If you Betray Sylvanas you will Regret Later

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
WoW Creative Director

We have quest lines going in patch 8.1 whether to betray Sylvanas or not.
Once you play a choice like that, we'll see what comes of that, if you're right or wrong.

It would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.

There's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet.

Go ahead betray her, but don't cry here later after you picked the wrong decision.
idc what happens at this point lol
11/09/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Pogoo
Go ahead betray her, but don't cry here later after you picked the wrong decision.

Or just pick both different options on two toons, and explore both variations. Which is what anyone with any sense will do.
I wish they would go this in depth with the alliance every quote ive seen on this forums is all about sylvannas I mean damn. I wonder if this is their way of alluding to sylvannas winning the war...which would be totally crappy.
11/09/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Pogoo
WoW Creative Director

We have quest lines going in patch 8.1 whether to betray Sylvanas or not.
Once you play a choice like that, we'll see what comes of that, if you're right or wrong.

It would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.

There's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet.

She'll be more than a raid boss, she's going to die in a cutscene. Better.
11/09/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Andrin
I wish they would go this in depth with the alliance every quote ive seen on this forums is all about sylvannas I mean damn.

agreed, they should give the alliance a choice to ditch anduin alltogether and join the much cooler night elf campaign instead
Don't care. I would stand with my orc brother over that foul undead witch any day.
There literally won't be any repercussions for players who choose Saurfang over Sylvanas. Like, seriously, what would they do? Have Sylvanas kill the traitors and perma-kill the players' characters? Force them to faction change to the Alliance? Take all their sweet loot?

At the end of the day, the players must keep on playing, so they will be able to continue to do so.
11/09/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Ayaani

Why not both?

No seriously though she'll be the Garrosh/Gul'dan of this expansion to lead us into the next.
11/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Kreivos
Don't care. I would stand with my orc brother over that foul undead witch any day.

Not an Orc, but I feel much the same way. Even if it turns out that I end up losing later on, at least I'll have been able to go against her in some small way.
I bet the story stays the same no matter what and all you miss out on is a toy.
11/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Swiftraven
11/09/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Andrin
I wish they would go this in depth with the alliance every quote ive seen on this forums is all about sylvannas I mean damn.

agreed, they should give the alliance a choice to ditch anduin alltogether and join the much cooler night elf campaign instead

That would be awesome...BUT it would require blizzard to give the alliance something other than the bare minimum effort and well...that just isn't going to happen unless thiers a major shakeup within that dev team.

Lol no she won't.

They already confirmed Sylvanas will go on beyond the following expacs with the last line. She's warcraft's protagonist.
11/09/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Kwenthryth

Lol no she won't.

They already confirmed Sylvanas will go on beyond the following expacs with the last line. She's warcraft's protagonist.

Imagine having an evil genocidal zombie who likes to burn children alive as your protagonist.

Blizzard cannot get more edgy than this.
It's not betrayal. I never agreed with anything Sylvanas has ever done or asked the horde to do.
Ill be truly amazed if blizzard actually puts in the extra effort to allow a second alternative to the current story narrative for the horde. Then again, the whole Altruis and Kayn decision for demon hunters went absolutely no where after the broken shore patch, so I'm not expecting much.
Does it bother anyone else that when Sylvanas burned down a city filled with helpless civilians, the Horde didn't get an option to betray her, but the second we get an opportunity to actually work against her, suddenly there are choices?

Blizzard's Sylvanas bias is showing.
11/09/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Ayaani
Imagine having an evil genocidal zombie who likes to burn children alive as your protagonist.

Blizzard cannot get more edgy than this.

They even edged out HotS which was their "Smash bros" silly game and is now a super dark story where a king is cursed to turn into a dragon, murders his own children and then is killed by his wife who later gets murdered by the raven lord, who is killing entire kingdoms of people.

Blizz writers watched GoT and thought killing = good writing.

11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Zanthrak

Afrasiabi literally said today that she's "more" than any other character. Seems they fantasy about her in many ways.
11/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Swiftraven

Hey, it is a first step. Just a little bit of strife. Maybe someone can actually make something interesting happen ally side. For the record, I'll side with Tyrande.
11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Zanthrak
Does it bother anyone else that when Sylvanas burned down a city filled with helpless civilians, the Horde didn't get an option to betray her, but the second we get an opportunity to actually work against her, suddenly there are choices?

Yeah, would've been nice if we had that option before the burning happened.

But something tells me it would've been an illusion of choice and won't matter much in the end.