Burst vs Sustained

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Blizzard claims DH should have one of the BEST burst AOE DPS but fail to mention that with their burst cooldown (Eye Beam) coupled with other AOE abilities, they also have one of the best sustained DPS. What is the point of having a class that does sustained AOE but not burst? Why bring anything other than a DH for DPS in M+ when they are so much better in DPS than any other melee spec?
This is my biggest problem with balance in this game. Its not that one class does more damage, that should be expected. Its that a small hand full of classes excel at multiple types of damage dealing and have superior utility - while classes with less of both get nerfed and utility stripped. Its insane.

Balance isn't just about dps numbers - its making sure even if your spec isn't topping the charts it at least has something to offer - hopefully something more interesting than flat buffs.
For some reason, DH has been overtuned in pve and pvp, and blizzard avoids balancing them. Other classes and specs were nerfed immediately and harshly, but with DH they "need more data". Its a typical lie from blizzard.
Well see I won't lie I'm generally top for pve mythic and top 5 in raids, as for PvP I think we have really high damage.

My gripe with his straight up nerfing us isn't that it'll help us much, we have no utility, in PvP if we get targeted or even rooted we're dead basically. So they'd have to give us something if they nerf our damage which is all we got. In PvE all we bring is damage and the 5% ranged dmg.

I just feel as a class we have no utility besides darkness which is not even a good utility(rng sucks), so if they nerf us we need some sort or utility given to us, my opinion anyway
11/07/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Loeroth
Well see I won't lie I'm generally top for pve mythic and top 5 in raids, as for PvP I think we have really high damage.

My gripe with his straight up nerfing us isn't that it'll help us much, we have no utility, in PvP if we get targeted or even rooted we're dead basically. So they'd have to give us something if they nerf our damage which is all we got. In PvE all we bring is damage and the 5% ranged dmg.

I just feel as a class we have no utility besides darkness which is not even a good utility(rng sucks), so if they nerf us we need some sort or utility given to us, my opinion anyway

DH has excellent utility especially in pvp but in pve as well...
Add rogues on top of that too, they have the same issue as DH and the best utility/defensives in the game.
My gripe with his straight up nerfing us isn't that it'll help us much, we have no utility,

Uh. Darkness coupled with SLT is just insanely strong. Imprison is amazing in M+, esp for infested mobs. Chaos Nova stun makes handling ghuunies a joke. High mobility for dealing with mechanics. An immunity. Blade dance can be used to dodge certain mechanics like the dead shot in tol dagor..

Open your spell book, bud.
11/07/2018 08:58 AMPosted by Gurthäng
Add rogues on top of that too, they have the same issue as DH and the best utility/defensives in the game.

That's because Ion probably plays rogue. They're basically on top for anything. Anything that stopped them from being on top has been nerfed out of their way.
11/07/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Providence
For some reason, DH has been overtuned in pve and pvp, and blizzard avoids balancing them. Other classes and specs were nerfed immediately and harshly, but with DH they "need more data". Its a typical lie from blizzard.

You’re talking about Havoc, but remember DHs actually have two specs, and vengeance is not over powered and needs some talent reworks and tuning from blizzard.

It’s equivalent saying DK’s are so OP!!! Well Blood is definitely OP, but Frost and Unholy have issues that need to be addressed. Which I why I encourage everyone to be specific on which Spec you’re referring to when you make broad statements like this.