How the Gearing-System in BfA is ruining the game

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
will someone please pay attention to me. please!!!
Never stop going big dig?

He's a fan of the Boston tunnels project?
11/06/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Asmonisright
1) Reward players with loot they deserve, based on the hardest content they have succeeded and not itemlevel of their current gear. Example: I have done only mythic+0 and some lfr so the reward i should get would be around ilvl 345-350 max. So instead of going into a warfront and getting free 370ilvl i would get a 350ilvl piece. This will push players to actually follow the game mechanics, create own groups and get better at the game. Furthermore it would reward players, who actually ding 120 and instantly clear +6 and above keys with faster gearing expirience and greater feeling of being rawarded because of the difficulty someone has done and not the "every body gets a trophy day".

I was actually thinking of somethign like this, but I took it in a different direction. You get gear at an ilvl revelevent to the content you have cleared on your character. Example would be, if your character cleared Heroic Ghuun, ilvl rewards for world quests would scale up to about 370. Not all WQs, but ones like azerite gear caches, and certain boss ones, minus the world boss. That stays at the static ilvl.
Same thing for say M+ dungeons. But it wouldn't be as simple as just clearign say a +11 and all of a sudden you have a much higher ilvl reward for WQs, you need to own the keystone that cleared that +10 or higher within time to receive the bonus.
I would also think PvP rewards would stay the same, however I don't pvp so I don't really know much about the rewards there.

What my system would do is simply encourages players to do harder content, and the reward is better rewards for doing the easier solo content. You still need to clear the content on hard, but by then you are at the skill level to require those higher ilvls to justify needing them.
Ok first real problem. Does any of these guys have actual exssperince in making, promoting or selling video games? See wow is broken yes I completely agree. Does blizzard know how to make a good game? Not right now it seems.

The other problem is people who have very little exssperince in gaming world trying to sell their ideas. If they had such good ideas. Then why not make a game based on those ideas and make money off it. See the conundrum? They say they want to fix wow. However, they want to fix what they think would work without the actually exssperince to back it up? so see the problem? They might have good ideas. That might work and might not work. No one really knows because tehy lack teh exspeince to back it up.
1) I can agree with some of what you said. I’ve run about 6 heroics on my main and from 1 LFR and WQ drops heroics don’t even give me upgrades unless they forge. This feels bad - as I’m only through 2 zones and already outgearing Heroic Dungeons.

2) in my humble, casual opinion, the problem is pacing of gear upgrade drops (too much too quickly) and the scale. They went through all this trouble to squish 110 levels of game play to 200 ilvl and then in the next 10 levels (1st tier) we double that? That’s insane! It’s unrewarding because you outgear content too quickly.

3) don’t post your streamer spam here. This would have been a good thread with more productive discussion if you weren’t intent on trying to get your internet crush’s attention.
@Djarro

11/06/2018 06:37 AMPosted by Djarro
1) I can agree with some of what you said. I’ve run about 6 heroics on my main and from 1 LFR and WQ drops heroics don’t even give me upgrades unless they forge. This feels bad - as I’m only through 2 zones and already outgearing Heroic Dungeons.

At this point its assumed you would start going into mythic dungeons to get the gear, then into M+ followed by normal raids. You are only suppose to do heroic dungeons until you out gear them.
Asmongold fans are more canceruous than that skinny kultiran.
11/06/2018 06:24 AMPosted by Asmonisright
/push

Reported for spamming.
11/06/2018 05:27 AMPosted by Kîlljøy
11/06/2018 05:20 AMPosted by Crusti

The only one messing up your playtime is you. I dont need to read this topic again, because you aren't posting anything that hasn't been said many times before. You're calling for a YouTube streamer to come save your game, but he has no control over it. If you hadn't noticed, he has his army of idiots !@#$%ing about what he wants them to ^-*!@ about, and nothing has changed. Then you come in, spouting the same nonsense about other people ruining your game, but keep it confined to what, heroic/mythic raiding?

If your guild mates, and the gear they wear, are that big of a problem, first d a new guild. If you're mad because the pigs you get into have people you dont think deserve the gear they are wearing, blame yourself. If you are doing high level content with anything less than guild mates, you are to blame for all of your troubles. If someone in your guild gets an awesome TF item, and you can't be happy for them, also your problem.

This entire thread was made to say how YOU dont think others deserve what they get, but what YOU want doesn't matter even a tiny bit to me, or the people I talk to, or the randos I play with in LFD/LFR. If you dont like something, and it's not beating your face in, ignore it. People would have a much better time in this game if they just minded their own #$%^ing business. Stop worrying about others, because it won't change your gameplay. Just because you dont think I should have a 390 weapon from a warfront chest, doesn't automatically take it away from me, and only serves to fuel your misguided aggression towards what YOU say it should be. I've stopped caring about the gear others have, and it's so much better to play for the past ten years.

Get over yourself, and be happy people get lucky rolls. Stop being bitter because you're jealous. Get off of your high horse and play the video game, or walk away. No one cares about your vision for the game. I also dont like TF/WF, but I'm not going to belittle the people that get lucky. Grow up.

Spoken like a true casual posting on a lvl 29.

good job living on the forums to troll people.

Is that your only arguement, no lifer? Can't make a valid arguement against me, so you have to try and discredit logic? If casual is a way of saying I dont live my life on a video game, I wear that badge with honor. When people call others casual, that's just another way of saying "I'm a basement dweller, that lets mommy and daddy pay for things, despite making money of my own (I would hope)." If you can't beat 'emotions, swing wildly and hope they run away.

Doesn't others in your group getting better equipment make that next run easier, making it easier for you to get gear? No, it enrages the no lifers. It makes people that sit around all day, inspecting other people angry, and jealous. If inspect was removed from the game, I promise this would not be talked about as much. The problem is busybodies needing to cause problems with things they don't agree with. Try not inspecting others for a week, and see where it gets you. Better yet, go outside and have some interactions that don't have anything to do with a video game. I know, that smell is strange, but it's just trees and grass, you'll get used to it.
Why not just let developers develop the game?
Why not just play the game the way you want and have fun?
Why not just let others play how they want and let them have fun?

Its the OPs attitude and focus on others that is causing the problem.
11/06/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Verconcia
well as a dirty filthy casual/ colourblind handicpaaed player... there is one problem with your logic. I CANT play +6 mythics. I cant even do mythic 0 lol but is my 18 $ a month worth less than yours just because I cant play as you do?

>you can, I am not a good player and I never claimed to be

If this game ever went back to "you arent able to play unless you can get mechanics right" elitist attitude

>It never was like that and it never will

I think its a descent mix of us dirty filthy casuals and you hardcore players that make a WHOLE cummunity

>This is very true and a good balance always keeps a good and healthy community

And before you start with the "come on its not that hard.." think of it this way. I pay my money to be entertained... not frustrated, not banging my head on the keyboard.. to be entertained. As long as you are entertained as well then they have accomplished their goal.

>There would be no change for you whatsover, you still would be able to expirience the game the way you did before. I have a question for you: Do you feel entertained getting somewhere people expect you to perform a certain way, even if it is hc dungeons, and you get flamed, because you made mistakes? My suggestion would actually help you not be against you, even as a casual to still proggress your character and feel accomplished on top of that....

11/06/2018 05:10 AMPosted by Wrathu
Oh sure, you don’t care. You wrote the thread for asmon, your one true love! Then why are you responding to all the hate? You guys are blowing up your own threads. Well played I guess.

>I never said I loved him, but he has a clue on what is going on, since he loves the game and actually plays it. Sure for someone who only casually logs in and does some wqs and lfr/hc-dungeons, the game might seem fine, because there is enough for you to do playing 2-3 hours a week. For us more engaged players, there is not. If you would have red my post without actively try to feel offended and attacked, you would see that it would actually benefit you too in the long run.....
11/06/2018 05:31 AMPosted by Krysteen
I earn what I get by participating: by paying my sub, by working my way through the expansion, by working with and supporting the great people in my guild, by earning gold and making stuff and completing puzzles and getting achievements and otherwise being a part of the active players of this wonderful game. I don't have and should not have to meet some sort of criteria or standard that suits you.

>Please read carefully, the criteria and standard you speak of are already there, i did not advocate to implement anything like that.
>Everyone has his own reasons, why he plays the game and unless you are statisfied to stop at a certain level and only farm useless geaer untill the next conent patch comes out, this change would actually benefit you
>>once again please read carefully and try to understand why i wrote this post
Asmon..is he the one that waits 3 months for others to complain and give their opinion...then give his by copy/pasting what everyone else said already? For months?

Then everyone pretends he had such deep insights?
11/06/2018 08:28 AMPosted by Demoniac
Why not just let developers develop the game?

>I never said, I want these changes and I want them the way I imagine them to be, or I will unsub!

Why not just play the game the way you want and have fun?

>I try and it is very hard, because I see the frustration and anger around me, as I explained in my post... you seem to not have read it at all

Why not just let others play how they want and let them have fun?

> I never suggested to change how others play the game...please read

Its the OPs attitude and focus on others that is causing the problem.

> I even said, that other players do not affect me at all and I could not care less, but I love the game and other players are crucial for the game to survive, so I love other players aswell. Why else do you think I would spend a tremendous ammount of time on writing OP and all the answers in this thread... Please read!
11/06/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Crusti
Is that your only arguement, no lifer? Can't make a valid arguement against me, so you have to try and discredit logic? If casual is a way of saying I dont live my life on a video game, I wear that badge with honor. When people call others casual, that's just another way of saying "I'm a basement dweller, that lets mommy and daddy pay for things, despite making money of my own (I would hope)." If you can't beat 'emotions, swing wildly and hope they run away.

>You are doing the same here, dont you see? Almost everyone is a casual player, including myself.

Doesn't others in your group getting better equipment make that next run easier, making it easier for you to get gear?

>Nobody claimed otherwise and what OP suggested would even help this even more!

Better yet, go outside and have some interactions that don't have anything to do with a video game. I know, that smell is strange, but it's just trees and grass, you'll get used to it.

>please, in your entire post you have done the same you accused him of doing. Could we all just focus on how to improove the game please?
11/06/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Akston
Then everyone pretends he had such deep insights?

>I hate to be the fanboy here, but he actually pointed the problems out as soon as he noticed them ingame
-Example: he did not wait untill now to complain about lfr, he did it back in cata

What are you trying to accomplish smearing someone with false informatioin?
11/06/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Hujja
The other problem is people who have very little exssperince in gaming world trying to sell their ideas. If they had such good ideas. Then why not make a game based on those ideas and make money off it. See the conundrum? They say they want to fix wow. However, they want to fix what they think would work without the actually exssperince to back it up? so see the problem? They might have good ideas. That might work and might not work. No one really knows because tehy lack teh exspeince to back it up.

> You are absolutely right, and I would absolutely agree with you if OP demanded those changes, instead of suggesting them.
>OP did not demand to get me on the developer team nor did OP say, that he has all those qualities you spoke of.
>Yes I am merely a player speaking from my heart and nothing less, I genuinely try my best even if it is in vain, I mean what else do i have to do, ingame? nothing besides mythic raiding really....
11/06/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Roxxùs
11/06/2018 03:09 AMPosted by Asmonisright
1) Reward players with loot they deserve, based on the hardest content they have succeeded and not itemlevel of their current gear. Example: I have done only mythic+0 and some lfr so the reward i should get would be around ilvl 345-350 max. So instead of going into a warfront and getting free 370ilvl i would get a 350ilvl piece. This will push players to actually follow the game mechanics, create own groups and get better at the game. Furthermore it would reward players, who actually ding 120 and instantly clear +6 and above keys with faster gearing expirience and greater feeling of being rawarded because of the difficulty someone has done and not the "every body gets a trophy day".

I was actually thinking of somethign like this, but I took it in a different direction. You get gear at an ilvl revelevent to the content you have cleared on your character. Example would be, if your character cleared Heroic Ghuun, ilvl rewards for world quests would scale up to about 370. Not all WQs, but ones like azerite gear caches, and certain boss ones, minus the world boss. That stays at the static ilvl.
Same thing for say M+ dungeons. But it wouldn't be as simple as just clearign say a +11 and all of a sudden you have a much higher ilvl reward for WQs, you need to own the keystone that cleared that +10 or higher within time to receive the bonus.
I would also think PvP rewards would stay the same, however I don't pvp so I don't really know much about the rewards there.

What my system would do is simply encourages players to do harder content, and the reward is better rewards for doing the easier solo content. You still need to clear the content on hard, but by then you are at the skill level to require those higher ilvls to justify needing them.

>this exactly as i wanted it to be, but maybe I failed to say it in a manner it would be undestood, thank you for your contrubution, very nice
you piss and moan about the gear casual players have to grind to get and run mass amounts of game content., oh the grind. but as a raider you just keep running the same content over and over again same bosses same mechanics, then whine about a player that runs the game content solo wanting gear, or to be able to craft gear. are you stupid!! (that was a statement not a question), casual players running game content have just as much right to high end gear as the rest of you do we pay our subs!!! PEACE OUT...
11/06/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Asmonisright

>You are doing the same here, dont you see? Almost everyone is a casual player, including myself.

Doesn't others in your group getting better equipment make that next run easier, making it easier for you to get gear?

>Nobody claimed otherwise and what OP suggested would even help this even more!

Better yet, go outside and have some interactions that don't have anything to do with a video game. I know, that smell is strange, but it's just trees and grass, you'll get used to it.

>please, in your entire post you have done the same you accused him of doing. Could we all just focus on how to improove the game please?

My arguement is for not needing to morph the game into what I want. Tons of people enjoy the systems he is wanting changed, and until they voice otherwise, the OP is going against what they want. The person I was quoting in that post attacked with the standard non answer, that casuals dont matter. "Spoken like a true casual." Which can only lead me to believe that person sees themselves as a hardcore player, and my response was tailored to it.

What the OP is suggesting is making changes based on their opinion, and that of the people in here crying on a daily basis. What I am suggesting is actually thinking about the people happy with the game, with absolutely no need to come into the forums to see all of the people complaining. If they dont know there is a problem, they dont know to make their voices heard in these threads. And why would there be a problem in their minds? They are enjoying the game.

Until you know how everyone feels, you have no right to suggest changes based on what YOU want.