Why so toxic over pvp?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
11/12/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Ziryus
I tend to find serious pvpers toxic because they are playing the wrong game for serious pvp and they know it. As such they have to do everything they can to try to defend WoW pvp as anything other than a side game, that or they just like to grief people.

Vanilla pvp is by far the most fun iv had in any game. How dare you say wow is not the game for pvp.
On PvP servers, half the end game is PvP lol.
11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Havell
Its just a game. Not a real life threat haha :P yeah I loose here and there but I don't complain or have a nervous breakdown over it. I kick myself in the rear end and try again - along with getting more gear.
you have never been camped by rogue for 3 or 4 hours have you
11/12/2018 10:05 AMPosted by Natiari
11/12/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Raggnnar
Also in no way did PVPers here consider PVEers lesser for not enjoying the pvp content.

Ah.. So comments like "Carebear" and "GitGud", etc... don't count?

That is spewed forth by the PvP community so often against PvE players, it's almost a mantra. Now, I know all PvP players aren't that way, but your loudest group are and it gives you all a bad name.

Those statements were quotes and relations. Look at Melaned. lol.

Having the feeling that it is carebear but understanding why people prefer it lol. Even admitting "props to them they can do something I can't".

Are there bad PVP players? Cenk - "OF COURSE!" but the vitriol comes in the misunderstanding of taunts and harsh play that PVPers partake in and is balled up in anti-PVPers and released into this BS. This BS then gets actual negative responses by PVPers.
11/12/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Micro
Its just a game. Not a real life threat haha :P yeah I loose here and there but I don't complain or have a nervous breakdown over it. I kick myself in the rear end and try again - along with getting more gear.

Its impossible to be camped for 3 to 4 hours unless you allow it to happen to yourself.
11/12/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Zlo
I tend to find serious pvpers toxic because they are playing the wrong game for serious pvp and they know it. As such they have to do everything they can to try to defend WoW pvp as anything other than a side game, that or they just like to grief people.

Vanilla pvp is by far the most fun iv had in any game. How dare you say wow is not the game for pvp.

Mostly because I play games with real pvp. But if you find wow pvp fun that's great, it's just not something to be taken seriously.
11/12/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ziryus
11/12/2018 12:51 PMPosted by Zlo

Mostly because I play games with real pvp. But if you find wow pvp fun that's great, it's just not something to be taken seriously.

And out of curiosity, what would you define as "real" pvp?
11/12/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Clioneds

You tend to see a lot of things incorrectly though lolol.

Except in this case he isn't wrong.
11/12/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Zlo
11/12/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Raggnnar
So I just read this entire thread to respond to your post. Because you said how you can even find PVP players talking down to PVE players within the thread even...

Not once did a PVP player talk down to a PVE player over PVE. All of the anti-PVE negativity in this thread was actually negative over the vitriol of a PVE player or two. . . Not the fact of how they play. In fact most PVP players and one who said he plays on PVE but understands were talking about what makes the two groups different.

Most PVE players cannot stand the taunts that PVP players do in PVP. Guess what? Your taunts are worse! At least PVP player taunts are simple one time taunts. Look to these forums! "LOLSRET" and how "EXPECT TO PUT ON A DRESS AND HEAL" all because one spec is seen as non-viable when actually it is if you do things appropriately?

In fact I want to thank you. Because reading this entire thread helped reinforce my opinion that the real vitriol and toxicity initiates from those anti-PVPers. Yes I said "anti-PVPers" not PVEers. Because not all PVEers are anti-PVPers, but all anti-PVPers are PVEers so PVE players get the blame when they don't all deserve it.

i agree and the anti-pvpers state things like "PvP should remain the 2nd-class-citizen status it deserves." so how can any PvPer agree with someone who thinks what they do in a video game decides how much attention the company gives to their opinion. Entitled PvE'er right there pretty much saying "Game was designed for PvE so only pay attention to PvE". This is untrue. The game is an mmorpg, whatever you do in the world is up to you. I prefer focusing on PvP and only raid for gear. I find getting gear without something to use it for is a huge waste of time.

EXACTLY how I feel. Why gear up to just... gear up more?

11/12/2018 10:13 AMPosted by Natiari
11/12/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Zlo
The loudest of the PvE'ers are more toxic.

We'll agree to disagree.

They have tantrums

PvP players have tantrums when some ability of another class wrecks them, or for nerfs to their class or buffs to another class.

Let's not pretend that PvE players are worse.

player verse mindless npc encounter

This right here shows your bias and negates your whole point. Makes you as bad as that Azeroth-guy.

You think literally believing that PVP players are second class citizens in the game and that their content should remain a small side game that gets a bone toss here and there for scraps is not fueled by vitriol? Are you serious?

Also let us be frank here, you talk about pvp players qqing but what is ALL OF THE CLASS BALANCE QQ IN CLASSIC FORUMS ABOUT? PVE... Not PVP. And what is the response to most of that?! "Put on a dress and heal" by other PVEers... You cannot be more hypocritical.

What makes those things worse is that while PVPers taunt it's an in the moment thing. We tell people to get better, not that they will never get better. Those "put on a dress, expect to heal" comments are end all be all "dont like it dont play it"comments. THAT is real negativity.
11/12/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Natiari
11/12/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Clioneds

You tend to see a lot of things incorrectly though lolol.

Except in this case he isn't wrong.

Oh, yes he is lol.
11/12/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Clioneds
...you have never been camped by rogue for 3 or 4 hours have you

Its impossible to be camped for 3 to 4 hours unless you allow it to happen to yourself.
how so , they are invisable , there are certain places where they know you have to go to quest, im not gonna log off my guy and do something else,i get pretty pissed and stubborn when i get ganked so maybe its just me
11/12/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Clioneds
11/12/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Ziryus

Well in general games that are balanced around skill first instead of class > gear > skill like WoW. For example I was playing a game like that that also was set in Azeroth when WoW came out, it was called WC3.
11/12/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Micro
11/12/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Clioneds

how so , they are invisable , there are certain places where they know you have to go to quest, im not gonna log off my guy and do something else,i get pretty pissed and stubborn when i get ganked so maybe its just me

You ask me how so but then literally admit out of pure stubbornness you let yourself get ganked for 4 hours lol. There is always something else to do, somewhere else, on that same character, or another character. There is no reason you get tanked for 4 hours unless you just kept rezzing over and over in the same place knowing he was still there to kill you lolol.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Well in general games that are balanced around skill first instead of class > gear > skill like WoW. For example I was playing a game like that that also was set in Azeroth when WoW came out, it was called WC3.

I played WC3 as well, it was a lot of fun, albeit at that time I wasn't very good.

But are there any current MMOs out there that are perfectly balanced? Even close to it? Nope, even Darkfall which was hailed as requiring the largest amount of skill (which it likely was correct about) wasn't perfectly balanced at all...

The reality is, if your standard is balance, or fairness, skill, or anything similar, then there is no such thing as "real" pvp.

Have you ever had guilds go for you specifically by name while leveling to the point that that specific character was so hard to level up that it took weeks to get through certain content? I have.

I, on my druid, as an alt, made top hit lists on horde and had horde QQing about my druid in trade chat nonstop.

Funny part was I didn't know how well-known and infamous I was. No I didnt camp people endlessly I just thoroughly delved into wpvp for months as a lvl 53 alt druid in bc. When I mentioned the name of my druid to someone from my home realm in Cata they were flipping the freak out. It now makes sense to me that leveling my druid in bc and wlk was so freaking hard and horde would stop at nothing to kill and camp me endlessly.

And funny thing is, I welcome that challenge again!
11/12/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Clioneds
11/12/2018 01:19 PMPosted by Micro
... how so , they are invisable , there are certain places where they know you have to go to quest, im not gonna log off my guy and do something else,i get pretty pissed and stubborn when i get ganked so maybe its just me

You ask me how so but then literally admit out of pure stubbornness you let yourself get ganked for 4 hours lol. There is always something else to do, somewhere else, on that same character, or another character. There is no reason you get tanked for 4 hours unless you just kept rezzing over and over in the same place knowing he was still there to kill you lolol.

Always level a 2nd character at a different rate in case character 1 gets the "I'm gonna camp you till you quit" batt.

i have, thats why i avoid pvp or just straight up mess with pvpers psychologically.
11/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Raggnnar

Always level a 2nd character at a different rate in case character 1 gets the "I'm gonna camp you till you quit" batt.
i didnt know back then what i know now. Blood and Thunder!
11/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Raggnnar

Nope, you can literally just get on a flight path and go somewhere else, there is always something else to do in WoW, its impossible to get camped unless you allow it to happen.
11/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Starmage

i have, thats why i avoid pvp or just straight up mess with pvpers psychologically.

The fact you allowed yourself to be camped for 4 hours, to the point you will never go back to a PvP server shows it is you who has been psychologically messed with lol.