Increasing rewards for WM less represented faction

General Discussion
We had better be allowed to merc over and kill people from the same faction if this is the case.

It's not an 'encouragement' if it forces a paid transfer to balance out WM.

"In Tides of Vengeance, the team is looking into offering some kind of increased rewards for the less-represented faction in War Mode, so the risk and reward are better calibrated.

Ion suspects that many Alliance players had bad experiences in War Mode in the beginning of the expansion and have turned off War Mode because of it.

The purpose of increased awards is to make up for the risk of being killed by the opposite faction, but they want to keep this on equal grounds, and their hope is that increasing the rewards of the less represented faction will encourage more people to activate War Mode when their faction is at a disadvantage."

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8158-Enhancement-Shaman-PTR-Changes-Forbes-Eurogamer-Interviews-Podcast-Interviews
There is not a reward big enough to make me turn it on.
Sure. Give the horde another way to get an even bigger reward by mercing over. Not sure that’s going to help.
The only good thing about it is some of the extra talents.
11/10/2018 11:37 AMPosted by Ragnaroll
We had better be allowed to merc over and kill people from the same faction if this is the case.

It's not an 'encouragement' if it forces a paid transfer to balance out WM.

"In Tides of Vengeance, the team is looking into offering some kind of increased rewards for the less-represented faction in War Mode, so the risk and reward are better calibrated.

Ion suspects that many Alliance players had bad experiences in War Mode in the beginning of the expansion and have turned off War Mode because of it.

The purpose of increased awards is to make up for the risk of being killed by the opposite faction, but they want to keep this on equal grounds, and their hope is that increasing the rewards of the less represented faction will encourage more people to activate War Mode when their faction is at a disadvantage."

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8158-Enhancement-Shaman-PTR-Changes-Forbes-Eurogamer-Interviews-Podcast-Interviews

Lol sure merc on over there. You'll come crawling back in about an hour.
I won't turn it on for any reward, there's no reward to justify 10v1 honorless campers. 10% or higher AP doesn't matter anyway, I play to have fun and gain 1 necklace level a week..it works for me.
I already disapprove of mercenary mode as is. I do NOT want to play with horde players pretending to be alliance. How would that even work? Pretend to be alliance for everything but raid and dungeons? Hell to the no.

The point of WM bonuses are to offset time lost via pvp. The horde's bonus is less time lost due to less opposition.
The time you save by having pvp talent while doing wq WAY outdo the rare pvp you have to actualy do.
11/10/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Warpstone
There is not a reward big enough to make me turn it on.
This. We all know that whatever “reward” mr. Timegate dreams up will be as trivial as he thinks he can get away with.

Although I’m interested in seeing what he thinks is an appropriate “reward” for the joys of getting turbo-ganked by the OP faction.
Rewards won't help the less powerful faction, it's not a matter of "not trying hard enough", it's a matter of there are too many of them, there needs to be a combat buff for the less powerful faction based on the disparity of power.

Start with 10% bonus to damage and 10% damage damage resistance and move from there.
11/10/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Sinelus
I won't turn it on for any reward, there's no reward to justify 10v1 honorless campers. 10% or higher AP doesn't matter anyway, I play to have fun and gain 1 necklace level a week..it works for me.

Let's not pretend the Alliance hasn't formed raid groups for our poorly defended city.

I remember there also being 20-40 man Alliance raid groups camping a world boss on top of a mountain and causing server crashes/ lags.

In my personal experience a lot of hours on end camping has been on the Alliance side.

Including level 120 players camping Tortoga to mount farm and killing leveling players at launch.
11/10/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Ragnaroll
11/10/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Sinelus

Let's not pretend the Alliance hasn't formed raid groups for our poorly defended city.

I remember there also being 20-40 man Alliance raid groups camping a world boss on top of a mountain and causing server crashes/ lags.

In my personal experience a lot of hours on end camping has been on the Alliance side.

Including level 120 players camping Tortoga to mount farm and killing leveling players at launch.

The fact Alliance need to form raid groups to counter the natural advantage Horde enjoy thanks to this pathetic ratio we are expected fight against pretty much proves our point.

As for your personal anecdotes, well not to be rude but no one really cares. Anyone can spin stories about them being camped or raided. The numbers however don't lie and the numbers are completely and utterly in the Horde's favour when it comes to virtually every World PvP instance right now.