About to reroll. Gonna give Bfa another shot.

Returning Player Help and Discussion
I’m rerolling but idk if I should go warlock or shaman.
Warlock is solid all around in pve and arena right now. Enh and resto shammy are good in arena, but not sure about pve. Considering you're coming back to give the expansion a second chance however, and judging on the general community vibe about shamans right now, if it was me I'd probably stay away from that option at the moment. Things could change in December when 8.1 rolls around though.
How is the warlock leveling?
Shaman is extremely fun to play imo. I like both classes, but depends what your end goals are.
11/11/2018 09:47 AMPosted by Sonå
Shaman is extremely fun to play imo. I like both classes, but depends what your end goals are.

Well I’m not gonna be doing mythic raiding or pushing high mythic + keys but I would like to be able to get into heroic raids and fairly high keys. I’ve heard that shamans are getting turned down for raids and mythic plus +
I have seen shamans perform well in heroic raids and high mythics. Haven't heard of them getting turned down for any other reason besides ilvl.

Plus they are getting buffed in 8.1.
Warlock is not solid all around in pve and arena is right now.

Affliction is okay in rbgs, F tier/near useless in arena and great for higher key mythic + and raids.

Destruction is viable in arena but still not very good. You have to work twice as hard as the brain dead melees to be successful. It’s decent in mythics and raids.

Both of these specs are based on 2 minute cool downs and shells of what they used to be. All of your utility is gone.

Demonology just plain sucks.