a lot of people would turn it on just for that.
11/06/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Requitus
Strangely enough, you'd think that in a faction war expansion, that Blizzard would have carried forward the "PvP" WQs with similar rewards as in Legion.

If you put up, say, 4 Marks as a reward for a BfA PvP WQ, but it required Warmode to complete, I'd bet a lot of people would turn it on just for that.

They added daily kill quests instead at your conquest hub for honor etc.
Used to be able to do PvP themed world quests to get them, but not anymore. Maybe we'll be able to get them from love battlegrounds, when they launch
11/06/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Nobully

is this meant to be a question, or a statement?

...because as far back as i can recall, high end pve has been required to obtain the best trinkets for pvp.

regardless, this thread is about a currency which can literally be obtained by afking.. but hey, let's kick up a fuss over how complex blizz have made things.

I don't enjoy BGs, would you want me on your team AFKing? Is it fair to the team to force me to be there even though I don't want to just to get Marks for PvE professions?