Why so toxic over pvp?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
11/12/2018 02:51 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 02:49 PMPosted by Melaned
Okay you two calm down. You both have differing ways of viewing things is all.

Good ol' "agree to disagree"

Im calm, im simply pointing out his point of view coincides with trolling, especially calling people pathetic.

I figured you are but this is starting to escalate between you two lol. Can see it from a mile away. "pathetic"coming in and then the direct mentioning on how that goes against forum stuff etc etc.

Not calling anyone out but I think both would benefit from good ol Agree to Disagree. Because both of you come from two different view points that wont give ground due to the basis of your argument.
11/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Zlo
Its an opinion. If someone is miserable because for a few minutes in a mmorpg they arent a god like they see themselves as, then they are pathetic. Im sorry you have your ego ruined when someone that is better at the game comes over and makes your pixels hit the ground faster than you can think about using ice block. Perhaps just learn from your mistakes and become a better player. Maybe switch professions to engineering for extra utility

you state it as a fact on what defines people as pathetic, also, if that is your genuine opinion, it will be reported for trolling.

again, people will become upset when their goals aren't attained, therefore your premise of pathetic is indeed an opinion and is troll like behavior.

It's not trolling so if you report me for trolling, with knowledge that I'm giving a truthful opinion, you will be going against COD. PvP is not troll like behavior. If you can't handle your goal not being attained because of getting killed in a world PvP engagement, then you should have rolled on a PvE realm.
Come on Zlo hug it out.
I like hugs! /hug :D
11/12/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Melaned
Come on Zlo hug it out.

No one is angry. It's a forum discussion. If I get reported for saying a type of thought process is pathetic then I suppose reporting whoever called PvP'ers second class citizens should be allowed as well. At that rate anyone that uses the word 'the' should be reported because someone could find it offensive. Keep the reporting out for people that actually need to be reported like BFA players that come in and make 10 discussions about how to change the game.
I know Zlo, just making sure it doesn't get to a point where there is reports or some random BS haha. That and I gotta mess with you guys a lil bit.
11/12/2018 02:39 PMPosted by Melaned
11/12/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Provengreil

Never met a pair of higher level hunters with nothing else to do? One will camp your corpse and the other your current graveyard. You'll get like 10 feet per rez.

Honestly, this kind of thing is what I don't get about PVP players. is this fun? You outlevel me to the point that I can't see your level, and if I'm very lucky, I'll last long enough for your pet to reach me. It's not a challenge. It's not progress to anything. It's just....griefing.

Camping is not fun if it is done beyond 2nd or 3rd kill. And that is very situational.

Usually camping is used to chase the opposing player out of the area. Locking them down until their entire focus is to escape and get away.

Endless camping is usually the more asinine griefers who either have a very serious bone to pick with you or they have issues.

It is VERY rare I will camp someone more than 2 to 3 times. That said if they started the fight on me or someone else and think they can hang around like nothing happened then they have something else coming. Because normally if they had won it'd be the same way.

The few times I remember camping someone endlessly was because they camped and ganked lower levels endlessly or were attacking a lower level town.

Camping is more territorial than what people realize.

It's great that you see it that way and all, but the last time I was on a PVP server was in BC, and I left because this kind of thing was getting quite common. I was camped, I tried to help others out f being camped, and I was invited by my own friends to camp. I just find the behavior boring and asinine, so I put it all behind me and the game's been better for it, in my experience.
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Clioneds
Some people just dont have a competitive bone in thier body so they have a severe disdain of those who do. They are bad at pvp, and struggle in it because of it so they hate it and those who can perform well in it.

I started out understanding where you were coming from, and then every word after "body" just doesn't work for me. The noncompetitive people simply don't care at all about the PvP argument. The people who care absolutely are competitive, but yes, they suck at PvP. They compete with other players in other ways (mostly gear and cosmetic things in Vanilla, tbh).
11/12/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 02:15 PMPosted by Clioneds
It wasn't self learning, you were taught. An outside force tampered with your mind resulting in your new conclusion

thats an incorrect premise on self learning. self learning is about knowing how you respond to outside forces, wether intentional or accidental.

Incorrect. Those outside forces destroyed your mind to the point that you were incapable of participating on a PvP server.
blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. matthew 5:9

I played WC3 as well, it was a lot of fun, albeit at that time I wasn't very good.

But are there any current MMOs out there that are perfectly balanced? Even close to it? Nope, even Darkfall which was hailed as requiring the largest amount of skill (which it likely was correct about) wasn't perfectly balanced at all...

The reality is, if your standard is balance, or fairness, skill, or anything similar, then there is no such thing as "real" pvp.
perfect balance is obtainable without complete homogenization i.e. the class system of swtor, mmorpgs and moba are the same that they are fun because of they are in a constant ebb and flow of rebalancing . take the good times when they are good , post memes about how bad your class is when the times are dark, and i play shaman on retail atm so i know about dark times!!!

Pretty sure you mean "unobtainable".
11/12/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Felslayer
11/11/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Clioneds
Some people just dont have a competitive bone in thier body so they have a severe disdain of those who do. They are bad at pvp, and struggle in it because of it so they hate it and those who can perform well in it.

I started out understanding where you were coming from, and then every word after "body" just doesn't work for me. The noncompetitive people simply don't care at all about the PvP argument. The people who care absolutely are competitive, but yes, they suck at PvP. They compete with other players in other ways (mostly gear and cosmetic things in Vanilla, tbh).

You can continue being wrong if that makes you feel better.
11/12/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Starmage
11/12/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Zlo
Its an opinion. If someone is miserable because for a few minutes in a mmorpg they arent a god like they see themselves as, then they are pathetic. Im sorry you have your ego ruined when someone that is better at the game comes over and makes your pixels hit the ground faster than you can think about using ice block. Perhaps just learn from your mistakes and become a better player. Maybe switch professions to engineering for extra utility

you state it as a fact on what defines people as pathetic, also, if that is your genuine opinion, it will be reported for trolling.

again, people will become upset when their goals aren't attained, therefore your premise of pathetic is indeed an opinion and is troll like behavior.

Ahh yes, do the snowflake thing and report someone for pointing out your own foolishness lolol.

Makes sense.

Face it, you aren't good enough for PvP so you avoid it. That's fine.
11/12/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Clioneds
11/12/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Felslayer

You're just missing a layer of complexity in your argument. If you think noncompetitive people care about what other players are doing, you're just objectively wrong. The people who have disdain for PvPers are totally competitive people who just suck at PvP.
11/11/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Azerothinian
11/11/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Crackbunny
Yeah, it's not like servers were clearly marked as PvP or PvE or anything.

PvP players could still kill quest givers and harass lowbie quest hubs. PvE server didn't mean no PvP before. Now it does.

PvP should remain the 2nd-class-citizen status it deserves.
11/12/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Felslayer
11/12/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Clioneds

You're just missing a layer of complexity in your argument. If you think noncompetitive people care about what other players are doing, you're just objectively wrong. The people who have disdain for PvPers are totally competitive people who just suck at PvP.

Not missing anything at all, I am simply pointing out the objectively reality of the situation. You can dismiss it if it makes you feel better. Thats no problem, you can be wrong.
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Clioneds
11/12/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Felslayer

Not missing anything at all, I am simply pointing out the objectively reality of the situation. You can dismiss it if it makes you feel better. Thats no problem, you can be wrong.

The objectively reality. LOL. Okay, I have lost all confidence that you're even reading what I'm writing from start to finish. Peace.
11/12/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Felslayer
11/12/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Clioneds

The objectively reality. LOL. Okay, I have lost all confidence that you're even reading what I'm writing from start to finish. Peace.

I am, but like I said you can continue to be wrong if that makes you feel better.
11/11/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Havell
Its just a game. Not a real life threat haha :P yeah I loose here and there but I don't complain or have a nervous breakdown over it. I kick myself in the rear end and try again - along with getting more gear.
i will answer you why because some really benefit to make the most drama possible
that give them content to make on youtube and Twitch.tv and after the donation $$$ more drama is good for them
11/12/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Zlo
imagine being miserable because you got killed in a video game. PvE'ers are pathetic.

And this guy continues to prove that warrior PvE player right.

I mean, come on... Is it any more obvious?