If you Betray Sylvanas you will Regret Later

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
11/09/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Salyena
Ill be truly amazed if blizzard actually puts in the extra effort to allow a second alternative to the current story narrative for the horde. Then again, the whole Altruis and Kayn decision for demon hunters went absolutely no where after the broken shore patch, so I'm not expecting much.
Other than changing a few lines of flavor text depending on which side you pick, the most I can see happening in the future is them introducing a toy that's exclusive to those that side with Sylvanas. Of course, the fact that you only get the cloak toy if you side with Saurfang means they've already put more consequence into the choice than I had expected.
11/09/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Andrraste
11/09/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Swiftraven
agreed, they should give the alliance a choice to ditch anduin alltogether and join the much cooler night elf campaign instead

Hey, it is a first step. Just a little bit of strife. Maybe someone can actually make something interesting happen ally side. For the record, I'll side with Tyrande.

I think 99% of Alliance players would side with Tyrande lol
I'm going to go ahead and side with saurfang because I think its the more interesting choice and I don't like her so my character will be happy, just this once.... or twice, to screw with her plans
She failed to kill the LK she losing the war. She's an all-around failure.

We need new leadership in The Horde and my vote is for Borg Gnome.
I already betrayed her, I rolled Alliance.
11/09/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Pogoo
WoW Creative Director

Go ahead betray her, but don't cry here later after you picked the wrong decision.

She'll be more than a raid boss, she's going to die in a cutscene. Better.

If Sylvanas ever did die, I'd rather have her die in a well created cutscene than become a raid boss.
I'll dabble in both on alts but still full blown team Saurfang and Zappy Boi
Is it just me, or is OP making up the meaning of what was said?
WoW Creative Director

Go ahead betray her, but don't cry here later after you picked the wrong decision.

She'll be more than a raid boss, she's going to die in a cutscene. Better.

Sylvanas doesn't even deserve a cutscene tbf. That hag's death will only be fitting when it's offscreen and with little to no fanfare. As well as the systemic removal of the forsaken.
Too late, already don't care.
Sylvanas gets my vote!
Hehehe Don't Care I stand by surfang For the True horde
Pretty sure I won't, because they can't fix the damage they've already done with this trash writing.
11/09/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Andrin
I wish they would go this in depth with the alliance every quote ive seen on this forums is all about sylvannas I mean damn. I wonder if this is their way of alluding to sylvannas winning the war...which would be totally crappy.

Oh, don’t worry. We already got our fancy emotional quest.

“Save 1000 People but haha screw you you always lose”
WoW Creative Director

We have quest lines going in patch 8.1 whether to betray Sylvanas or not.
Once you play a choice like that, we'll see what comes of that, if you're right or wrong.

It would be dismissive to think she'll just go down as another raid boss, because she's a little bit more than that.

There's a lot more to Sylvanas' story that hasn't been told yet.

Do you imagine they would do something as stupid as locking people out of serious content if the make the "wrong" choice? You will either have questlines with sylvanas, suarfang, or everyone will get the same quests (after the initial choice).
Friends, this is the true canon choice for Horde players:
https://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=54755/not-my-table#comments

Objective
Head to the Steam Pools, obtain a burger and a beverage, and lay out in the sun.

Description
<You have decided to neither follow Zekhan to Swamp of Sorrows, nor report this event back to Sylvanas. Instead, you find yourself longing to spend a sun-soaked afternoon relaxing, and you know just the spot. Sometimes, it's nice to let others take care of things.>
I'm going to pick the option that best aligns with the character I'm playing and their choice, as I always do. Some will side with her, some won't.

I'm interesting in seeing where it goes, in either direction.
For the Dark Lady!
Ok, I am still going to side with Saurfang because Sylvannas is a poor warchief with her own agenda in mind that don't gives 2 !@#$s about the other members of the horde and barely cares for her forsaken.
If she isn't going to become a raid boss I am fine with her stepping down as warchief and being booed by every other member of the horde, gtfo with this morally grey bull%^-*.
I can handle her battle tactics at Dark Shore & Lordaeron. I can understand her reasons to fight...

But spoilers, raising the dead like she is doing lately is pretty damn dark....

I do not know what side to choose for once I feel torn between this all.