Why so toxic over pvp?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
11/12/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Clioneds

Well in general games that are balanced around skill first instead of class > gear > skill like WoW. For example I was playing a game like that that also was set in Azeroth when WoW came out, it was called WC3.

I played WC3 as well, it was a lot of fun, albeit at that time I wasn't very good.

But are there any current MMOs out there that are perfectly balanced? Even close to it? Nope, even Darkfall which was hailed as requiring the largest amount of skill (which it likely was correct about) wasn't perfectly balanced at all...

The reality is, if your standard is balance, or fairness, skill, or anything similar, then there is no such thing as "real" pvp.
perfect balance is obtainable without complete homogenization i.e. the class system of swtor, mmorpgs and moba are the same that they are fun because of they are in a constant ebb and flow of rebalancing . take the good times when they are good , post memes about how bad your class is when the times are dark, and i play shaman on retail atm so i know about dark times!!!
11/12/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Micro
you have never been camped by rogue for 3 or 4 hours have you

i have, thats why i avoid pvp or just straight up mess with pvpers psychologically.

HAH! That's just it! See you avoid it, I don't blame anyone avoiding it especially multi rogues camping for hours.

But you still have that "I want to mess with them" even if just a bit.

See I respect any player for doing what they enjoy. I do not however respect players trying to stop what others enjoy entirely especially through making Blizzard do things to kill aspects of the game.

If every server was a PVP server and PVEers not liking pvp could not escape it, I'd be entirely on your side telling Blizz they need non-PVP servers. And as admitted I feel physically ill on PVE servers.

As for ppl talking bout camping. If my druid could not stealth I would NEVER have been able to lvl her. That's how bad it was rofl. But the thing is, I earned that infamy. I deserved ppl going after me nonstop. And for most of it I enjoyed it. What did piss me off though were the speed hacker rogues sent after me. Not a fan of speed hackers.... I had two speed hacking rogues camp me once that would not get off my freaking tail.
11/12/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Clioneds
The fact you allowed yourself to be camped for 4 hours, to the point you will never go back to a PvP server shows it is you who has been psychologically messed with lol

not at all, its simply determining your limits and what you know you are and aren't capable of, to conclude that a person has been psychologically tampered with simply because of self learning is a false conclusion.

to edit: I enter a different mind frame at that point, apathetic i suppose,
11/12/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Clioneds
11/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Raggnnar
Always level a 2nd character at a different rate in case character 1 gets the "I'm gonna camp you till you quit" batt.

Nope, you can literally just get on a flight path and go somewhere else, there is always something else to do in WoW, its impossible to get camped unless you allow it to happen.

I don't know. If they are camping you out in the world and stealthed with multiple of them... yeah you can grave res and make a run for FP. I myself have not had this but my best friend irl had an entire guild camp him for killing their gm a load, they camped all of the GYs in the area too.

The speed hackers were a pain because they were 70s and I was like 64 in nagrand, they'd be on me before I could stealth or right afterwards but eventually I got away.
those complaining about getting camped
ask guild to come help, ask friends to come help, log out for hour onto alt and they will probably leave.
11/12/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Zlo
those complaining about getting camped
ask guild to come help, ask friends to come help, log out for hour onto alt and they will probably leave.

Exactly. Or GY res and use FP or so.
11/12/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Clioneds
The fact you allowed yourself to be camped for 4 hours, to the point you will never go back to a PvP server shows it is you who has been psychologically messed with lol

not at all, its simply determining your limits and what you know you are and aren't capable of, to conclude that a person has been psychologically tampered with simply because of self learning is a false conclusion.

to edit: I enter a different mind frame at that point, apathetic i suppose,

It wasn't self learning, you were taught. An outside force tampered with your mind resulting in your new conclusion.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Nope, you can literally just get on a flight path and go somewhere else, there is always something else to do in WoW, its impossible to get camped unless you allow it to happen.

I don't know. If they are camping you out in the world and stealthed with multiple of them... yeah you can grave res and make a run for FP. I myself have not had this but my best friend irl had an entire guild camp him for killing their gm a load, they camped all of the GYs in the area too.

The speed hackers were a pain because they were 70s and I was like 64 in nagrand, they'd be on me before I could stealth or right afterwards but eventually I got away.

Still impossible. You can rez and immediately mount on the flight path and leave.

If you are camped its because you allowed it.
I realized a long time ago that anyone who gets satisfaction and happiness out of the misery of others has a screw loose and needs therapy, not a better weapon.
11/12/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Clioneds
It wasn't self learning, you were taught. An outside force tampered with your mind resulting in your new conclusion

thats an incorrect premise on self learning. self learning is about knowing how you respond to outside forces, wether intentional or accidental.
11/12/2018 02:17 PMPosted by Clioneds

Still impossible. You can rez and immediately mount on the flight path and leave.

If you are camped its because you allowed it.

Errm not many GYs are right on a FP, that said I see if you res a lot till at FP yeah I can see that.
11/12/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Twidget
I realized a long time ago that anyone who gets satisfaction and happiness out of the misery of others has a screw loose and needs therapy, not a better weapon.

imagine being miserable because you got killed in a video game. PvE'ers are pathetic.
11/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Raggnnar
Always level a 2nd character at a different rate in case character 1 gets the "I'm gonna camp you till you quit" batt.

Never met a pair of higher level hunters with nothing else to do? One will camp your corpse and the other your current graveyard. You'll get like 10 feet per rez.

Honestly, this kind of thing is what I don't get about PVP players. is this fun? You outlevel me to the point that I can't see your level, and if I'm very lucky, I'll last long enough for your pet to reach me. It's not a challenge. It's not progress to anything. It's just....griefing.
11/11/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Azerothinian
PvP players tend to be overly competitive, and very hostile toward everyone. They don't have many good qualities beyond twitchy reflexes.

Many of them have bad attitudes and tend to verbally attack players that don't like PvP. (Carebear, etc.)

Part of why one of the very few good things about BfA was completely segregating PvP on all servers.

I am 2500 in 2's and 3's arena Rank 10 on original Nostalrius and do mythic raiding and have a wonderful guild who I love to just hang out and talk about vanilla and do m+ with. You're definitely wrong.
11/12/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Zlo
imagine being miserable because you got killed in a video game. PvE'ers are pathetic

also an incorrect premise, you cannot say a person is pathetic when they simple don't like being killed. it is logical for humans to dislike anything that hinders their goals. Therefore, if it is pathetic to be made unhappy by not obtaining or being hindered in your goals, then pvpers are as pathetic as pvpers, if not more so.
11/12/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Provengreil

Never met a pair of higher level hunters with nothing else to do? One will camp your corpse and the other your current graveyard. You'll get like 10 feet per rez.

Honestly, this kind of thing is what I don't get about PVP players. is this fun? You outlevel me to the point that I can't see your level, and if I'm very lucky, I'll last long enough for your pet to reach me. It's not a challenge. It's not progress to anything. It's just....griefing.

Camping is not fun if it is done beyond 2nd or 3rd kill. And that is very situational.

Usually camping is used to chase the opposing player out of the area. Locking them down until their entire focus is to escape and get away.

Endless camping is usually the more asinine griefers who either have a very serious bone to pick with you or they have issues.

It is VERY rare I will camp someone more than 2 to 3 times. That said if they started the fight on me or someone else and think they can hang around like nothing happened then they have something else coming. Because normally if they had won it'd be the same way.

The few times I remember camping someone endlessly was because they camped and ganked lower levels endlessly or were attacking a lower level town.

Camping is more territorial than what people realize.
11/12/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Zlo
imagine being miserable because you got killed in a video game. PvE'ers are pathetic

also an incorrect premise, you cannot say a person is pathetic when they simple don't like being killed. it is logical for humans to dislike anything that hinders their goals. Therefore, if it is pathetic to be made unhappy by not obtaining or being hindered in your goals, then pvpers are as pathetic as pvpers, if not more so.

Its an opinion. If someone is miserable because for a few minutes in a mmorpg they arent a god like they see themselves as, then they are pathetic. Im sorry you have your ego ruined when someone that is better at the game comes over and makes your pixels hit the ground faster than you can think about using ice block. Perhaps just learn from your mistakes and become a better player. Maybe switch professions to engineering for extra utility.
11/12/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Zlo
Its an opinion. If someone is miserable because for a few minutes in a mmorpg they arent a god like they see themselves as, then they are pathetic. Im sorry you have your ego ruined when someone that is better at the game comes over and makes your pixels hit the ground faster than you can think about using ice block. Perhaps just learn from your mistakes and become a better player. Maybe switch professions to engineering for extra utility

you state it as a fact on what defines people as pathetic, also, if that is your genuine opinion, it will be reported for trolling.

again, people will become upset when their goals aren't attained, therefore your premise of pathetic is indeed an opinion and is troll like behavior.
Okay you two calm down. You both have differing ways of viewing things is all.

Good ol' "agree to disagree".
11/12/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Melaned
Okay you two calm down. You both have differing ways of viewing things is all.

Good ol' "agree to disagree"

Im calm, im simply pointing out his point of view coincides with trolling, especially calling people pathetic.