Transmog? What are your thoughts?

Classic Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
One of the things I’m wondering from folks...is the clown gear something that we loved from vanilla and needs to stay, or is there any room for a transmog system?

Part of me shudders to even suggest allowing any new systems into the old game...but...transmog would help a lot, haha.

I’m still unsure how I feel. What do you guys think?
< Down to clown
While I enjoyed transmog in Live when I played, I generally used it to transmog into really old gear.

I don't think it really has any place in Classic.
One of the things I’m wondering from folks...is are the trolls something that we loved from vanilla and needs to stay, or is there any room for a non troll system?

Part of me shudders to even suggest allowing any new trolls into the old game...but...the troll system would help a lot, haha. 

I’m still unsure how I feel. What do you guys think?
please stop with this "clown" reference when talking about transmog

I mean obviously some of your gear is mismatched but never is your gear so outrageous that it looks like you are a clown. unless you are specifically going out of your way to look that way.
Did you even bother to search the forum? This has been discussed many times over. Transmog doesn't belong in vanilla wow.
transmog is garbage
No
Eh, I enjoy transmogs on live but there was something to be enjoyed in keeping gear pieces because you like the way they look. Makes the gear feel even more special.

If I remember correctly, there were add-ons for gear swapping. I hope they will make them again for Classic so I can be a total gear diva when walking around town :D
11/10/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Cerrberus
If I remember correctly, there were add-ons for gear swapping. I hope they will make them again for Classic so I can be a total gear diva when walking around town :D

Yes. Outfitter was a good one. I'd imagine since Classic will be based on the 7.3.5 client, that Outfitter will be adapted for Classic.
They already said no.

11/10/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Bandajo
< Down to clown

Still better than the brown/grey/dull blue palette of Wrath. Blargh!
The devs have made it clear, there’s no transmog. The discussion is now over.
Transmog effects...
Group looting.
AH economy.
Ability to identify gear strength in pvp.
Ability to identify someone's work done to achieve gear in city.

The Butterfly Effect is real.
11/10/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Gabriel
What do you guys think?

No.
Absolutely no dolly dress up and no pokemon battle pets either.
I don't see any harm in it, but it wasn't available in Vanilla. Some could argue that if they did enable it, we'd have to deal with players only gearing up to collect t-mogs and bailing when they get what they want, putting endgame people in chaos.
blizzard has pretty adamantly decided that transmog is not apart of classic already.
11/10/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Hatchmark
blizzard has pretty adamantly decided that transmog is not apart of classic already.
true enough.
11/10/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Gabriel
Part of me shudders to even suggest allowing any new systems into the old game...but...transmog would help a lot, haha.

I suspect folks will do what I did before transmog was a thing.
Keep a bunch of nice gear to put together to use as an outfit, and wear that whenever they are not actively trying to kill something. Sometimes things would get pulled in an instance while I was wearing a level 50 bikini instead of my 'working' gear and we would wipe quickly. But the Light forbid I actually walked around in or logged out in some uncoordinated mess.

11/10/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Agonyy
please stop with this "clown" reference when talking about transmog

I mean obviously some of your gear is mismatched but never is your gear so outrageous that it looks like you are a clown. unless you are specifically going out of your way to look that way.

BC leveling gear absolutely was a clown suit. They had some stunning, colorful sets, but you never did get a full set unless you went out of your way to acquire it, and no one did. So you'd be walking around with a gold top, red pants, green gauntlets, blue shoes and whatever else you could find. All together, terrible. Each set complete and separate was fabulous though.

They really have made an effort in more recent expansions to have leveling outfits be cohesive and I appreciate that effort.