All mounts should be removed

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/07/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Dosao
I agree with OP. Running should be timegated for a quarter of the xpac behind rep grind. Let’s call this the Runfinder . Mounts should be timegated for another half of the xpac . This would be mountfider achievement . In the last 1 week of the xpac , flying should be opened . The pathfinder achievement .

Make the world super duper immersive.

Alternatively, a player could be granted the achievements by submitting evidence of a completed IRONMAN triathlon IRL.

Or, if they were only interested in one aspect, they could do a marathon for in-game running, a 112-mile bike race for ground mounts, and a 2.4-mile open-water swim if they want to enter water without drowning.

NO FLYING NOT EVER MUH IMMERSION
lol, to think this thread is even a thing makes me laugh. you ma'am, sir, thing, it, whatever you are, you're ridiculous. you might as well quit the game if you have that kind of mindset.
stop they will take this and run with it. making things worse.
The new world is small, and more recently quests are all but on top of each other.

11/07/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Duskwraith
We need to add a turtle mount

We can't, it's too busy balancing the world on its back...
I agree with OP. Running should be timegated for a quarter of the xpac behind rep grind. Let’s call this the Runfinder . Mounts should be timegated for another half of the xpac . This would be mountfider achievement . In the last 1 week of the xpac , flying should be opened . The pathfinder achievement .

Alternatively, they could have an achievement for 'Life-finder', whereby you complete each component of the game that's ruining the WoW experience, until you've completed them all, give up playing WoW and go back outside.
Those who want to be immersed and explore should have this!!
No, you guys still have not gone far enough.

Our avatars do not sleep, eat, use the restroom, or shower.
Make Blizzard put in a sleep mechanic, in order for our characters to get their stamina back up.
Then a eating period, you have to have 3 square meals in order to operate efficiently and not die.
Then our characters have to go in order to relieve themselves from all the food they have eaten.
Then our characters have to shower, so they do not stink up the game.

Wait, there's more.
We can not run all the time, we would get tired and need to rest.
We can not walk, because after a while, we would get tired of walking and need to rest yet again.

Okay, but what about other things?
How do we have enough strength and stamina to take down those big raid bosses? One stomp and slap from those guys and we would die. We need to import an instant death for those guys. One kick or slap and we should be flatten.

Get rid of our mounts? Are you kidding me? The world is big enough and we have too many time mechanics in this fantasy game as it is. Why do you want to increase it? If you want a game where you have stuff like that, then go out into the real world. Sooner or later you will say forget that, I will not complain about WOW for having mounts.
But I never argued for realism, my concerns are purely gameplay based. I just want this game to be as good as it can be. Sometimes changes might not be popular, but they could still be in our best interest. Players are way too obsessed with what they want, even when it's objectively obvious using math and stuff that they're wrong.
11/07/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Seleyn
But I never argued for realism, my concerns are purely gameplay based. I just want this game to be as good as it can be. Sometimes changes might not be popular, but they could still be in our best interest. Players are way too obsessed with what they want, even when it's objectively obvious using math and stuff that they're wrong.
oops
11/07/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Seleyn
11/07/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Eladrick
Feck off i like collecting my mounts. I'm only 38 away from 400. Soundsl ike you are just mad invincible or something hasn't dropped for you.

For a start, I do have that mount. It sure is a shame there's no way of checking for yourself. But really, in what way would me having a small collection of mounts refute my logical arguments about why they are bad for the game? Should I collect more of them in order to better argue that they are bad?

To be fair, I have seen people trolling, claiming they always hated flying. But an inspection of their armory showed 350 mounts.

They put an awful lot of work into something that they claim they hated and thought was bad for the game, now didn't they?
As a possible solution could you roll a gnome?

If as you claim there is a causal relationship between world size and immersion then theoretically the smaller you get the more immersive it will be!

Quick, pass me that shrink ray!
11/07/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Azzuli
You know what? Walking should be removed. Add crawling. Have it be 50% less than walking speed. While we're at it, let's go back to raiding hogger.
if they did remove Mount's then you would see less ppl on aka no more raid/heroic's/mythic's/pvp. it would be a Dead game.

You're more than welcome to not use a mount if that makes the world feel better to you, but I don't need that choice made for me simply because you feel that way. Mounts have been in the game since it started and just like they learned with flying, there isn't really a good way to go back from that once the box was opened.

For the record, I feel like this is a sarcastic post that has something to do with flying. I am fine with pathfinder as long as they don't make the requirements too difficult. Since the objectives are mostly covered by just playing the game it's fine.
11/07/2018 12:08 AMPosted by Seleyn
They increase our speed. As we all know, Distance = Speed * Time. Therefore moving faster literally decreases the size of the world.

A smaller world is good for no one. There's less to do in a smaller world, less to explore. It's less immersive. This is literally and objectively true, anyone with a physics textbook can verify this.
Next patch we remove you legs, SO try crawling, oh we also remove arms, Try useing you head to get around or rolling, Also there rocky Cliff around you with spike fall, have fun.
They increase our speed. As we all know, Distance = Speed * Time. Therefore moving faster literally decreases the size of the world.

I hate to mess with your "scientific" rant here, but the velocity of object A in travel around area B has no bearing on the size of area B.

By your "logic" (again, those pesky quotes), you could increase the size of your own WoW world by just walking everywhere.

Neat, why don't you go for that. Turn on that RP walk and be more scientastic.
11/08/2018 02:55 AMPosted by Breakbeat

I hate to mess with your "scientific" rant here, but the velocity of object A in travel around area B has no bearing on the size of area B.

By your "logic" (again, those pesky quotes), you could increase the size of your own WoW world by just walking everywhere.

you destroyed him XD hats off to you sir, you won the internetz for today
11/08/2018 02:55 AMPosted by Breakbeat

This Post = Drop the Mic moment.
coming from the guy who can't do simple math.