$10 VIP initial access - solve for sharding

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9
I'll do you one better.

First month of WoW Classic is $60. If you are actively subscribed until the 6 month mark you get refunded $60...

Not only does that reward dedicated players by making their first month free, it let's them play earlier than others.

Then make the second month $30 with the same deal..essentially paying second monthers two free months. And if you joined the first month you pay $15 with no refund for this month.

On the third month the subscription is $15 from then onwards.
11/13/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Charax
11/13/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Thèón
Why pay extra for an easier and older version of the game we have now?

That’s the whole idea of this thread, chief. It’s to dissuade people that enjoy the QoL retail slop from gumming up our servers and having Blizzard implement their sharding garbage to accomodate them.

I certainly want some of these tourist “why should I pay extra”? Don’t. You weren’t planning on being part of the community anyways.

Uhh... I was planning on being apart of the Classic community until I found out how toxic the community was. Why should I pay extra though? I already bought Vanilla when it was retail and have been playing since. Hell, I should be getting some kind of VIP membership for free because of how loyal a customer I am.

Sharding is good( for starting zones), it stops the tourist rush from being too difficult to handle. It stops them from needing to make a VIP early access.

I am fine paying for a buy one get one free deal. If there was a buy Diablo Immortal, get Warcraft 3 Reforged for free deal I would do it only for WC3. That's exactly what I'm doing with my WoW sub. Using it for Classic and not retail.

You sound like you want Classic to fail. Dissuade the tourist who are going to make up the majority playerbase from playing. Good job helping the "retail trolls" kill Classic.
11/13/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Thèón
Uhh... I was planning on being apart of the Classic community until I found out how toxic the community was. Why should I pay extra though? I already bought Vanilla when it was retail and have been playing since. Hell, I should be getting some kind of VIP membership for free because of how loyal a customer I am.

*Looks through your Feat of Strengths/Legacy, notes nothing earlier than 2016*.

You’re not a Vanilla player, or at least your account isn’t. Either way, that invalidates your argument that you paid for Vanilla on an account you still have access to.

Now not planning on playing Vanilla because the community is toxic? That’s funny. I read a small handful of threads and you keep on popping up to say “lol Classic is really easy lololol”.

I’m not stupid. You’re just here to do low grade trolling of the Classic community. Move off to another thread so you can trot out your simple line again. Maybe you’ll catch a minnow. Good luck.
11/13/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Ezkatka
I'll do you one better.

First month of WoW Classic is $60. If you are actively subscribed until the 6 month mark you get refunded $60...

Not only does that reward dedicated players by making their first month free, it let's them play earlier than others.

Then make the second month $30 with the same deal..essentially paying second monthers two free months. And if you joined the first month you pay $15 with no refund for this month.

On the third month the subscription is $15 from then onwards.

That’s a bit too complicated and unrealistic.
If you guys are in such a desperate need to get ripped off then I got a few games that I can recommend.
11/13/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Charax

*Looks through your Feat of Strengths/Legacy, notes nothing earlier than 2016*.

You’re not a Vanilla player, or at least your account isn’t. Either way, that invalidates your argument that you paid for Vanilla on an account you still have access to.

Now not planning on playing Vanilla because the community is toxic? That’s funny. I read a small handful of threads and you keep on popping up to say “lol Classic is really easy lololol”.

I’m not stupid. You’re just here to do low grade trolling of the Classic community. Move off to another thread so you can trot out your simple line again. Maybe you’ll catch a minnow. Good luck.

My vanilla account got hacked in WoD and blizzard banned it. I couldn't prove it wasn't me buying gold from a 3rd party website so they banned me. What else could I have done other than say, "it wasn't me?" I understood and got back in during Legion and bought a bunch of boosts to get my main classes back. My main realm was Misha and I had an orc Hunter as my main in the guild called The Galactic Empire.

Now, I never said I'm not playing Classic, I said I'm not apart of your community of toxicity. You do seem stupid because if you had read my posts then you would have seen where I asked them why they thought it was hard. Nobody even tried to tell me how it was hard. I wasn't making a joke out of it going "lololol" and if I am somehow trolling by sharing my thoughts and disagreeing with you then it seems I caught a minnow. You.
11/13/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Thèón
My vanilla account got hacked in WoD and blizzard banned it. I couldn't prove it wasn't me buying gold from a 3rd party website so they banned me. What else could I have done other than say, "it wasn't me?" I understood and got back in during Legion and bought a bunch of boosts to get my main classes back. My main realm was Misha and I had an orc Hunter as my main in the guild called The Galactic Empire.

Then why ask:

Why should I pay extra though? I already bought Vanilla when it was retail and have been playing since

Well, for you, apparently it’s because you or whoever bought gold and you don’t even have access to a Vanilla account.

Can’t you keep your story straight on the same page?

Hell, I should be getting some kind of VIP membership for free because of how loyal a customer I am.

I don’t think they would give out VIP membership when they apparently banned your account rofl.

‘Dis guy!
11/13/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Tohopkhan
If you guys are in such a desperate need to get ripped off then I got a few games that I can recommend.

In before BfA suggestion. :D
11/13/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Charax

Then why ask:

Why should I pay extra though? I already bought Vanilla when it was retail and have been playing since

Well, for you, apparently it’s because you or whoever bought gold and you don’t even have access to a Vanilla account.

Can’t you keep your story straight on the same page?

Hell, I should be getting some kind of VIP membership for free because of how loyal a customer I am.

I don’t think they would give out VIP membership when they apparently banned your account rofl.

‘Dis guy!

1. I don't think I should have to pay for Vanilla twice.

2. My story hasn't changed 1 bit, I only tell the parts people ask about.

3. I'm not the one asking for VIP membership at all. The OP is.

'Dis guy has no reading comprehension.
You’re not a Vanilla player, or at least your account isn’t.

In before "this is my brothers account" or "I lost my original account".

My vanilla account got hacked in WoD and blizzard banned it.

Hahaha, I was a step too late. Amazing how many trolls have magically lost access to their vanilla accounts.
11/13/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Brokenwind

Hahaha, I was a step too late. Amazing how many trolls have magically lost access to their vanilla accounts.

Sorry, but I can't magically tell hackers not to hack me. It sucks. I know people don't believe me and that's fine, but I know when I started playing. I lost a lot of progress because of that f***ing hacker.
11/13/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Thèón

Well, if Blizzard ever went ahead with this proposal and gave a freebie to those that purchased Vanilla, your Classic VIP access would be granted on your banned account.

GL with your appeals!

11/13/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Brokenwind

Right? Always a bunch of convoluted stories when people call them out on their armory. It’s almost like most Vanilla players were gold buying, account selling/sharing scumbags if we were to believe everyone’s story.
11/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Charax
11/13/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Thèón

Well, if Blizzard ever went ahead with this proposal and gave a freebie to those that purchased Vanilla, your Classic VIP access would be granted on your banned account.

GL with your appeals!

<span class="truncated">...</span>

<span class="truncated">...</span>

Right? Always a bunch of convoluted stories when people call them out on their armory. It’s almost like most Vanilla players were gold buying, account selling/sharing scumbags if we were to believe everyone’s story.

1. I gave up with appeals after they told me no back in WoD. :)

And yea, very convoluted that someone used my account to transfer gold from someone they bought it off of to their own. Wonder why my account was targeted, but oh well. Past is the past, I got all my toons back. :)
While I would not mind shelling out ~$100 for VIP/early access to a vanilla realm (and frequently do pay for early access/pre-order), I think it goes against the spirit of vanilla which was/is very much about collaboration and teamwork.

Modern wow is "you are the chosen one/hero/messiah", vanilla is "you are a peon/grunt/nobody in an exotic and harsh world, go forge your own adventure and become a hero".

Thats why vanilla wow is better for me, its an origin story of my character/experiences. Vanilla/TBC/wrath is the narrative A new hope/Empire Strikes back/Return of the Jedi.

(legion is rogue one, was surprising refreshing)

BFA is last jedi .
There are 9 pages of responses to this. I'm too lazy to read all of them, and I'm sure someone has already said this, but I genuinely don't think $10 is going to stop as many people as you think it would stop when everyone already pays $15 a month to play the game. $10 on top of that for a one-time deal is still cost-effective for the thrill of it.
It’s to dissuade people that enjoy the QoL retail slop from gumming up our servers

Blizzard doesn't want that. Retail players are just as good as Classic potential players, btw.

Blizzard implement their sharding

Going to happen regardless. Thank goodness.