Transmog? What are your thoughts?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/11/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Matcauthon
if this was a remaster, why aren't we balancing classes? why aren't we remastering the leveling system with things like quest icons on the mini map?
why aren't we retuning raids?

Here's hoping they do retune the raids a bit and offer some number tweaking to the classes.
Devs said no.
11/11/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Crackbunny
if this was a remaster, why aren't we balancing classes? why aren't we remastering the leveling system with things like quest icons on the mini map?

Here's hoping they do retune the raids a bit and offer some number tweaking to the classes.

yeah. or no.
if this was a remaster

imma stop you right there chief it isn't a remaster
11/11/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Matcauthon
yeah. or no.

Yeah, who wants actually challenging raids anyhow? Better we obliterate them and twiddle our thumbs for the maximum time possible.
11/11/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Crackbunny

Here we can definitely see your motives. It doesn’t stop with transmog does it?
Just need to find a good model change program so you can look however you want but everyone else will still see your real model and gear.
If you watched any of the Blizzcon Q&A panels Ion and others already stated that T-mog will NOT be in classic, along with LFG and LFR.
11/11/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Liotuse
if this was a remaster

imma stop you right there chief it isn't a remaster

exactly my point.

11/11/2018 06:32 AMPosted by Crackbunny
11/11/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Matcauthon
yeah. or no.

Yeah, who wants actually challenging raids anyhow? Better we obliterate them and twiddle our thumbs for the maximum time possible.

you clearly never raided naxx 40.
No transmog please.

Transmog was one of few things I enjoyed in retail; however it really has no place in Classic.

I want to be able to see what everyone else is wearing.
11/11/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Matcauthon

Naxx 40 is totally different than MC, BWL, AQ40, etc. Since we'll be running off of 1.12, MC and BWL are going to be mind numbingly easy. Same with Onyxia. Tune them a bit so we aren't killing Ragnaros in the first week.
11/11/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Espur

Naxx 40 is totally different than MC, BWL, AQ40, etc. Since we'll be running off of 1.12, MC and BWL are going to be mind numbingly easy. Same with Onyxia. Tune them a bit so we aren't killing Ragnaros in the first week.

oh i agree they are going to be boring. but then again i also remember MC being refered to as Molten Bore
I know that it won't be in the game so it's all kind of moot, but I'd have absolutely no problem if it was a two sided toggle: the transmogger gets to look like what he wants on his own screen, and I get to set an option saying whether I see his mogs or his real gear.

I'd be seeing real gear.
Confirmed it won't happen, may as well delete this thread
I think, you won't like what I think...
11/11/2018 07:02 AMPosted by ArmagoFE0B5F
Here we can definitely see your motives. It doesn’t stop with transmog does it?

I uh, never said it did? I think any improvement that can be made without sacrificing the critical values of Vanilla should be made. Mogging, updated models, AoE looting, modern AH functionality, the bag organizing button, and anything else that doesn't harm the immersive and community aspects of Vanilla which are the reason people want it revived in the first place.

11/11/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Fatius
Ion and others already stated that T-mog will NOT be in classic

Well then we need to change their mind. Get them to approach Classic with more nuance and less superstition.

So a single semi-challenging raid insead of several is preferable?

11/11/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Chadgil
I want to be able to see what everyone else is wearing.

Why? Outside of the inspect function you can see 6/16 pieces of gear, which means you already can't see nearly twice as much as you can. What real difference do those final six pieces make that's so worth not having one of the most RPG flavor features added to the game in over a decade?

11/11/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Bigsly1DD123

They "confirmed" Classic wouldn't happen at all for a long time.
11/11/2018 10:32 AMPosted by Bigsly1DD123
Even when this topic is dead, buried, officially confirmed not going to happen these threads continue. Best thing to do is just ignore them, as they're a complete waste of time. Of course I'm not following my own advice...
I think if it was implemented differently than live people would warm up to it like sharding and loot trading.
The main concern is the economy, people ninjaing for tmog, and people just running dungeons for tmogs.
Fix those and some no changers will tell you they knew it was being included all along.
Since hide helm and cloak were in Vanilla and are tmog this wouldn't be a change outside of the no changes parameters.

Put the looks on vendors. Charge gold. Becomes a gold sink. GG.
11/11/2018 11:03 AMPosted by Padrepwn
I think if it was implemented differently than live people would warm up to it like sharding and loot trading.
The main concern is the economy, people ninjaing for tmog, and people just running dungeons for tmogs.
Fix those and some no changers will tell you they knew it was being included all along.
Since hide helm and cloak were in Vanilla and are tmog this wouldn't be a change outside of the no changes parameters.

Put the looks on vendors. Charge gold. Becomes a gold sink. GG.

I could get behind that but they shouldn't just be able to buy tier xmog.
And hide cloak and helm are only in the xmog tab now for convienence.
I have an idea for transmog. If you want transmog play BFA.. =P