For Zandalari Locks Ya Gotta Speak Up

Warlock
If Legion taught us anything, it's that speaking up pays off. I think it can be reversed.

There are a lot of ways in which this was a bad decision that I doubt Blizzard can argue with.

There is the bait and switch of all official material up to and including blizzcon showing Zandalari Warlocks as a possibility.

There is mocking the ridiculous justification that we had to be bumped for paladins (either lett ZTs be all non-hero classes nor dont give Paladins something, neither are the end of the world).

There's the fact that ZTs being monks (or I guess their version of a monk) is incredibly lore unfriendly due to their mutual hate with Pandarens. I think every race can be a monk now, which seems silly to me, and certainly deflates concerns about ZTs being too many classes.

There is the existence of Zandalari Warlocks in game AND an explanation for how it could work.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Al%27tabim_the_All-Seeing

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Demoniac

And probably more I am forgetting.

I think they want the loa to be the patrons of each class. But honestly what that will mean is the player goes to meet a loa, quest for them, get powers, and then eventually this peters out and normal questing becomes the norm.
For a warlock it wouldnt be different, just instead of a loa you make some secret ritual site to do the aforementioned demon binding. Still an otherworldly power source.

BUT ABOVE ALL, this was all but promised and then reneged at the last moment. And it was a big feature of BFA and it would give the Horde two races that can be Warlock instead of one (which many are disappointed in on its own)

Youtuber pyromancer voices a lot of the same complaints I have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yp_nWzEe8E

The official "no fel connection" explanation is weak. Kul Tirans can be Druids without a connection to the Emerald Dream.
Yeah we need to up vote this!
11/08/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Tresextas

This article has already been retconed. They sound more like Demon Hunters...that's exactly what Illidan taught the other demon hunters - how to absorb demons and enslave them from within.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Al%27tabim_the_All-Seein

And this dude was a plot device turned outcast.

The official "no fel connection" explanation is weak. Kul Tirans can be Druids without a connection to the Emerald Dream.

Their druid forms are "primiative" and don't take on the form of the the typical druid aspects or the Loa spirits like the Dark Spears or Zandalari. But there forms definitely look like they've spent a few too many hullicinations in the Spirit Realm (aka Emerald Dream).

I'm standing with you - but we're not gonna win this with today's lore. Dark Spear couldn't be warlocks at first either - but after spending alot of time in Orc camps - they started to get hip to the voodoo dat deh do. Maybe it will happen again in the future.

#ForsakenForever
"Warlocks tread dangerous ground in dealing with demons, but our demoniacs take this one step further. Through an ancient and arcane ritual, they allow a demon to enter their being. Rather than let it possess them though, they enslave the demon from the inside, absorbing the power of the beast for their own command. It is a feat few are ever able to master."

"For you to learn of the power of the demoniac, I must have Paragons of Power from Zul'Gurub. Go there and retrieve that which we seek. "

This is a quest text from a Zandalari Troll Al'tabim in Vanilla wow
I mean they kinda already said lore wise these new trolls have had no encounter with fel magic soooooo. Yea they won’t be lock because they don’t know fel magic or deal with it
Fel Magic isn't the only magic locks use or are associated with. Locks don't use Fel Magic until you receive the Codex of Xerrath. Locks use a multitude of magic types.
Shadow Magic, Blood Magic, Sacrificial Magic. All of which Trolls of all tribes are known to use.
11/08/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Greazzy
I mean they kinda already said lore wise these new trolls have had no encounter with fel magic soooooo. Yea they won’t be lock because they don’t know fel magic or deal with it
Here's the funny thing.

They used lore as the reason, but fact is:
1, Demoniac is retconned out of their history, despite showing a minimal presence in OG ZG.
2, There's no existing or even past history that connects Zandalari with Monks, other than Zandalari left a mark bad enough in Pandaren history that they are the boogeyman for pandarens.

If they want to make Zandalari more of a 'holier' version of Trolls than Darkspear - Oh sure, that makes a super easy way to make them different. Not that the slouched back is visible enough.

How about explaining their ancient alliance with Mogu, which are known for Blood and Shadowy magics?

'I'm a holy troll. So the dark magics of Mogu complete my lack of a dark side, like Negative to my Positive?'
For real, Blizzard? After almost a year telling us we would be able to be warlocks as Zandalari's and you tell us that we won't almost on the release of the allied race? Do you know how many people pre-purchased the race change and even faction change service just to be a Zandalari warlock? Dude, this is a HUGE disrespect. We WANT Zandalari warlocks!!!!!

This article has already been retconed. They sound more like Demon Hunters...that's exactly what Illidan taught the other demon hunters - how to absorb demons and enslave them from within.

(rest is snipped)

The Demoniacs are fel spellcasters, whether it is similar to Demon Hunter or not is not totally relevant since they are also changing the power source for paladins, druids, etc to patron loa.

It's also less bad than essentially saying the Demoniacs dont even exist, which is what they are doing now.

And if we want to go further, it shows they arent against using fel which is the entire question Blizzard has raised.

Good points, glad you made them but this fight is winnable if you know that Blizzardo is arbitrarily deciding when and how they change the lore, presumably just to do what they already wanted.

When they dont want to do something the lore becomes extremely strict, they become strict textualists, when they do want to do something the lore is a living document. And honestly, that quest would suggest we have greatly surpassed Zandalari Demoniacs in power since Classic. The only way I can see the Demoniac power source mattering is if Demoniacs should be way stronger than Warlocks, but lore power levels have always taken a backseat to in-game representation and at this point Warlocks are absurdly powerful relative to a Demoniac anyway.

11/08/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Lujàn
Fel Magic isn't the only magic locks use or are associated with. Locks don't use Fel Magic until you receive the Codex of Xerrath. Locks use a multitude of magic types.
Shadow Magic, Blood Magic, Sacrificial Magic. All of which Trolls of all tribes are known to use.

yea, if anything we graduate to using fel to augement already verboten magicks
The whole "not connected to fel magic" argument is stupid and if you're actually supporting that argument, you're ridiculous.

Tell me all the races that can play warlock besides orcs and blood elves that are "connected to fel magic"

I'll wait.

To add: If Zandalari can be monks, than they can be Warlocks. The nightborne weren't connected to fel magic prior to Legion. The nightborne weren't connected to monkism prior to legion.

There is more than enough evidence to support that a race can learn a class even though they have no connection to it prior. (See Cata's new class/race combos, see Zandalari demoniacs and other Zandalari dabbling in fel)

This is just poor judgment on Blizzard's part.
11/08/2018 08:48 PMPosted by Felears
The whole "not connected to fel magic" argument is stupid and if you're actually supporting that argument, you're ridiculous.

Tell me all the races that can play warlock besides orcs and blood elves that are "connected to fel magic"

I'll wait.

To add: If Zandalari can be monks, than they can be Warlocks. The nightborne weren't connected to fel magic prior to Legion. The nightborne weren't connected to monkism prior to legion.

There is more than enough evidence to support that a race can learn a class even though they have no connection to it prior. (See Cata's new class/race combos, see Zandalari demoniacs and other Zandalari dabbling in fel)

This is just poor judgment on Blizzard's part.

Upvote this comment!!!!
Seems Meta Demo needs to make a comeback for this to work.

Count me in
Well, they deleted the large "Petition/Discussion Give us Zandalari Warlocks" thread in general discussion unfortunately.

I was going to race change immediately. Pretty disappointed if they don't give them to us like they said months ago.
11/08/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Greazzy

How did those Zandalari pirates learn fel immolate, drain soul, etc in Voldun then?

How have Zandalari NPCs known shadow bolt, shadow bolt volley, etc?

How do Zandalari become monks and learn mistweaving magics if the Pandaren hate them?

How did Orcs become mages? They taught themselves despite no connection to being mages? Oh, erm, I guess Zandalari have some sort of learning disability where they can't be taught things? But then how did they learn to be monks....ah forget it, makes total sense!
Please post here (unofficial Zandalari warlock discussion):

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677#1

If you title it using the word petition, or use the word in your post, they will delete it.
Any Warlock reading this, please voice your opinion in that thread.
I spoke up in the only way they truly listen to cancelled my account, making a z lock was only reason i kept my account active for this trash expansion.
11/09/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Aarreder
I spoke up in the only way they truly listen to cancelled my account, making a z lock was only reason i kept my account active for this trash expansion.

#ForsakenForever
11/09/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Aarreder

Same I think

11/09/2018 06:02 AMPosted by Ashfinger
Please post here (unofficial Zandalari warlock discussion):

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769559677#1

If you title it using the word petition, or use the word in your post, they will delete it.
Any Warlock reading this, please voice your opinion in that thread.

Post in here!